Egcold Suspension 60ml
By EG LIFECARE SERVICES PVT LTD
60ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Egcold Suspension 60ml Description
Egcold Suspension is a combination medicine. It is used for the treatment of common cold and cough associated with fever. It helps in relieving fever, cough, nasal congestion and allergic symptoms of
nose and throat and airways. It contains chlorpheniramine, paracetamol and phenylephrine. Paracetamol is an antipyretic and analgesic, Chlorpheniramine is an anti-allergic and Phenylephrine is a decongestant. Take this medicne as presribed by your doctor.
|Contains||Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg) + Phenylephrine(5.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(250.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Cough, cold, fever|
|Side effects||Rapid heartbeat, headache, palpitations, dizziness, weakness|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg) + Phenylephrine(5.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(250.0 Mg)
3 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Egcold Suspension 60ml
- Flucold Ds Suspension 60mlBy Wallace Pharmaceuticals60ml Suspension in BottleMRP 84.50₹ 71.82₹ 1.2/Millilitre
- Coldover P Orange Flavour Suspension 60mlBy Brinton Healthcare Limited60ml Suspension in BottleMRP 89.30₹ 75.90₹ 1.27/Millilitre
- Wikoryl Ds Orange Flavour Oral Suspension 60mlBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd60ml Suspension in BottleMRP 83.55₹ 71.02₹ 1.18/Millilitre
Uses of Egcold Suspension 60ml
Egcold Suspension is used to treat cough, cold along with fever.
Contraindications of Egcold Suspension 60ml
- If you are allergic to Paracetamol, Chlorpheniramine and Phenylephrine or any of the ingredients of Egcold Suspension.
- If you have high blood pressure or heart disorder, thyroid problem or difficulty in urination due to enlarged prostate.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Egcold Suspension 60ml
There are very rare chances of getting side effects with Egcold Suspension. However, you may experience rapid heartbeat, headache, palpitations, dizziness, weakness and nausea.
Precautions and Warnings of Egcold Suspension 60ml
Can I take Egcold Suspension during pregnancy?
A pregnant woman should take Egcold Suspension only if prescribed by a doctor. Your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks. Do not self medicate this syrup during cough and cold.
Can I take Egcold Suspension while breastfeeding?
Egcold Suspension should be taken while breastfeeding only under doctor's recommendation. Refrain from self-medication.
Can I drive if I have consumed Egcold Suspension?
It is advised not to drive or operate any machinery after taking this medicine. Egcold Suspension may cause sedation, thus avoid driving or using machines when you are on treatment with this syrup.
Can I consume alcohol with Egcold Suspension?
Avoid alcohol intake when taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any skin rashes & allergic symptoms after taking this syrup, discontinue and consult a doctor.
- You have a history of severe allergic reactions.
- You are taking any other medicines containing paracetamol.
- You have a kidney or liver problem.
- You are suffering from diabetes mellitus or hyperthyroidism.
- You have heart conditions such as high blood pressure or heart failure problems.
- You have epilepsy and you experience frequent fits and tremors.
- You are suffering from an eye condition of increased pressure inside your eyes called closed-angle glaucoma.
Mode of Action of Egcold Suspension 60ml
How Does It Work?
- Egcold Suspension works by the combined action of its three components- Paracetamol, Chlorpheniramine and Phenylephrine.
- Paracetamol inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins which is responsible for the pain and inflammation and also acts on heat-regulating centres and reduces body heat to control fever.
- Chlorpheniramine acts by blocking the action of histamine, a natural substance produced by the body during an allergic reaction.
- Phenylephrine is a vasoconstrictor, it shrinks or constricts the blood vessels in the nasal passage and improves congestion.
Directions for Use of Egcold Suspension 60ml
- Take Egcold Suspension as instructed by your doctor
- Shake the bottle well before use
- Do not consume this medicine directly from the bottle
- Read any special instruction on the package
Interactions of Egcold Suspension 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat brain disorders such as Rasagiline, Methyldopa & Clomipramine, medicines used to relax the airways such as Epinephrine, Reserpine and medicines used to treat heart conditions like Veratridine and Reserpine should be used cautiously....
- Other medicines containing Paracetamol or any topical decongestant containing Phenylephrine should not be used along with this medicine.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Egcold Suspension 60ml
- Store Egcold Suspension below 30⁰C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Egcold Suspension 60ml
If you think you have taken too much of Egcold Suspension and you are experiencing increased heartbeats, dizziness, nausea or palpitations, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Egcold Suspension safe for patients having high blood pressure?
A: Egcold Suspension is not recommended for patients having high blood pressure. Consult a doctor immediately.
Q: What precautions should I take when suffering from viral flu?
- Take the medications as advised by your doctor, eat healthy food and consume sufficient water.
- Maintain a safe distance from family and friends so that they don't catch the infection.
- Cover your mouth with tissue or elbow while sneezing or coughing or wear a mask.
Q: Does Egcold Suspension cause drowsiness?
A: Yes, Egcold Suspension can cause drowsiness, avoid driving or doing any work which requires concentration and attention.
Q: Can Egcold Suspension be used for running nose?
A: Yes, Egcold Suspension can be used for temporary relief from runny nose due to seasonal allergies.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed