Flexabenz 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Flexabenz 5 MG Description
Flexabenz tablet is used for short term relief from muscle pain and stiffness, most commonly following an injury. It contains cyclobenzaprine which belongs to a class of medicines called muscle relax
ants. Flexabenz tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Flexabenz 5 MG
Contraindications of Flexabenz 5 MG
- If you are allergic to cyclobenzaprine or any components of this medicine.
- If you are taking medications from a specific class called Mono Amine Oxidase (MAO) inhibitors (e.g. selegiline, rasagiline, phenelzine, etc.) or tricyclic antidepressants (amitriptyline, imipramine, amoxapine)....
Side effects of Flexabenz 5 MG
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Flexabenz 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from any psychiatric illness and are on treatment for the same.
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- You have any thyroid problems.
- You are suffering from urinary retention (incomplete emptying of the bladder).
- You have glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You are above 60 years old.
Mode of Action of Flexabenz 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Flexabenz 5 MG
- Flexabenz tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Flexabenz 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Flexabenz tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your psychiatric illnesses like selegiline, rasagiline, phenelzine, amitriptyline, imipramine, amoxapine, doxepin, nortriptyline, etc.
Storage and disposal of Flexabenz 5 MG
- Store Flexabenz tablets in a clean and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Flexabenz 5 MG
- Symptoms of overdose may include severe drowsiness, confusion, hallucinations, palpitations, fainting.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too many Flexabenz tablets, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose of Flexabenz tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.