By MANEESH PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dysmen Tablet is a combination of two medicines, Dicyclomine and Mefenamic acid. It is an antispasmodic medicine used for the treatment of spasms and pain in the abdomen during or before menses. This medicine should not be used for more than 7 days. If the pain persists, consult your doctor. It preferably should be taken with food or after food. This medicine should not be given to children below 12 years of age. It is advisable to give them the paediatric formulations of this medicine.
Uses of Dysmen Tablet
Dysmen Tablet is used for relieving stomach cramps and pain during the menstrual cycle.
Contraindications of Dysmen Tablet
- If you are allergic to Mefenamic acid, Dicyclomine or any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have inflammatory bowel disease, gastrointestinal bleeding or obstruction in the intestine.
- If you have severe kidney, liver or heart function problem.
- If you have asthma or experienced an asthmatic attack due to painkillers.
- If you have difficulty in passing urine or obstruction in the bladder and kidney.
- If you a condition of weakness in muscles.
- If you have a condition of increased eye pressure.
- It should not be used in infants below 6-months of age.
- This medicine should not be used in the last trimester of pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- This medicine should not be used for managing pain before, during and after coronary bypass surgery.
Side effects of Dysmen Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Dysmen Tablet
Can I take Dysmen Tablet during pregnancy?
Dysmen Tablet should not be used in a pregnant woman, as it can cause heart abnormalities in the growing foetus. It can also delay labour and can increase bleeding tendency in both mother and child if used during labour.
Can I take Dysmen Tablet while breastfeeding?
You can take this medicine while breastfeeding as it is usually safe.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dysmen Tablet?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness, tiredness or visual disturbance after taking Meftal Spas. Be cautious while driving or operate any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Dysmen Tablet?
Though there is no direct interaction of Dysmen Tablet tablet with alcohol. However, there is a risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics and people with liver problems if you are taking this medicine and consume alcohol along.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from respiratory disorders like asthma and lung and throat related disorders.
- You may experience fluid retention and high blood pressure. It should be used cautiously in patients with existing conditions.
- You are suffering from autoimmune disease in which the body's immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissue of the body.
- You experience diarrhoea, skin reactions or overheating of the body after taking Dysmen Tablet.
- You have an existing liver and kidney function problem or bleeding disorder of the stomach or the intestine.
- You are suffering from fits, epilepsy and seizures.
- You have a prostate-related disorder, ulcerative colitis and megacolon.
- Women can experience infertility with the use of this medicine. Avoid this medicine if you are planning to conceive.
- You experience some related brain disorders like confusion, hallucinations, tiredness or aggression.
- There is a risk of heart-related disorder, heart failure and stroke after prolonged use of this medicine. It should be used cautiously in patients with the risk of heart disorder.
Mode of Action of Dysmen Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Dysmen Tablet acts via the combined action of Mefenamic acid and Dicyclomine.
- Mefenamic acid works by inhibiting the production of prostaglandin by blocking an enzyme responsible for prostaglandin synthesis. Prostaglandin is an inflammatory mediator that is implicated in conditions of pain, swelling and inflammatory responses.read less
- Dicyclomine acts via two mechanisms. It is an antispasmodic agent that acts on smooth muscles of the uterus, urethra, intestine and bile duct and helps in relieving pain.
Directions for Use of Dysmen Tablet
- Dysmen Tablet should be taken as a whole with water
- Take this medicine with or after food as instructed by your physician
Interactions of Dysmen Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to thin blood such as Warfarin should be used with caution, as there are chances of increased bleeding upon long-term use.
- Anti-platelet medicines such as Aspirin or Clopidogrel, steroids and painkillers, when taken along, can induce stomach or intestinal bleeding.
- Antidiabetic medicine, if taken along with Meftal Spas, can lead to low blood glucose.
- Dysmen Tablet should not be taken for 8 to 12 days after taking a medicine called Mifepristone.
- Digoxin used to treat heart failure should not be taken along with Dysmen Tablet.
- Medicines used to lower blood pressure such as water pills, Captopril, Enalapril, immunomodulator medicines such as Tacrolimus, Ciclosporin and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously.
- Medicines such as Methotrexate and Lithium, if taken along with Meftal Spas, can lead to toxicity of these medicines.
- Medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like Tobramycin, Gentamicin, Chloramphenicol, Zidovudine and medicines to treat glaucoma should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Dysmen Tablet
- Store Dysmen Tablet below 25°C
- Keep it away from children and pets
Dosage of Dysmen Tablet
The symptoms of an overdose of Dysmen Tablet include nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, rarely diarrhoea, excitation, coma, drowsiness, ringing sound in ears, fainting, occasionally fits or convulsions. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one. If you have missed the dose, then take the next dose as soon as you remember.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Dysmen Tablet cause infertility?
A: No, this medicine does not affect your fertility.
Q: Is Dysmen Tablet safe during periods?
A: Yes, this medicine is safe during periods. It is used for relieving pain and cramps during and before periods. Use it under medical supervision only.
Q: Does Dysmen Tablet affect your blood count?
A: Yes, there can be variations in blood cell count after taking this medicine. Tell your doctor before going for any blood tests, as it may vary due to this medicine.
Q: How long does it take for Dysmen Tablet to show its actions?
A: This medicine usually starts working within an hour. However, it can vary among individuals depending on their physiology and other biological parameters.
Q: Can we take Dysmen Tablet in an empty stomach?
A: No, you should take this medicine with food or after your meals to avoid any stomach discomforts.
Q: Can Dysmen Tablet be used for headache and toothache?
A: No, you should not use this medicine for headache or toothache as it may not be effective in such pains.
Last Updated on: 08 Nov 2020 | 08:09 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved