Flutopic 0.005% Oint 10gm
By SYSTOPIC LABORATORIES
10g Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
This product is discontinued
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Flutopic 0.005 % Description
Flutopic Ointment is a topical steroid Ointment preparation. It contains fluticasone as its active ingredient. Flutopic Ointment is used to alleviate the symptoms of various skin diseases like dermat
itis and eczema-like redness, swelling and itching. Wash your hand before and after applying the Ointment. Apply this Ointment as advised by your treating doctor for the prescribed duration. Avoid the medicine to treat other skin conditions than prescribed by the doctor. Flutopic Ointment is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor.
|You Save||₹8.10 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Skin inflammation & itching|
|Side effects||Burning sensation, irritation or itching at the site of application|
Check more medicines with composition as Fluticasone(0.005 %)
Uses of Flutopic 0.005 %
Flutopic Ointment is useful in reducing the redness and itchiness of some skin problems like dermatitis (skin irritation), psoriasis (scales and itchy, dry patches), eczema (itchy inflammation of the skin)....
Contraindications of Flutopic 0.005 %
- If you are allergic to fluticasone or any other ingredients of Flutopic Ointment.
- If you have any infection or infected skin.
- If you have acne or pimples, skin redness near or on the nose, rash around your mouth, itching or itchy skin.
- If your child is less than 3 months old.
Side effects of Flutopic 0.005 %
Burning sensation, irritation or itching at the area Flutopic Ointment is applied.
Precautions and Warnings of Flutopic 0.005 %
Can I apply Flutopic Ointment during pregnancy?
As there is limited information available about the use of this Ointment in pregnant women, consult your doctor before using Flutopic Ointment during pregnancy. In case you are prescribed this medicine, avoid using it in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I apply Flutopic Ointment while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available on the use of this Ointment in a breastfeeding woman. However, be cautious while using this Ointment and avoid using it on the breast or areas near the breast or any large area of the body for a prolonged duration.
Can I drive if I have applied Flutopic Ointment?
There is limited information about the effects of Flutopic Ointment on driving. However, since it is a topical preparation, it may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Flutopic Ointment?
There is no known interaction with alcohol and this Ointment. It is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a skin condition called psoriasis.
- You are applying this Ointment under an airtight dressing.
- You are using this Ointment for a chronic leg ulcer.
- You are applying it near the eyes or eyelids or on the face.
- You have any type of skin infection.
- You are applying the Ointment on a larger surface area, broken skin or under skin folds.
- You have had an allergic reaction in the past with some other steroid medicine.
- Your skin condition has not improved after using Flutopic Ointment.
- You should avoid continuously using this Ointment for a prolonged time in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Flutopic 0.005 %
How Does It Work?
Fluticasone in Flutopic Ointment works by activating certain natural substances in the skin to reduce itching, redness and swelling.
Directions for Use of Flutopic 0.005 %
- Flutopic Ointment is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
- Avoid using this Ointment on large areas of your body for a prolonged time.
Interactions of Flutopic 0.005 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Flutopic Ointment is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
- Medicines like ritonavir (used to treat HIV infection), itraconazole (used to treat fungal infection) should be used with caution along with Flutopic Ointment.
Storage and disposal of Flutopic 0.005 %
Flutopic Ointment should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat. Keep them out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Flutopic 0.005 %
As Flutopic Ointment is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe them out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton...
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Flutopic Ointment, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over-apply this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Flutopic Ointment an antibiotic?
A: No, Flutopic Ointment is not an antibiotic Ointment. It is a topical steroid medicine used to treat various skin conditions such as psoriasis, dermatitis, etc., characterised by the redness, swelling, itching and discomfort of skin problems.
Q: Does Flutopic Ointment lighten the skin?
A: No, Flutopic Ointment is not a skin lightening or a fairness Ointment. This Ointment is used to treat skin conditions associated with itching, swelling, redness and discomfort known as psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, etc.
Q: Can Flutopic be applied on the face?
A: You should avoid applying Flutopic Ointment on your face. Do not apply to areas with thin skin surfaces. If you are using this Ointment on your face make sure not to expose your eyes or ingest the medicine accidentally. But if you have a condition called rosacea or herpes on the face, do not apply it as it can worsen these skin conditions. Do not use fluticasone topical Ointment to treat any other skin condition without the consent of the doctor.
- Cutivate Cream 0.05% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Cutivate Cream 0.05% - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed