Febrex 100 MG Description
Febrex Oral Drop contains paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen as its active ingredient. It is used to provide relief from fever and pain in children. It acts by inhibiting the release of a chemi
cal substance called prostaglandins, responsible for controlling body temperature. This medicine is meant to be used only in children. Shake the bottle well before use. Give the Febrex Oral Drop as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to your child. Use appropriate measuring cups to give your child the exact stated dose.
- Fevago Peppermint Flavour Drops 15mlBy Cipla Limited15ml Oral Drop in BottleMRP 27.21₹ 23.1363% CHEAPER₹ 1.54/Ml
Uses of Febrex 100 MG
Contraindications of Febrex 100 MG
- If your child is allergic to paracetamol or any of the ingredients of Febrex Oral Drop.
- If you are giving your child any other product that contains paracetamol.
Side effects of Febrex 100 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Febrex 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- Your child had or has severe liver or kidney disease.
- You are giving your child any other medicines or products that contain paracetamol.
- Giving too much of the same can cause liver damage.
- Febrex Oral Drop should not be used in adults.
Mode of Action of Febrex 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Febrex 100 MG
- Give medicine as directed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
Interactions of Febrex 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat nausea or vomiting like metoclopramide or domperidone.
- Medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin.
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines like cholestyramine, do not take this medicine within one hour of taking Febrex Oral Drop.
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infections like chloramphenicol.
Storage and disposal of Febrex 100 MG
- Store Febrex Oral Drop at or below 25°C.
- Do not freeze.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Febrex 100 MG
- Giving Febrex Oral Drop in high doses may result in serious liver damage.
- Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and stomach ache.
- However, if you have taken too much of Febrex Oral Drop, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed a dose then give it, as soon as you remember.
- Keep a gap of at least 4-6 hours between this dose and next dose.
- If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Febrex Oral Drop be used in babies?
Q: What should I do if my child vomits after giving Febrex Oral Drop?
Q: Can Febrex Oral Drop cause constipation?
Q: Is Febrex effective for fever?
Q: How long does Febrex Oral Drop take to work?
- Paracetamol 120mg/5ml Oral Suspension - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
- Acetaminophen [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
- Paracetamol 120mg/5ml Oral Suspension - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]