Esiflo 250mcg Packet Of 120md Transhaler
120md Transhaler in Packet
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Esiflo 250mcg Packet Of 120md Transhaler Description
Esiflo Transhaler should be used as explained by your doctor for the treatment of breathing difficulty in conditions like asthma and other chest conditions where there is difficulty in breathing due
to narrowing of airways due to long term inflammation of airways and lining of lungs (COPD). It contains a combination of fluticasone and salmeterol as its active ingredients. This is a reliever inhaler which means it is to be used when you experience difficulty in breathing. Complete the treatment of asthma includes some other medicines along with this inhaler.
|You Save||₹118.58 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Salmeterol(25.0 Mcg) + Fluticasone(250.0 Mcg)|
|Side effects||Muscle cramps, increased heart rate, joint pain, headache|
Check more medicines with composition as Salmeterol(25.0 Mcg) + Fluticasone(250.0 Mcg)
Uses of Esiflo 250mcg Packet Of 120md Transhaler
Esiflo Transhaler is used in patients with asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) to relieve symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, breathing difficulty, chest tightness.
Contraindications of Esiflo 250mcg Packet Of 120md Transhaler
- If you are allergic to fluticasone, salmeterol or any of the other ingredients of Esiflo Transhaler.
- If you have an allergy to milk (lactose intolerance).
Side effects of Esiflo 250mcg Packet Of 120md Transhaler
- Yellowish white coatings or patches on tongue, mouth or throat (thrush)
- Hoarseness of voice
- Infections of sinus, respiratory infections
- Muscle cramps
- Increased heart rate
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Esiflo 250mcg Packet Of 120md Transhaler
Can I use Esiflo Transhaler during pregnancy?
You should not use this medicine during pregnancy unless and until it has been prescribed by your doctor.
Can I use Esiflo Transhaler while breastfeeding?
You must avoid the use of Esiflo Transhaler if you breastfeed your baby. Use this medicine only when it is clearly prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have used Esiflo Transhaler?
Esiflo Transhaler does not influence your ability to drive. You can drive if you feel comfortable.
Can I consume alcohol with Esiflo Transhaler?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this medicine. However, if you consume alcohol too often discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are diabetic.
- You have a thyroid disorder.
- You are suffering from fungal, bacterial or viral infections.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure or heart disease.
- You have low levels of potassium in the blood.
- You are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
- You are taking any other steroid medicine orally or injectable.
- You notice worsening of symptoms after using this inhaler.
Mode of Action of Esiflo 250mcg Packet Of 120md Transhaler
How Does It Work?
Esiflo Transhaler contains a steroid medicine fluticasone which reduces the swelling and irritation of airways while salmeterol helps in the widening of the air passage. Together both these medicines make breathing easy and offer relief in the symptoms of shortness of breath, difficulty in breathing, wheezing, etc. in patients with asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)....
Directions for Use of Esiflo 250mcg Packet Of 120md Transhaler
- Learn the proper technique of using Esiflo Transhaler from your doctor or pharmacist, if possible use it in front of them for the first time so that they may check.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Rinse your mouth with water after each use, but do not swallow the water, this will help to prevent infection in the mouth and throat.
Interactions of Esiflo 250mcg Packet Of 120md Transhaler
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of some blood pressure-lowering medicines (propranolol, atenolol, water pills) along with Esiflo Transhaler should be done with caution.
- Medicines to treat fungal and bacterial infections (ketoconazole, itraconazole, erythromycin) and antiviral medicines (ritonavir, cobicistat-containing products) may worsen the side effects if given along with Esiflo Transhaler....
- If steroid tablets or injections are going on, use of Esiflo Transhaler should be done judiciously as it may add up to side effects.
- Tell your doctor about all ongoing medicines and herbal supplements before you start this treatment.
Storage and disposal of Esiflo 250mcg Packet Of 120md Transhaler
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Esiflo 250mcg Packet Of 120md Transhaler
If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately as you may face some serious complications.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Esiflo Transhaler addictive?
A: Esiflo Transhaler is not at all addictive. It is a very effective and useful medicine for people suffering from breathing difficulties due to asthma and COPD.
Q: Does Esiflo Transhaler contain steroids?
A: Yes, Esiflo Transhaler contains a steroid medicine that is very effective in improving the symptoms of breathing difficulties due to asthma. Inhaled steroids have comparatively lesser side effects than steroid tablets or injections.
Q: What precautions should I take while using Esiflo Transhaler?
- Make sure you always keep Esiflo Transhaler with you.
- Get a new inhaler well in advance.
- Make sure you are using it in the correct way.
- If you observe any worsening of symptoms or side effects, inform your doctor about it.
- Rinse your mouth, after 15 minutes of using the inhaler every time.
- Maintain good oral hygiene.
Q: Can I stop using Esiflo Transhaler when my symptoms are relieved?
A: No, do not stop using Esiflo Transhaler on your own. If you stop using this medicine on your own the symptoms may come back and may create complications. always use this medicine as prescribed by your doctor and for the time it has prescribed.
- SERETIDE [Internet]. Au.gsk.com. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- Seretide 250 Evohaler - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- Seretide 250 Evohaler - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed