Elmox 125 Mg Tablet 10
By ELDER PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Elmox Tablet is an antibiotic medicine for children. It is used to treat various bacterial infections such as infection of the lungs, airways, tonsils and throat, skin and urinary tract infections. It
contains amoxicillin as an active ingredient. It works by stopping the growth and multiplication of bacteria. Before giving this medicine to your children inform your doctor if your child is allergic to antibiotics or has experienced any allergic reactions after taking antibiotics. Give this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to your child. Do not give this medicine to your child for a viral infection such as cold and flu. Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine for your child, not completing the course of antibiotics or missing any dose of antibiotics can fail the therapy....
Uses of Elmox 125 Mg Tablet 10
Elmox Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of the airway, lungs, skin, tonsils, throat and urinary tract.
Contraindications of Elmox 125 Mg Tablet 10
- If your child is allergic to amoxicillin or any other components of this Elmox Tablet.
- If your child has a history of any allergic reactions to penicillins or cephalosporins. If you are not sure which are these medicines ask your doctor.
Side effects of Elmox 125 Mg Tablet 10
- Skin rash
- Skin itching
Precautions and Warnings of Elmox 125 Mg Tablet 10
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child experiences any allergic symptoms after taking this medicine.
- Your child has kidney disease as dose adjustments are required. Individuals with kidney problems may experience fits or seizures.
- Your child has difficulty in passing urine or are unable to urinate.
- Your child has a glandular fever, you may experience symptoms like fever, extreme tiredness, sore throat and swollen glands.
- Your child is suffering from watery or bloody diarrhoea, fever, even if this occurs days after stopping this medicine, immediately consult a doctor.
Mode of Action of Elmox 125 Mg Tablet 10
How Does It Work?
Elmox Tablet works by blocking the action of an enzyme responsible for cell wall formation in bacteria, thereby stopping the growth and multiplication of bacteria responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Elmox 125 Mg Tablet 10
- Elmox Tablet should be given to a child as directed by the doctor under an adult's supervision.
Interactions of Elmox 125 Mg Tablet 10
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Elmox Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if your child is taking other anti-infective medicines, it may also interfere with certain clinical tests.
Storage and disposal of Elmox 125 Mg Tablet 10
- Store it below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Elmox 125 Mg Tablet 10
The symptoms of an overdose of the Elmox Tablet includes nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You should never miss giving a dose of antibiotics to your children as it may lead to treatment failure and relapse of the infection. If you have missed any dose of the Elmox Tablet, then give this to
your child as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with a regular dosing schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with the healthcare expert before starting the Elmox Tablet?
A: Inform the doctor about your child's detailed medical & surgical history. Inform your doctor if your child has liver or kidney disease.
Q: What is the use of the Elmox Tablet?
A: Elmox Tablet is used to treat a wide range of bacterial infections such as infection of ear, nose or sinuses, infection of the urinary system (such as bladder and kidney), chest, lungs and throat.
Q: Can I give the Elmox Tablet to my child for stomach infection?
A: No, Elmox Tablet should only be used for the condition it is prescribed for. Do not give any medicine to your child without consulting a child's specialist.
Q: Can I stop giving the Elmox Tablet to my child if he/she feels better?
A: Do not stop giving the Elmox Tablet without completing the full course. Though your child may be feeling better after a few doses, it is essential to finish the course. Stopping the medication and not completing a course of any antibiotic can lead to relapse or return of the infection.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 25 Aug 2021 | 08:19 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved