Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab
By EAST INDIA PHARMA WORKS LTD
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab is used for the treatment of various bacterial infections such as infection of lungs, airways, ears, urinary tract, skin, bone, joints, soft tissue and tooth. It is a combination medicine containing amoxicillin and clavulanic acid, which belongs to the class of antibiotics. Please inform your doctor if you are allergic to antibiotics or have experienced any allergic reaction after taking antibiotics. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
|You Save||₹24.96 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, headache|
Check more medicines with composition as Amoxicillin + Clavulanate(Clavulanic Acid)
Uses of Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab
Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab is used to treat various types of infections caused by bacteria such as sinus infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infection, bone, tooth and joint infections....
Contraindications of Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin or clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab .
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
Side effects of Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab
Precautions and Warnings of Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab
Can I take Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab during pregnancy unless it is considered essential by your doctor. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed when you are taking Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab as its components pass into the breastmilk & are known to cause fungal infections of the mouth and diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab ?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab as it may cause dizziness, fits and allergic reactions.
Can I consume alcohol with Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab ?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment with Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab , as it may worsen the side effects like dizziness and fits.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver problems.
- You are above 60 years.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You have diarrhoea and stomach pain even after stopping treatment with Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab .
Mode of Action of Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab
How Does It Work?
- Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab works by the combined action of its two components.
- Amoxicillin kills the bacteria responsible for infections. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Amoxicillin.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab
- Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken after your meal to avoid stomach discomforts. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals your child is currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- There is an increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol, it is advised to monitor the blood tests like PT-INR regularly.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate which is used in the treatment of cancer.
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid and medicines used to modify an immune response during an organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil should be used cautiously with Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab ....
Storage and disposal of Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab
- Store Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab
Symptoms of an overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhoea, drowsiness and fluid retention. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail therapy. If you have missed taking any dose of Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab , take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect of Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab but contact your doctor immediately if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucous along with stomach pain and fever. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: How long does it take for Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab to show its effects?
A: Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab can start showing its effect approximately after 1 hour of its consumption. However, it varies among individuals and can also vary due to the physiology of an individual and the severity of the infection. As it is an antibiotic medicine, the complete effect towards infection could be seen after you complete the course of antibiotic treatment.
Q: How many times should I take Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab in a day?
A: The exact frequency of consumption of Flemoxin Cv Plus 1gm Tab depends upon your infection or disease. Your doctor will decide this after accessing the problem. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor, kindly refrain from self-medication of any antibiotics and do not take it in excess or less.
- Augmentin Tablets USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Augmentin 625 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Amoxicillin/Clavulanic Acid - CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]