Duter 0.5mg Tablet
Duter 0.5 MG Description
Duter Tablet is used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men with enlarged prostate. It is a condition characterized by urinary problems such as difficulty in passing urine, voided urine,
pain while urinating, etc. Duter Tablet contains dutasteride as its active ingredient. Avoid handling Duter Tablet with bare hands, as it can get absorbed through the skin. This medicine releases in semen and if gets exposed to the growing fetus it may adversely harm the growing fetus. This medicine may alter sperm motility, counts, and can also cause harm to the growing fetus if it is exposed to the affected semen. If pregnant women come in contact with the capsule, the contact area should be washed immediately with soap and water.
- Duman 0.5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 208.00₹ 176.80₹ 17.68/Tablet
- Zaride 0.5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Bajaj Formulations10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 132.00₹ 132.00₹ 13.2/Tablet
- Dutamax Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Galcare Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 130.00₹ 110.50₹ 11.05/Tablet
- Dutajoy 0.5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Kepler Health Care15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 148.00₹ 125.8021.07% CHEAPER₹ 8.39/Tablet
Uses of Duter 0.5 MG
Contraindications of Duter 0.5 MG
- If you are allergic to dutasteride or any other ingredient of Duter Tablet.
- If you have a severe liver disorder.
- If you are a woman, child and adolescent.
Side effects of Duter 0.5 MG
- Erectile dysfunction
- Difficulty in ejaculation
- Decreased sperm count
- Breast enlargement
- Altered sexual activity
Precautions and Warnings of Duter 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any liver problems, your doctor may advise a few liver function tests before and during the course of treatment.
- You are sexually active.
- Your partner is pregnant, exposing her to your semen may adversely affect your baby.
- You are undergoing prostate-specific antigen (PSA) blood test, as Duter Tablet may alter the results.
- You notice or experience any lump in the breast or discharge from the nipple, pain and breast enlargement, after taking this medicine.
- Duter Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Duter 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Duter 0.5 MG
Interactions of Duter 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Duter Tablet works, or dutasteride itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for eg. to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
Storage and disposal of Duter 0.5 MG
- Store below 30°C in the original package.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children and pet.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Duter 0.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Duter Tablet?
Q: Is Duter Tablet affects the fertility?
Q: Is Duter Tablet a steroid?
- Dutasteride 0.5 mg capsules, soft - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Dutasteride 0.5 mg capsules, soft - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]