Firm Up 100mg Cap
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Firm Up 100mg Cap contains Progesterone, a natural female hormone.
Uses of Firm Up 100mg Cap
It is used in combination with estrogen to reduce the symptoms of menopause in women who have an intact uterus which is known as hormone replacement therapy.
Contraindications of Firm Up 100mg Cap
- If you have an allergy to Progesterone or any of the ingredients of the medicine
- If you have or ever had breast or uterine cancer
- If you experience vaginal bleeding
- If you are suffering from heart disease or clots in blood vessels
- If you are suffering from porphyria (inherited or acquired disorders of certain enzymes)
- If you have bleeding in your brain or stroke
- If you have liver disease
- If you are breastfeeding
Side effects of Firm Up 100mg Cap
- Abdominal bloating
- Abdominal pain
- Breast tenderness
- Joint pain
- Hot flushes (sudden warmth feeling over face, neck or chest)
- Urine problems
- Vaginal discharge
- Increased risk of breast cancer, clots in blood vessels, heart disease
Precautions and Warnings of Firm Up 100mg Cap
Can I take Firm Up 100mg Cap during pregnancy?
If you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant, you should not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Firm Up 100mg Cap while breastfeeding?
Firm Up 100mg Cap should not be taken during breastfeeding as this medicine can harm your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Firm Up 100mg Cap?
This medicine may cause drowsiness or dizziness. Therefore caution is advised while driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Firm Up 100mg Cap?
It is unknown if drinking alcohol is safe when you are taking Progesterone. However, it is advised not to drink alcohol while taking this medicine as alcohol may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience abnormal vaginal bleeding or develop fibroids
- You notice changes in breast or nipple
- You have liver problems
- You have high blood pressure or diabetes
- You have a history of fits (epilepsy) or asthma
- You have or had depression
- You have asthma
- You have hearing or eardrum diseases
- Your skin is sensitive to light
- You develop yellowing of eyes or skin
- You notice visual disturbance
Mode of Action of Firm Up 100mg Cap
How Does It Work?
After cessation of menses (menopause), the female hormones decrease. This leads to a lot of menopause-related problems. This medicine replenishes the female hormone ie Progesterone which is required f
or normal functioning of the body....
Directions for Use of Firm Up 100mg Cap
- Firm Up 100mg Cap must be taken as directed by your doctor
- Swallow this medicine whole with a glass of water
Interactions of Firm Up 100mg Cap
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy (Phenobarbital, Phenytoin and Carbamazepine)
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis (Rifampicin, Rifabutin)
- Medicines used to treat HIV infections (Nevirapine, Efavirenz, Ritonavir and Nelfinavir)
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson’s Disease (Bromocriptine)
- Medicines used to treat a fungal infection (Ketoconazole, Griseofulvin, Terbinafine)
- Medicines known as water tablets (Spironolactone)
- Antibiotics like Ampicillin, Tetracyclines
- Medicines used to prevent blood clots (Coumarins, Phenindione)
- Medicines used to treat diabetes
- Medicines like Ulipristal Acetate used as emergency contraceptives
- Medicines used to treat anxiety disorders (Diazepam)
- Medicines used to treat multiple sclerosis (Tizanidine)
Interactions with food items
Firm Up 100mg Cap should not be taken with food.
Storage and disposal of Firm Up 100mg Cap
- Firm Up 100mg Cap does not require any special conditions for storage
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Firm Up 100mg Cap
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, dizziness, sleepiness or fatigue.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dos
e of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I be careful about while taking this medicine?
- This medicine can increase the risk of breast cancer. Hence inform the doctor if you or anyone in your family ever had breast cancer
- Check your breast regularly for changes in nipple, any lumps, unusual dimpling of skin. If you notice any of these, immediately inform your doctor
- This medicine can also increase the risk of heart disease, immediately notify your doctor if you experience pain in chest or pain in legs and inability to walk
Q: Is there anything else I need to know while taking Progesterone?
- Yes, if you are going to have a surgery, tell your doctor that you are being treated with Progesterone as you may need to stop taking this medicine for 4-6 weeks before the surgery to reduce the riskof blood clots...Read more
- Get regularly examined by your doctor for mammography
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved