Econex 800mg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Econex Tablet belongs to a class of medications known as 'antituberculosis agents,' principally used to treat tuberculosis (TB). This medicine can’t treat viral infections as Econex Tablet doesn’t work against it. Isoniazid and Ethambutol are both incorporated in Econex Tablet. They both work as bacteriostatic agents (that is, they inhibit germs from growing) and have a similar mechanism of action. They work by blocking the generation of mycolic acid, a bacterial enzyme required for cell wall construction (protective coating). As a result, bacteria lacking a cell wall are destroyed and burst due to a disruption in their metabolism. Weakness, malaise (general discomfort), weariness, loss of appetite, nausea or vomiting, dark urine, pale faeces, jaundice, and visual issues are all possible adverse effects of Econex Tablet. If any of these adverse effects persist or worsen, contact your doctor right once....
|You Save||₹11.98 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Isoniazid(300.0 Mg),Ethambutol(800.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Chills, Pain and swelling of joint, Loss of vision or blurred vision, Fever, Burning or tingling sensation (peripheral neuropathy), Skin rash, Abdominal pain, Confusion, Headache, Loss of appetite, Nausea and vomiting, Dark urine, Unusual tiredness or weakness, Gout, Jaundice|
Check more medicines with composition as Isoniazid(300.0 Mg) + Ethambutol(800.0 Mg)
Uses of Econex 800mg Tablet
- Tuberculosis: This medication may be used to treat active tuberculosis, a lung infection caused by the bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
Contraindications of Econex 800mg Tablet
- If you have a known allergy to isoniazid, ethambutol, or any other inactive substances in the formulation should not use this medication.
- If you have a history of the visual disorder or optic neuritis.
- If you have an acute liver illness or have a history of liver injury due to taking it.
- In children below three years of age.
Side effects of Econex 800mg Tablet
- Pain and swelling of joints
- Loss of vision or blurred vision
- Burning or tingling sensation (peripheral neuropathy)
- Skin rash
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dark urine
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
Precautions and Warnings of Econex 800mg Tablet
Can I take an Econex Tablet during pregnancy?
In pregnant women, Econex Tablet should be taken with caution. Because it can cause damage to your unborn child.
Can I take an Econex Tablet while breastfeeding?
Unless absolutely required, this medicine should not be used by breastfeeding women. Your doctor may advise you to stop nursing or stop taking medicine based on your clinical state.
Can I drive if I’ve taken the Econex Tablet?
Econex Tablet may induce negative effects that impair your driving ability. This medicine can cause vision difficulties and tingling or numbness in the hands and feet. You should not drive after taking this prescription until you know how it affects you.
Can I consume alcohol with the Econex Tablet?
Drinking alcohol while taking this prescription is not recommended because it can dramatically raise the chance of major side effects. Unusual bleeding or bruising, joint pain or swelling, fever, chills, skin rash, severe abdominal discomfort, skin or eye yellowing, and other side effects are possible.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver impairment.
- You have kidney disease.
- You have a history of eye problems.
- You have developed drug-resistant bacteria.
Mode of Action of Econex 800mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Econex Tablet is a tuberculosis treatment that combines isoniazid and ethambutol. Isoniazid works by preventing tuberculosis bacteria from building their protective layer. This eliminates the infection by killing the germs. On the other hand, Ethambutol operates by restricting the bacteria's growth. Because the bacteria that causes tuberculosis develops drug resistance quickly when monotherapy is used, even for short periods, combination therapy minimises the development of drug resistance (a decrease in medicine effectiveness). Econex Tablet aids in the reduction of symptoms and successful illness management....
Directions for Use of Econex 800mg Tablet
- Your doctor prescribes the dosage and duration of the Econex Tablet.
- Swallow the Econex tablet with a glass of water.
- Do not crush, bite or break.
- Econex should be taken on an empty stomach, 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
- If this medicine is taken with meals, its absorption may be reduced.
- Do not consume more or less than what is recommended.
- If the patient develops any unfavourable side effects, they should see a doctor. Confirm that the treatment course has been finished.
Interactions of Econex 800mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Econex Tablet may interact with the following medicines and cause severe reactions. So consult your doctor if you are on any of these medications:
- Antacid (aluminium hydroxide) -may decrease the effects of Econex Tablet
- Anti-HIV medicines (stavudine) - may increase the risk of nerve damage
- Medicine used to treat alcoholism (disulfiram) -may increase the risk of nerve damage
- Medicine used to treat Parkinson’s disease (levodopa) - may increase the risk of nerve damage
- Antifungal medicines (itraconazole and ketoconazole) -may increase the risk of nerve damage
- Halothane (general anaesthetic agent) - may increase the risk of nerve damage
Interactions with food items
- While taking Econex Tablet, avoid foods and drinks containing histamine or tyramine, such as cured meat, matured cheese, soya, seafood such as tuna, salmon, mackerel, wine, and beer. When Econex Tablet is used with these foods, it can cause dizziness, headaches, irregular heartbeat, and flushing (reddening of the skin)....
Storage and disposal of Econex 800mg Tablet
Store Econex Tablet in cold temperature, away from direct sunlight and humidity. If there are disposal commands on the package, please comply with the commands. Unless otherwise directed, don't dump or pour medicine down the toilet or into the drainage system. Please see your pharmacist or doctor for further information on safely disposing of Econex Tablet....
Dosage of Econex 800mg Tablet
Overdosing on Econex Tablets causes signs and symptoms 30 minutes to 3 hours after administration. Early symptoms include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, slurred speech, blurred vision, and visual hallucinations (vivid colours and unusual designs). Respiratory distress and CNS depression, advancing quickly from stupor to profound coma, as well as severe, intractable convulsions, are to be expected with significant overdosage. Please contact your doctor or go to the nearest medical facility in case of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
Missed dose of Econex Tablet should be taken as soon as the patient remembers about it. If it's time for the second dose after missing a dose, don't take missed doses to avoid double doses and continue with the regular schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take an Econex Tablet with food?
A: Econex Tablet should be taken on an empty stomach. For optimum absorption, take this medicine at least 30 minutes before a meal or at least 2 hours after a meal.
Q: I'm on Econex Tablets. Can it cause vision problems?
A: Yes, ethambutol in Econex Tablet can cause vision difficulties such as blurred vision and colour blindness in rare cases. If you have a vision problem, see your doctor right away.
Q: Is Econex Tablet a habit-forming medicine?
A: There were no reports of habit-forming characteristics in Econex Tablet.
- DailyMed - ISONIAZID- isoniazid tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2018 [cited 15 March 2018]. Available from:
- DailyMed - Ethambutol hydrochloride tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2017 [cited 28 April 2017]. Available from:
- [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2018 [cited 15 March 2018]. Available from:
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.