Esogress D 40mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
By LA RENON HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Esogress D 40 mg capsule is an anti-reflux medicine and is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), which does not respond to esomeprazole medication alone. GERD is a condition in which acid from the stomach comes back up to the food pipe and causes heartburn, belching, nausea and chest pain. Esogress D 40 mg capsule is a combination medicine containing esomeprazole and domperidone. It works by decreasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach and improves mortality in the gut. Thus, it reduces the backflow of stomach content to the food pipe. This medicine is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years old. Take the Esogress D 40 mg capsule as per the prescribed duration. It should preferably be taken at least an hour before the meal. Headache, dizziness, nausea, diarrhoea, stomach pain, weakness, skin rash, dry mouth are some side effects that you may experience after taking the Esogress D 40 mg capsule. Most of these are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately....
|You Save||₹23.22 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Domperidone(30.0 Mg),Esomeprazole(40.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, stomach pain|
|Classification||ANTACID AND ANTI-EMETIC|
Check more medicines with composition as Domperidone(30.0 Mg) + Esomeprazole(40.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Esogress D 40mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Uses of Esogress D 40mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Esogress D 40 mg capsule is used in adult patients to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) in which there is a reflux of acid from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort, and acidity. It is particularly useful when GERD is not responding to esomeprazole medicine alone....
Contraindications of Esogress D 40mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you are allergic to esomeprazole or domperidone or any other ingredients of Esogress D 40 mg capsule.
- If you have a blockage or tear in the intestines.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder.
- If you are suffering from bleeding in the digestive system.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you have severe heart problems such as congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte imbalance.
- If you are taking any medicine which might affect the contraction of the heart muscle (QT prolongation).
- If you are taking medicines such as Nelfinavir (used in HIV infection), Clarithromycin (antibiotic), Ketoconazole (antifungal) or Verapamil (used in high blood pressure and chest pain).
Side effects of Esogress D 40mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Stomach pain
- Flatulence (gas)
Precautions and Warnings of Esogress D 40mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Can I take Esogress D 40 mg capsule during pregnancy?
Since there is limited information about the safety of the Esogress D 40 mg capsule in human pregnancy, you should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby before using this medicine.
Can I take Esogress D 40 mg capsule while breastfeeding?
Components of the Esogress D 40 mg capsule pass into the breastmilk in small amounts, thus consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding. After assessing the benefits over the risks, your doctor might change the medicine, ask you to stop breastfeeding, or closely monitor the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Esogress D 40 mg capsule?
Esogress D 40 mg capsule may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, or even blur your vision for a temporary basis. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Esogress D 40 mg capsule?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Esogress D 40 mg capsule as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any liver and kidney-related diseases.
- You have a specific blood test (Chromogranin A).
- You experience black stools or have stomach tumour.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- You develop skin lesions, especially in the sun-exposed area after taking this medicine.
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV or apomorphine (used to treat muscle stiffness).
- You have heart problems and associated symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, and unconsciousness.
- You experience stomach pain or indigestion, unexplained weight loss, have problems while swallowing, vomit out food or blood after taking this medicine.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12.
- You are on these capsules for long-term treatment (more than three months), your blood magnesium levels may decrease. Hence, your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Esogress D 40 mg capsule is not recommended for patients below the age of 18 years.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- Esogress D 40 mg capsule may lead to a slightly increased risk of bacterial infections due to Salmonella and Campylobacter.
Mode of Action of Esogress D 40mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the flow of stomach acids.
- Esomeprazole works by binding to this proton pump in stomach cells and blocks the acid secretion.
- Domperidone acts by increasing the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Esogress D 40mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Esogress D 40 mg capsule should be taken at least 1 hour before meals. These capsules should be swallowed whole with water. These capsules should not be opened, chewed, or crushed. You should take this medicine regularly at a fixed time and as directed by your doctor. Do not consume it more than the prescribed dose....
Interactions of Esogress D 40mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Esogress D 40 mg capsule works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Esogress D 40 mg capsule should not be taken concomitantly along with medicines such as Nelfinavir (used to treat HIV infection), Amiodarone (used to treat muscle stiffness), Clarithromycin (antibiotic), Ketoconazole (antifungal) or Verapamil (used in high blood pressure, chest pain)....
- This capsule should also not be taken along with medicines used to treat heart problems (Quinidine, Sotalol), psychiatric illness (Haloperidol, Citalopram), antifungals (Pentamidine), antimalarials (Halofantrine, Lumefantrine), medicines used to treat allergies (Mizolastine), medicines to treat in cancer (Toremifene, Vandetanib), gastric emptying medicines (Cisapride) and other medicines like Diphemanil and Methadone....
- Concomitant use of this capsule with medicines used to treat psychiatric illness (Diazepam), used to treat fits (Phenytoin) is not recommended as it may increase the side effects of the medicines.
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like Digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine.
- If you are taking Warfarin (blood-thinner) along with this medicine, caution is needed as there are chances of increased bleeding.
- Other medicines like Rifampicin, Methotrexate, Tacrolimus, Voriconazole, Cilostazol, Clopidogrel, Azithromycin, St John's wort, etc. should be used cautiously along with Esogress D 40 mg capsule.
Interactions with food items
Esogress D 40 mg capsule should preferably be taken on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before meals.
Storage and disposal of Esogress D 40mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Store Esogress D 40 mg capsule below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture, and heat. Keep this medicine away from children and pets. Discard expired medicines or any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Esogress D 40mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
The symptoms of overdose include nausea, vomiting, indigestion, diarrhoea, constipation, weakness, confusion, agitation, anxiety, fits, altered consciousness, sleepiness, etc. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of Esogress D 40 mg capsule, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one. Skipping doses or not finishing the full course of therapy may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Esogress D 40 mg capsule?
A: Esogress D 40 mg capsule is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) in adults when GERD does not respond to esomeprazole medicine alone. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort, and acidity.
Q: Can Esogress D 40 mg capsule be taken after food?
A: It should not be taken after food as food interacts with the absorption of this medicine. Hence, Esogress D 40 mg capsule should preferably be taken at least 1 hour before food.
Q: How much time does it take for Esogress D 40 mg capsule to act?
A: It takes approximately 1 hour after taking a dose for Esogress D 40 mg capsule to act.
Q: Can we take Esogress D 40 mg capsule along with Itraconazole?
A: You should avoid taking Esogress D 40 mg capsule with Itraconazole as it reduces the absorption of Itraconazole, reducing its effect. You should consult your doctor before taking Itraconazole when on treatment with this medicine.
Q: What are the side effects of Esogress D?
A: Headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, flatulence are a few common side effects that an individual might experience. However, these symptoms are short-lived and resolve with time.
Q: What is the composition of Esogress D 40?
A: Esogress D 40 composition includes esomeprazole and domperidone.
- ESOMAC-D Capsules (Esomeprazole magnesium + Domperidone) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
- CDSCO - Esomeprazole + Domperidone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
- LactMed - Esomeprazole [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
- Esomeprazole 40 mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
- Motilium Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
- Esomeprazole 40 mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
- Motilium Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.