Dute 0.5mg Tablet
By TETRAMED BIOTEK PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dute 0.5mg tablet is used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men with enlarged prostate. It is a condition characterized by urinary problems such as difficulty in passing urine, voided uri
ne, pain while urinating, etc. Dute 0.5mg tablet contains dutasteride as its active ingredient. Avoid handling Dute 0.5mg tablet with bare hands, as it can get absorbed through the skin. This medicine releases in semen and if gets exposed to the growing fetus it may adversely harm the growing fetus. This medicine may alter sperm motility, counts and can also cause harm to the growing fetus if it is exposed to the affected semen. If pregnant women come in contact with this medicine, the contact area should be washed immediately with soap and water....
Uses of Dute 0.5mg Tablet
Dute 0.5mg tablet is used to symptomatically treat Benign Prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men with an enlarged prostate.
Contraindications of Dute 0.5mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to dutasteride or any other ingredient of Dute 0.5mg tablet.
- If you have a severe liver disorder.
- If you are a woman, child and adolescent.
Side effects of Dute 0.5mg Tablet
- Erectile dysfunction
- Difficulty in ejaculation
- Decreased sperm count
- Breast enlargement
- Altered sexual activity
Precautions and Warnings of Dute 0.5mg Tablet
Can I take Dute 0.5mg tablet during pregnancy?
Dute 0.5mg tablet is specially designed for men. Pregnant women should not come in contact with this medicine, as it gets absorbed via skin and can adversely affect growing fetus. Thus, pregnant women should avoid contact with this medicine.
Can I take Dute 0.5mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Dute 0.5mg tablet is specially designed for men. It should not be used by nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dute 0.5mg tablet?
Dute 0.5mg tablet does not alter the driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Dute 0.5mg tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol with Dute 0.5mg tablet as may lead to an increase in the side effect.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any liver problems, your doctor may advise a few liver function tests before and during treatment.
- You are sexually active.
- Your partner is pregnant, exposing her to your semen may adversely affect your baby.
- You are undergoing a prostate-specific antigen (PSA) blood test, as Dute 0.5mg tablet may alter the results.
- You notice or experience any lump in the breast or discharge from the nipple, pain and breast enlargement, after taking this medicine.
- Dute 0.5mg tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Dute 0.5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Dutasteride lowers the production of dihydrotestosterone by blocking the enzyme 5 alfa reductase, responsible for the enlargement of the prostate. Thus, helps in improving the symptoms of BPH such as
difficulty in passing urine and a need to go to the urination frequently, straining and dribbling of urine....
Directions for Use of Dute 0.5mg Tablet
Dute 0.5mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your d
Interactions of Dute 0.5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Dute 0.5mg tablet works or dutasteride itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for eg. to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....Read more
Storage and disposal of Dute 0.5mg Tablet
- Store below 30°C in the original package.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children and pet.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Dute 0.5mg Tablet
If you feel you have taken too much of this medicine then consult your doctor or visit a nearby hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. Do not stop
taking this medicine without the doctor’s advice, as this may result in a flare-up of symptoms....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Dute 0.5mg tablet?
A: Dute 0.5mg tablet is used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) with enlarged prostate in men. Symptoms of BPH are difficulty in urination, frequent urge to go to urination, dribbling of urine.
Q: Are Dutasteride and Tamsulosin both the same?
A: No, both the medicines are prescribed in the patient of BPH, but both works by a different mechanism. Dutasteride decreases the production of a hormone known as dihydrotestosterone, while tamsulosin does not block the production of the hormone, rather just improves the symptoms. Thus, your doctor will prescribe you the best suited medicine based on your disease condition and severity.
Q: Is Dute 0.5mg tablet affects the fertility?
A: Yes, Dute 0.5mg tablet affects the sperm characteristics such as decreases the motility, count and volume of the semen. Thus, it indirectly affects fertility.
- Dutasteride 0.5 mg capsules, soft - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 20 April 2021]
- Dutasteride 0.5 mg capsules, soft - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 20 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 20 April 2021]
Last Updated on: 30 Jul 2021 | 08:20 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved