Eltroxin 25mcg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
By GLAXOSMITHKLINE PHARMA
120 Tablet(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Eltroxin 25 MCG Description
Eltroxin 25mcg tablet is used to control hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland stops producing sufficient thyroid hormones. Eltroxin 25mcg tablet contains levothyroxin
e as the active component. Levothyroxine is a synthetic form of the thyroid hormone thyroxine produced naturally by the thyroid gland. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended by your doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before taking Eltroxin 25mcg tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, breastfeeding and about your complete medical history.
|You Save||₹26.01 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Headache, diarrhoea, vomiting, rashes|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR HYPOTHYROIDISM|
Check more medicines with composition as Thyroxine(25.0 Mcg)
3 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Eltroxin 25mcg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
- Thyroxinol 25mcg Bottle Of 120 TabletsBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd120 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 141.00₹ 119.8518.7% CHEAPER₹ 1/Tablet
- Thyronorm 25mcg Bottle Of 120 TabletsBy Abbott India Ltd120 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 173.37₹ 147.36₹ 1.23/Tablet
- Thyrox 25mcg Bottle Of 120 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals120 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 173.37₹ 173.37₹ 1.44/Tablet
Uses of Eltroxin 25 MCG
Eltroxin 25mcg tablet is used to control hypothyroidism (reduced levels of thyroid hormone).
Contraindications of Eltroxin 25 MCG
- If you are allergic to levothyroxine or any other ingredient of Eltroxin 25mcg tablet.
- If you have any disorders that are related to the adrenal glands.
- If you have an overactive thyroid gland that produces too much thyroid hormone (thyrotoxicosis).
Side effects of Eltroxin 25 MCG
Precautions and Warnings of Eltroxin 25 MCG
Can I take Eltroxin 25mcg tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the effect of Eltroxin 25mcg tablet in pregnancy. This medicine should only be used in pregnant women if recommended by the doctor after assessing the need and the risk.
Can I take Eltroxin 25mcg tablet while breastfeeding?
Eltroxin 25mcg tablet may pass into human breast milk. This medicine should only be taken by breastfeeding women if recommended by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Eltroxin 25mcg tablet?
Eltroxin 25mcg tablet has almost no effect on driving ability. However, if you experience any effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Eltroxin 25mcg tablet?
There is limited information on the interaction of alcohol with Eltroxin 25mcg tablet. Ask your doctor for advice on the use of alcohol with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are an elderly patient (more than 50 years of age).
- You have a hormone-related disorder called panhypopituitarism.
- You have heart-related disorders such as high blood pressure, angina, heart failure, irregular heart rhythm, etc.
- You are taking medicines for the management of diabetes.
- You experience fits/seizures.
Mode of Action of Eltroxin 25 MCG
How Does It Work?
The thyroid hormone called thyroxine is produced naturally by the thyroid gland. Hypothyroidism occurs when the thyroid gland is not able to produce the thyroid hormone. Eltroxin 25mcg tablet replaces thyroxine and helps to prevent and control the symptoms of hypothyroidism....
Directions for Use of Eltroxin 25 MCG
- Take Eltroxin 25mcg tablet exactly as recommended by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Eltroxin 25 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Eltroxin 25mcg tablet works or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about any other medicines, herbals or supplements that you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- In particular, if you are taking certain medications like antipsychotic medicines, anti-epileptic medicines like phenytoin oral contraceptives, etc.
- Dose adjustment of anti-diabetic medicines, blood thinners and medicines used for treating heart failure is required on the simultaneous use of Eltroxin 25mcg tablet. Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines from this class....
- Antacids, anti-ulcer medicines, iron preparations and other preparations used to reduce cholesterol levels such as cholestyramine should be used with a minimum gap of 4 - 5 hours with Eltroxin 25mcg tablet....
Storage and disposal of Eltroxin 25 MCG
- Store Eltroxin 25mcg tablet in a cool and dry place below 25°C.
- Keep away from children and pets.
Dosage of Eltroxin 25 MCG
- The symptoms of an overdose of Eltroxin 25mcg tablet include fever, chest pain, headache, muscle cramps, anxiety, sweating, diarrhoea, sleeplessness, etc.
- If you think you have consumed too much of this medicine, contact your doctor as soon as possible or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking any dose of Eltroxin 25mcg tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule.
- Do not consume a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Eltroxin 25mcg to lose weight?
A: No, Eltroxin 25mcg tablet is not a weight loss medication. It is used to control and manage hypothyroidism. This medicine should be used only if it is prescribed by a physician for thyroid-related disorders. Do not self-medicate or use it for any other ailments other than what it is prescribed for.
Q: When should I take Eltroxin 25mcg?
A: Eltroxin 25mcg tablet should be taken exactly as recommended by your doctor. However, it can be preferably taken before breakfast or the first meal of the day. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Q: Can I stop Eltroxin 25mcg?
A: No, you should never stop taking Eltroxin 25mcg tablet on your own, even if you start feeling better without consulting a doctor. You must take it for as long as the doctor recommends. Stopping this medicine suddenly may make your symptoms come back.
Q: What is Eltroxin 25mcg used for?
A: Eltroxin 25mcg tablet is used to control and manage hypothyroidism (reduced levels of thyroid hormone).
- Eltroxin 25mcg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 29 September 2022]
- Eltroxin 25mcg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 29 September 2022]
- LEVO-T [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 29 September 2022]
- Levothyroxine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 29 September 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 29 September 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- ELTROXIN 100MCG BOTTLE OF 120 TABLETS
- ELTROXIN 50MCG BOTTLE OF 120 TABLETS
- ELTROXIN 75MCG BOTTLE OF 120 TABLETS
- ELTROXIN 125 MCG BOTTLE OF 60 TABLETS
- ELTROXIN 88MCG TABLET
- ELTROXIN 100MCG BOTTLE OF 100 TABLETS
- ELTROXIN 12.5MCG BOTTLE OF 60 TABLETS
- ELTROXIN 50MCG BOTTLE OF 100 TABLETS
- ELTROXIN 75MCG BOTTLE OF 60 TABLETS
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed