Eyecon Eye Drops
By LEEFORD HEALTHCARE LTD
10ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Eyecon Eye Drops Description
Eyecon Eye drop is a combination medicine containing Boric acid, zinc sulphate, naphazoline and chlorpheniramine. It is used for the treatment of fungal or bacterial infections of the eye. It is used
to wash the eyes to remove pollutants from the eyes and decrease irritation of the eyes. It is used to temporarily decrease redness, itching and watering from eyes due to pollen grains, grass, animal hair, etc. Burning or stinging sensation at the site of instillation, redness of eyes, blurring of the eyes are some of the side effects of using this medicine, if side effects bother you then immediately inform your doctor.
|You Save||₹5.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Boric Acid(1.25 %) + Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate(0.12 %) + Naphazoline(0.056 %) + Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(0.015 %)|
|Uses||Allergic eye conditions|
|Side effects||Burning or stinging sensation at the site of instillation|
Check more medicines with composition as Boric Acid(1.25 %) + Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate(0.12 %) + Naphazoline(0.056 %) + Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(0.015 %)
Uses of Eyecon Eye Drops
Eyecon Eye drop is used to wash the eyes to remove pollutants from the eyes and decrease the irritation of the eyes. It is also used to temporarily decrease redness, itching and watering from eyes due to pollen grains, grass, animal hair, etc....
Contraindications of Eyecon Eye Drops
If you are allergic to boric acid, zinc sulphate monohydrate, naphazoline, chlorpheniramine or any other ingredients of the Eyecon Eye drop.
Side effects of Eyecon Eye Drops
- Burning or stinging sensation at the site of instillation.
- Redness of the eyes.
- The blurring of the eyes.
Precautions and Warnings of Eyecon Eye Drops
Can I instil the Eyecon Eye drop during pregnancy?
Eyecon Eye drop is to be used locally as eye drops only and there are fewer chances of absorption in the blood. Still, this medicine should be used under medical supervision by a pregnant woman.
Can I instil the Eyecon Eye drop while breastfeeding?
Eyecon Eye drop is to be used locally as eye drops only and it is not known whether this medicine passes in the breastmilk or not. This medicine should be used by lactating mothers only if it is prescribed by a doctor.
Can I drive if I have instilled the Eyecon Eye drops?
Using the Eyecon Eye drop can cause temporary blurring of vision. Avoid driving until your vision is clear.
Can I consume alcohol if I have instilled the Eyecon Eye drops?
Alcohol is not known to interact with the Eyecon Eye drops. However, if you consume alcohol too often discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have diabetes, glaucoma, heart problems, high blood pressure, an overactive thyroid, difficulty in urination.
- You have open wounds or other skin injuries around your eyes.
- You are wearing contact lenses or you have a headache.
- Your eye irritation persists or worsens.
- You have burning or stinging sensation in the eyes, pain in the eyes, vision problems after using the Eyecon Eye drops.
Mode of Action of Eyecon Eye Drops
How Does It Work?
- Chlorpheniramine works by opposing the action of a substance called histamine, a chemical formed in the body in certain allergic conditions to relieve symptoms of allergy such as redness, itching, watering from eyes, etc. ...
- Naphazoline is a decongestant medicine. It works by narrowing the blood vessels in the eye.
- Boric acid and zinc sulphate are antiseptics and work by treating the irritation and infections of the eyes.
Directions for Use of Eyecon Eye Drops
- Use the Eyecon Eye drops as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow the directions carefully & do not miss any doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Eyecon Eye Drops
Interactions with other medicines
Since the Eyecon Eye drop is to be used externally, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Eyecon Eye Drops
- Store the Eyecon Eye drop at 20°C to 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Eyecon Eye Drops
Symptoms of overuse of the Eyecon Eye drop include redness of the eyes. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have instilled extra drops of it wash your eyes thoroughly with water....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed an instillation of the Eyecon Eye drop, instil it as soon as possible. Do not instil more drops just to compensate for the missed dose.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take if I am wearing contact lenses and using the Eyecon Eye drops?
A: If you are using the Eyecon Eye drops and wearing contact lenses, you should wait for at least 15 minutes to put on the contact lenses after using the Eyecon drops.
Q: Does Eyecon Eye drop cause pupil dilation?
A: Eyecon Eye drops can cause pupil dilation or wide pupil as a side effect of naphazoline present in these eye drops.
Q: What precautions should I take while using the Eyecon Eye drops?
A: You should not touch the tip of the eye drop container to prevent contamination of the eye drops, there should be a gap of at least 5 minutes between the instillation of any two different eye drops.
Q: Can I use the Eyecon Eye drop for a longer duration?
A: Eyecon Eye drops should be used for a short period of time in the correct doses and for the exact duration as advised by the doctor. It should not be used for a longer duration. If symptoms persist consult your doctor.
- DailyMed - NAPHAZOLINE HCI AND PHENIRAMINE MALEATE- naphazoline hydrochloride , pheniramine maleate solution/ drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 21 August 2021]
- naphazoline-pheniramine ophthalmic (eye): Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 21 August 2021]
- Zinc - FDA prescribing information, side effects and uses [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2021 [cited 21 August 2021]
- Boric acid ophthalmic Uses, Side Effects & Warnings - Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2021 [cited 21 August 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed