Ferikind M Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ferikind M tablet contains a combination of vitamin B9 (Folic acid) and iron, two crucial components the body requires for optimal health. Folic acid in the tablet helps the body produce and maintain new cells and is important for the formation of the genetic material. Iron on other hand is an important component for haemoglobin (Hb) formation, which in turn carries oxygen to the entire body. You may experience some common side effects like nausea, vomiting, dark coloured stools and an upset stomach. Do not take this medicine in more than the recommended dosage as it may interfere with the absorption of zinc and vitamin B12. This tablet can be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding as it helps to prevent nutritional deficiency in these conditions.
Ingredients and Benefits
- Vitamin B9 or Folic Acid: One of the essential vitamins which play a vital role in DNA and amino acids synthesis. It is crucial for cell division and the development of blood cells. It is essential for the development of the brain and spinal cord of a growing baby and lack of this during pregnancy can lead to birth defects.read less
- Iron: It is a vital mineral that the body requires. It is crucial for haemoglobin (Hb) formation (present in the red blood cells). Hb carries oxygen from the lungs to the entire body. It is also a part of myoglobin that supplies oxygen to muscles. It plays a significant role in immunity, the formation of certain hormones and regulating body temperature.read less
Uses of Ferikind M Tablet
- For the treatment and prevention of iron and folic acid deficiency i.e. anaemia, characterised by weakness, fatigue, difficulty in breathing, headache, irritability and difficulty in concentration.
- As a supplement to prevent nutritional deficiency during pregnancy, breastfeeding after surgery or in conditions of nutritional malabsorption.
Precautions and Warnings of Ferikind M Tablet
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have any existing medical conditions like diabetes, hypertension, kidney or liver problems.
- If you are on other medications, supplements or following any complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You should not take this supplement if you are allergic to any of the component of this supplement.
- If you have any planned surgery or operation. You may be asked to stop taking these products at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the procedure.
- Dietary supplements are intended to supplement the diets of some people and should not be a substitute for a well-balanced, varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Directions for Use of Ferikind M Tablet
- Take this supplement as advised by your doctor.
- Preferably take it one hour before a meal, avoid taking tea or coffee along with the supplement.
- You should not consume dietary supplements more than the stated recommended daily dose.
Storage and disposal of Ferikind M Tablet
- Should be stored in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What foods are rich in folic acid and iron?
A: Foods rich in folic acid and iron are certain types of seafood, leafy green vegetables like spinach, nuts, beans, peas, orange, resins, etc.
Q: Are there any side effects associated with this supplement?
A: You may experience skin rashes, stomach discomforts, diarrhoea and vomiting if it is consumed in excess. Taking too much of this supplement can interfere with the absorption of some other nutrients like zinc and vitamin B12.
Q: Does this supplement interact with other medicines?
- Medicines used to treat indigestion like antacids, medicines used to treat bacterial infections like Chloramphenicol and medicines used to treat bone problems like bisphosphonates should be taken with a minimum gap of two hours.read less
- Consult your doctor if you are taking medicines like Phenytoin (used to treat epilepsy), Methotrexate (used to treat cancer) and Sulfasalazine (used to treat ulcers).
Q: What happens in the deficiency of folic acid?
A: One may develop anaemia, ulcers in the mouth, diarrhoea and flatulence. In severe cases, it can cause infertility.
Q: Who should not take this tablet?
A: You should avoid taking iron supplements if you are allergic to iron supplements, if you have an excessive amount of iron in your blood, if you have ulcers or inflammation in the stomach or intestine, you have a blood disorder (haemolytic anaemia). Please consult your doctor if you have any of these issues before taking the medicine. Please tell your doctor all about your health prior to using this tablet.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹18.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Vitamin B9 / Folic Acid / Folate(1.5 Mg),Iron(100.0 Mg)|
|Uses||To treat various conditions of Iron and Folic acid deficiency like Iron deficieny anemia, iron deficiency due to pregnancy or breast feeding, conditions of nutritional malabsorption|
Last Updated on: 27 Mar 2021 | 07:20 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved