Duvanta 30mg Tablet
Duvanta 30 MG Description
Duvanta Tablet treats major depressive disorder, anxiety, pains such as neuropathic pain (nerve-related), fibromyalgia (pain all over the body) associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy (a condi
tion that affects nerves and causes numb hands and feet), and stress urinary incontinence in women (leaking of urine caused by stress such as coughing or sneezing). Duvanta Tablet belongs to the class of medicines called antidepressants/ medicines that fight depression. Duvanta Tablet has duloxetine as its active ingredient. Duvanta Tablet boosts the production of positive brain chemicals such as serotonin and norepinephrine and fights the symptoms of diseases.
|Uses||Depression, Anxiety, Neuropathy, Fibromyalgia, Stress Urinary Incontinence in Women|
|Side effects||Nausea, Dry Mouth, Increased Sweating, Drowsiness, Constipation|
Uses of Duvanta 30 MG
- Duvanta Tablet treats major depressive disorder and anxiety.
- Duvanta Tablet helps in neuropathic pain like fibromyalgia associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
- It also relieves chronic pain for a long time, such as back pain and arthritis/ joint pains.
- It also fights stress urinary incontinence in women.
Contraindications of Duvanta 30 MG
- If you have an allergy to duloxetine, do not take Duvanta Tablet.
- Talk to your doctor if you suffer from any health conditions, especially severe kidney disease and liver disease.
- If you are suffering from any of the following conditions, Duvanta Tablet use is restricted
- Suicidal thoughts
- Serotonin syndrome
- Closed-angle glaucoma
- Orthostatic hypotension (low blood pressure with sudden movements such as standing up suddenly)
- High blood pressure
- Heart diseases
- Slow digestion
Side effects of Duvanta 30 MG
- The most common side effects of Duvanta Tablet are
- Nausea/ vomiting sensation
- Dry mouth/ lack of saliva
- Increased sweating
- Duvanta Tablet might alter your blood pressure. When you are on Duvanta Tablet, you need to monitor/ check your blood pressure more often than usual.
- Some side effects might disappear with time as your body gets used to Duvanta Tablet.
Precautions and Warnings of Duvanta 30 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have allergies such as hives, difficulty breathing, or sore throat
- You have Side effects such as drowsiness, hypersomnia/ excessive daytime sleepiness, insomnia/ no sleep or poor quality sleep, fatigue/ body pain, headache, muscle aches, loss of appetite, nausea, dizziness, constipation, diarrhoea, frequent urination, cough, dry mouth, or sneezing. Some of the side effects may disappear on their own as your body gets used to the medicine....
Mode of Action of Duvanta 30 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Duvanta 30 MG
- Take Duvanta Tablet as suggested by your doctor. Never self-medicate. Self-medication could be dangerous.
- Swallow Duvanta Tablet as a whole with a glass of water. Do not break the tablet or chew or crush or open.
- You can take Duvanta Tablet with food or without food as suggested by your physician. However, taking Duvanta Tablet without food or with light meals increases the effectiveness of the medicine.
- It may take about four weeks for the medicine to start working. Even if you start feeling better, do not stop the medicine unless your physician/ doctor asks you to do it. Sudden stopping could cause side effects such as agitation, dizziness, sweating, vomiting, confusion, numbness, and tingling. ...
- Increasing or decreasing the dosage without your doctor’s approval could be dangerous.
- Antiplatelet medicines (medications that prevent blood clots) such as clopidogrel
- Blood thinners such as warfarin
- NSAIDS (pain-relievers) such as ibuprofen
- Quinolone antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin
- MAO inhibitor medicines such as linezolid, selegiline, phenelzine, tranylcypromine; if you have taken MAO inhibitor medicines within the past 14 days, do not take Duvanta Tablet. It can cause severe side effects. ...
- When you are on Duvanta Tablet, do not take any other medicine without your doctor’s approval.
- Some medications such as MOA should not be taken even after 5 days of stopping Duvanta Tablet unless your doctor approves.
- Discuss your detailed medical history with your physician, including any allergy, any diseases you are suffering from, any medicines you are currently taking, any medications you have taken up to the past 14 days, or any diseases running in the family....
Interactions of Duvanta 30 MG
Interactions with food items
- Duvanta Tablet doesn’t interact with any food. However, it is more effective when you take it without food or with light meals.
- Speak to your doctor and follow as advised.
Storage and disposal of Duvanta 30 MG
Dosage of Duvanta 30 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will Duvanta Tablet make me get addicted to it?
Q: Though I’m on Duvanta treatment, I still face depression symptoms. What should I do?
Q: Will Duvanta Tablet reduce my chances of becoming a parent?
- What is depression - (American Psychiatric Association) - [Internet]. Psychiatry.org [cited 17 February 2022] –
- Anxiety – (National Library of Medicine) - [Internet]. medlineplus.gov [cited 17 February 2022] –
- Duloxetine - (NHS) - [Internet]. nhs.uk [cited 20 February 2022] –
- Duloxetine – (Medline Plus) - (National Library of Medicine) - [Internet]. medlineplus.gov [cited 20 February 2022] –
- Efficacy of Duloxetine in Patients with Chronic Pain Conditions – (Current Drug Therapy) - [Internet]. Ncbi. nim. nih.gov [cited 20 February 2022] –
- Benefits and harm in clinical trials of duloxetine for treatment of major depressive disorder: comparison of clinical study reports, trial registries, and publications – (the bmj) - [Internet]. Ncbi. nim. nih.gov [cited 20 February 2022] –
- A systematic review of efficacy, safety, and tolerability of duloxetine - ( frontiers in Psychiatry) - [Internet]. frontiersin.org [cited 20 February 2022] –