Flexabenz 5mg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Flexabenz tablet is used for short term relief from muscle pain and stiffness, most commonly following an injury. It contains cyclobenzaprine which belongs to a class of medicines called muscle relaxants. Flexabenz tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Flexabenz 5 MG
Flexabenz tablet is used to provide relief from muscle pain, stiffness or tightness, limitation of movements, usually following an injury or strenuous activity.
Contraindications of Flexabenz 5 MG
- If you are allergic to cyclobenzaprine or any components of this medicine.
- If you are taking medications from a specific class called Mono Amine Oxidase (MAO) inhibitors (e.g. selegiline, rasagiline, phenelzine, etc.) or tricyclic antidepressants (amitriptyline, imipramine, amoxapine)....
Side effects of Flexabenz 5 MG
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Flexabenz 5 MG
Can I take Flexabenz tablet during pregnancy?
Consult a doctor before taking Flexabenz tablet during pregnancy as limited safety data is available in pregnant women.
Can I take Flexabenz tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if cyclobenzaprine passes into breast milk, thus consult a doctor before taking Flexabenz tablet while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Flexabenz tablet?
Avoid driving if you experience dizziness or drowsiness after taking Flexabenz tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Flexabenz tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol with Flexabenz tablet as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from any psychiatric illness and are on treatment for the same.
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- You have any thyroid problems.
- You are suffering from urinary retention (incomplete emptying of the bladder).
- You have glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You are above 60 years old.
Mode of Action of Flexabenz 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Cyclobenzaprine acts on the brain and spinal cord and regulates the effects of the nerves on the muscle and thus, causes relaxation and pain relief. It is also thought to block the pain impulses from reaching the brain....
Directions for Use of Flexabenz 5 MG
- Flexabenz tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Flexabenz 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Flexabenz tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your psychiatric illnesses like selegiline, rasagiline, phenelzine, amitriptyline, imipramine, amoxapine, doxepin, nortriptyline, etc.
Storage and disposal of Flexabenz 5 MG
- Store Flexabenz tablets in a clean and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Flexabenz 5 MG
- Symptoms of overdose may include severe drowsiness, confusion, hallucinations, palpitations, fainting.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too many Flexabenz tablets, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose of Flexabenz tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Flexabenz tablet?
A: Flexabenz tablet is used for the relief of muscle spasms associated with acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions.
Q: Is Flexabenz tablet a pain killer?
A: Flexabenz tablet is not a pain killer. It is a muscle relaxant.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.