By DWD PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
30g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Escot Cream contains medicines known as Lidocaine and Nifedipine. This medicine is used in the treatment of anal fissure, anal sphincter spasm, painful haemorrhoids. A combination of this medicine helps in better healing of the anal fissure. Do not take this medicine if you have a history of allergy or any heart problems. this medicine is to be applied to the anal region according to the doctor's advice. It takes time for an anal fissure to heal so do not stop using this medicine by yourself. Inform your doctor if you develop any abnormal symptoms during the course of the treatment.
Uses of Escot Cream
- This medicine is used in the treatment of anal fissures. An anal fissure is a tear in a thin and moist lining (mucosa) of the anal canal. It is associated with tension and spasms in the anal sphincter (muscle surrounding the anal canal). This muscle contraction can reduce blood flow to the anus and prevent the fissure from healing. It occurs mostly due when you pass hard or large stools. It produces pain and bleeding with bowel movements. It is also useful in the treatment of anal sphincter spasm (painful contraction of anal sphincter), painful haemorrhoids and pelvic floor spasm.read less
Contraindications of Escot Cream
If you have a history of allergy (skin redness, itching, swelling of face, lips and eyes, difficulty in breathing and swallowing) to any of the content of the medicine. If you have severe anaemia, low blood pressure or dehydration. If you have any problems related to heart like chronic heart failure, cardiomyopathy, recent heart attack. If you have increased pressure in the brain, or exposure to nitrates while on the job. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Escot Cream
- Flushing (red) face
- Swelling in arms and legs
- Dizziness, light-headedness, giddiness
- Headache, nervousness
- Nausea, vomiting
Precautions and Warnings of Escot Cream
Can I use Escot Cream during pregnancy?
It is advisable to consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby. After careful examination, he may advise minimum quantity for a minimum duration.
Can I use Escot Cream while breastfeeding?
Safety in breastfeeding mother is not completely established, so consult your doctor before using it.
Can I drive if I have used Escot Cream?
This medicine may produce drowsiness, dizziness, light-headedness, or blurred vision. So do not get involved in an activity that requires attention like driving or using heavy machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Escot Cream?
No. This medicine may produce drowsiness if you take it with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are elder, as elder population may be more prone to dizziness and falling.
- To minimize dizziness and light-headedness, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- You are addicted to alcohol.
- Rush to a nearby hospital if you develop any of the following:
- Severe dizziness, fainting, pounding heartbeats, paleness, sweating
- Blurred vision, dry mouth, dark urine, bluish lips/skin/nails, unusual tiredness, severe
- Irregular heartbeat, seizures, or chest pain
- Serious allergic reactions
Mode of Action of Escot Cream
How Does It Work?
Contraction of the anal sphincter and muscle spasm around the fissure prevents the healing process of anal fissure. This muscle contraction is dependent on calcium. Nifedipine is a calcium channel blocker and thus it relaxes the muscles around the anal canal and helps in the healing of the anal fissure. Lidocaine is an anaesthetic medicine. it works by blocking the pain signals reaching higher centres in the body. Thus, helps in relieving the pain associated with the spasm of the anal sphincter. A combination of this medicine helps in better healing of the anal fissure.
Directions for Use of Escot Cream
- Wash your hands thoroughly. Wear gloves while using Escot Cream to reduce the possibility of side effects.
- Lie down on your left side in a comfortable position with your left leg flat and your right leg bent with your knee in the air.
- Try to relax, don’t get stressed or anxious.
- Place a pinhead-sized quantity on your finger.
- Spread the ointment around the anus and just inside the rectum.
- Remove gloves and wash hands.
- Follow the doctor's advice.
- Use this medicine for the duration your doctor has advised.
- Do not stop using medicine by yourself.
- It may take several weeks to heal the fissure, so your doctor may advise frequent follow-ups to check the clinical condition.
- Your doctor may advise adding fibre in your diet and may ask you to increases water intake, take relaxing baths or sitz baths.
Interactions of Escot Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions like:read less
- Medicines for cough and cold, diet aids, or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines (NSAIDs) because they may contain ingredients that could increase your blood pressure, cause a fast heartbeat, or increase chest pain (they contain medicines like Pseudoephedrine, Phenylephrine, Chlorpheniramine, Diphenhydramine, Clemastine, Ibuprofen, and Naproxen).read less
- Alteplase (used to dissolve blood clot),
- Medicines for Migraine like Ergotamine.
- Water pills/diuretics such as Furosemide or Hydrochlorothiazide, or other drugs for high blood pressure like beta-blockers, calcium channel blockers, ACE inhibitors.
Storage and disposal of Escot Cream
- The cream should be stored below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use it after the expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Escot Cream
- As this medicine is meant for external application cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of it wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.read less
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying this medicine, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over apply this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What Is the use of Escot Cream?
A: This medicine is used in the treatment of anal fissure, anal sphincter spasm, painful haemorrhoids and pelvic floor spasm.
Q: How does Escot Cream work?
- Escot Cream contains medicines known as Lidocaine and Nifedipine. Nifedipine is a calcium channel blocker and thus it relaxes the muscles around the anal canal and helps in the healing of the anal fissure. Lidocaine is an anaesthetic medicine, it works by blocking the pain signals reaching higher centres in the body. Thus, helps in relieving the pain associated with the spasm of the anal sphincter. A combination of this medicine helps in better healing of anal fissure.read less
Q: Can I take other medicine with Escot Cream?
A: Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions like cough cold medicines, medicines for migraine, medicine for high blood pressure and medicine to dissolve a blood clot.
Q: How to use Escot Cream?
A: Wash your hands. Wear gloves while using Escot Cream. Lie down on your left side in a comfortable position with your left leg flat and your right leg bent with your knee in the air. Place a pinhead-sized quantity on your finger. Spread the ointment around the anus and just inside the rectum. Remove gloves and wash hands. Follow the doctor's advice.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 14 Apr 2021 | 10:07 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved