Erythrocin 100mg Drops
By PFIZER LTD
10ml Oral Drop in Bottle
Price to be Updated
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Erythrocin 100mg Drops contains azithromycin. It is a higher antibiotic.
Uses of Erythrocin 100mg Drops
- For bacterial infection of ears, lungs, throat, wind pipe, nasal passage and tonsils
- Genital infections and Sexually transmitted diseases like Chlamydia & Neisseria infections
- Pneumonia or lung infection due to coming in contact with infected person (CAP)
- Skin and soft tissue infections
Contraindications of Erythrocin 100mg Drops
If you have any allergic reaction to it or any other antibiotic from same class like erythromycin.
Side effects of Erythrocin 100mg Drops
- Dizziness, headache, pricking sensation, joint pain, tiredness
- Impaired sense of taste and vision, deafness
- Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, flatulence, indigestion
- Skin rashes, an urge to scratch, eating disorder or fear of getting weight
Precautions and Warnings of Erythrocin 100mg Drops
Can I take Erythrocin 100mg Drops during pregnancy?
It is recommended not to use this medicine if you are pregnant unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Erythrocin 100mg Drops while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes in breast milk in small quantities. Breast feeding is not advised when you are on this medicine. If it is really required to be taken by a breastfeeding women watch out for symptoms of rashes, diarrhoea and sleepiness in your breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Erythrocin 100mg Drops?
If you observe or experience any side effect like dizziness, fits you should not drive or use machines. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Can I consume alcohol with Erythrocin 100mg Drops?
You should not consume alcohol along with this medicine as it can exaggarate the side effects of antibiotics like stomach upset, dizziness and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking this medicine
- You have kidney or liver problems
- You have muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis)
- You have any neurological or psychiatric or mental problems
- Low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood
- You have any allergic reactions like swollen throat, face, rash, fever, breathing difficulty, any other infection
- You are suffering from diabetes
Mode of Action of Erythrocin 100mg Drops
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by inhibiting the growth and killing of bacteria responsible for causing infection.
Directions for Use of Erythrocin 100mg Drops
- Take it as instructed by your doctor, it can be taken with or without food.
- Shake well before use.
- Complete the course of antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Erythrocin 100mg Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to reduce stomach acid called antacids should be take with minum gap of one hour with this medicine.
- Medicines used for migraine headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly.
- Other medicines such as medicine used during heart failure like digoxin, medicine used to treat gout like colchicine, immune system modifying medicine like cyclosporin, medicines used to stop blood clotting should be used cautiously.Read less
Storage and disposal of Erythrocin 100mg Drops
- It should be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight or heat
- Keep out reach of children.
- Do not take this medicine after expiry date which is mentioned on the medicine.
Dosage of Erythrocin 100mg Drops
Symptoms of overdose may be diarrhoea, loss of hearing, feeling sick. Immediately inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You Sould never miss your dose of antibiotic medicne and complete the entire course for effective treatment. If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Erythrocin 100mg Drops if I feel better?
A: No, it may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Always inform your doctor if you want to stop treatment.
Q: I am allergic to clarithromycin, can I take azithromycin?
A: No, you should not take this medicine if you have allergy to clarithromycin. You should also never take other medicines from the same class of antibiotics (macrolides) eg Clarithromucin, Erythromycin, Roxithromycin, Azithromycin and Fidaxomicin.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved