Eritel Ln 40 Mg Tablets 15'S
Eritel Ln 40 Mg Tablets 15'S Description
Eritel Ln 40 Mg Tab 15'S is an anti-hypertensive medicine is used to treat high blood pressure. It contains a combination of cilnidipine and telmisartan as its active ingredients. Do not use this med
cine if you are allergic to it, pregnant or have any liver, kidney or heart problems. Take this medicine in the correct doses and for the exact duration prescribed by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Eritel Ln 40 Mg Tablets 15'S
Contraindications of Eritel Ln 40 Mg Tablets 15'S
- As this medicine contains cilnidipine and telmisartan, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination.
- If you are allergic to Cilnidipine or Telmisartan or any of the ingredient of Eritel Ln 40 Mg Tab 15'S.
- If you are pregnant (3rd trimester).
- If you have any kind of liver, kidney or heart problems.
- If you have a blockage in your gallbladder and small intestine.
Side effects of Eritel Ln 40 Mg Tablets 15'S
- Headache, dizziness
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea
- Fever, vomiting
- Tiredness, sleepiness
- Skin rash
- Flushing (redness)
- Frequent urination
- Muscle weakness
- Fast or irregular heartbeats
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Eritel Ln 40 Mg Tablets 15'S
Other General Warnings
- You have any kind of heart problem like heart failure, chest pain.
- You have a liver or kidney problem.
- You are suffering from low blood pressure.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You have raised aldosterone levels.
- You may experience an increase in the potassium level or sugar level in your blood.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years.
Mode of Action of Eritel Ln 40 Mg Tablets 15'S
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Eritel Ln 40 Mg Tablets 15'S
Interactions of Eritel Ln 40 Mg Tablets 15'S
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, any interactions seen with these two components, when taken alone may occur with this combination too....
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with other blood pressure medicines like aliskiren, anti-cancer medicine like aldesleukin, medicines like aspirin, prednisone and betamethasone may alter the effects of this medicine....
- Few medicines can cause a sudden drop in blood pressure like lithium and thus should be used with caution.
- Other medicines are quinine, digoxin, carbamazepine, rifampicin, cimetidine, erythromycin, baclofen, amifostine and water pills like amiloride, spironolactone should be used cautiously.
- You should always inform the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction with Eritel Ln 40 Mg Tab 15'S.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Eritel Ln 40 Mg Tablets 15'S
Dosage of Eritel Ln 40 Mg Tablets 15'S
- Symptoms of an overdose include dizziness, increased heart rate, low blood pressure, renal failure, loss of consciousness and increased levels of potassium in the blood.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of this medicine may lead to high blood pressure and other heart-related complications.
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take while on Eritel Ln 40 Mg Tab 15'S?
- Avoid alcohol, as it may lower your blood pressure further and worsen the side effects.
- Avoid getting up from sitting or sleeping position too fast, as there are chances that you may lose balance and fall.
- Do not consume any salt substitutes or potassium supplements unless it is advised by your doctor.
Q: How do I take Eritel Ln 40 Mg Tab 15'S?
- Cilnidipine | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Go.drugbank.com. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- Cilnidipine: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | CIMS India [Internet]. Mims.com. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- Telmisartan 20mg Glenmark Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]