Etova Mr 400mg/4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
2 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Etova Mr Tablet is a combination of two different agents named Etodolac which is a painkiller and Thiocolchicoside which is a muscle relaxant. This medicine can be used to reduce swelling, stiffness, and pain related to arthritis of joints. This medicine can cause side effects like stomach ulcer, bleeding from the stomach, feeling sick, vomiting, loose motion, and pain in the upper abdomen. This medicine should be taken orally with a glass of water after meals as per your doctor’s advice. This medicine should not be used during pregnancy, breastfeeding, and in children without prior consultation with your doctor. Always consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you have liver disease, kidney disease, heart problems, breathing difficulty, swellings of legs, high blood pressure, disease related to digestion, previous fit attacks, high level of sugar in the blood, high cholesterol level in the blood, history of smoking, stomach ulcer, and stomach bleeding.
Uses of Etova Mr 400mg/4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
This medicine can be used for the treatment of arthritis of joints and muscle spasm.
Contraindications of Etova Mr 400mg/4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to any of the components of this medicine.
- If you have any history of difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, running nose after using a similar kind of pain killer in the past.
- If you have a history of bleeding from the stomach, active ulcer in the stomach, severe heart disease, liver failure, and kidney failure.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Etova Mr 400mg/4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Etova Mr 400mg/4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Etova Mr Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information available for use of this medicine during pregnancy, so always consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or likely to be pregnant.
Can I take Etova Mr Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information for use of this medicine while breastfeeding so always consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you are breastfeeding your child.
Can I drive after taking Etova Mr Tablet?
This medicine can cause dizziness and sleepiness as side effects so it is advisable to not drive or operate machinery after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Etova Mr Tablet?
Alcohol can aggravate the side effects of this medicine like liver dysfunction, so it is better to avoid alcohol with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver disease or kidney disease
- You have heart problems
- You experience breathing difficulty
- You notice swelling of the legs
- You have high blood pressure
- You have a disease related to digestion
- You experience fit attacks or have a history of fits
- You have high level of sugar and cholesterol in blood
- You have a history of smoking
- You have stomach ulcers and stomach bleeding.
- You are pregnant or a lactating mother.
Mode of Action of Etova Mr 400mg/4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
This medicine contains two different agents named Etodolac belonging to the class of painkiller and the other agent is Thiocolchicoside, which belongs to the muscle relaxant group of medicine. Etodolac helps in inhibiting pain by blocking the synthesis of pain-producing substances and Thiocolchicoside relaxes the muscle and helps in relieving muscle spasm.
Directions for Use of Etova Mr 400mg/4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Use this medicine in the dose and for the duration as directed by your doctor.
- This medicine should be taken orally with a glass of water after meals as per your doctor’s advice.
- Swallow the medicine without crushing or chewing it.
Interactions of Etova Mr 400mg/4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of steroidal medication with this medicine can increase the risk of ulcers.
- The effect of blood thinners such as Warfarin can be increased when used together with this medicine.
- The effect of water pills, blood pressure-lowering medicines is reduced when used together with Etova Mr Tablet
- The risk of toxic reactions of medicines such as Methotrexate, tacrolimus, ciclosporin increases when used with this medicine.
- Use of other medicines similar to Etova Mr Tablet together can increase the risk of side effects. Hence it should be avoided.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking. That includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder.read less
Storage and disposal of Etova Mr 400mg/4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Do not store above 30°C.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
- Do not take this medicine if you see any changes or any signs of deterioration.
Dosage of Etova Mr 400mg/4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Always take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Overdose of this medicine can cause headache, feeling sick, pain in the abdomen, blood in vomiting, dizziness, sleepiness, ringing sounds in ear, fit attacks, and unconsciousness. If you notice any of the above symptoms after consuming an overdose of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately and report to a nearby emergency room of any hospital for proper management.
Missed a Dose
In case you forget to take a dose then take it as soon as you remember it but do not take double the dose to make up for missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is this medicine a steroid?
A: No, this medicine is a combination of a painkiller medicine and muscle relaxant medicine.
Q: I am using this medicine for 5 days, but now I feel better so can I stop it?
A: It is advisable not to stop taking this medicine without your doctor’s advice.
Last Updated on: 06 Apr 2021 | 10:47 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved