Durastat Asp Capsule
By SHREYA LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Durastat Asp Capsule Description
Durastat Asp Capsule contains a combination of Atorvastatin and Aspirin (Acetylsalicylic acid), as active ingredient.
|₹15.88 (14% on MRP)
|Atorvastatin(10.0 Mg) + Aspirin / Acetyl Salicylic Acid(75.0 Mg)
|ANTI-PLATELET AND HYPOLIPIDEMIC DRUGS
Check more medicines with composition as Atorvastatin(10.0 Mg) + Aspirin / Acetyl Salicylic Acid(75.0 Mg)
9 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Durastat Asp Capsule
- Atorec Asp Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 42.10₹ 36.2162.86% CHEAPER₹ 3.62/Capsule
- Atorva Asp 75mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Zydus Healthcare Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 48.78₹ 41.9556.95% CHEAPER₹ 4.20/Capsule
- Ecosprin Av 75mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Usv Pvt Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 60.65₹ 56.4161% CHEAPER₹ 3.76/Capsule
- Lipikind As 10/75mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 42.35₹ 36.4262.66% CHEAPER₹ 3.64/Capsule
- Aztor Asp 75mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Sun Pharma10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 46.00₹ 39.5659.44% CHEAPER₹ 3.96/Capsule
- New Modlip Asg 75mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 43.20₹ 37.1561.93% CHEAPER₹ 3.72/Capsule
- Atorlip Asp 10mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Cipla Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 36.59₹ 31.4767.74% CHEAPER₹ 3.15/Capsule
- Tonact Asp 75mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Lupin15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 51.90₹ 46.1968.05% CHEAPER₹ 3.08/Capsule
- Atchol Asp 10/75mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 52.00₹ 44.7269.4% CHEAPER₹ 2.98/Capsule
Uses of Durastat Asp Capsule
It is used for the treatment of increased cholesterol, especially when associated with the risk of heart disease, heart attack or stroke.
Contraindications of Durastat Asp Capsule
- If you have any allergic reaction to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have bleeding disorders
- If you have a history of ulcer in the stomach or small intestine
- If you have gout
- If you have kidney or liver problems
- If you are pregnant (last three months) or breastfeeding
- If you are taking medicines for cancer or rheumatoid arthritis (like methotrexate - more than 15mg per week)
- If you are being treated with medicines for hepatitis C like Glecaprevir/ Pibrentasvir
Side effects of Durastat Asp Capsule
- Body pain (joint, back, throat, muscle)
- Swelling of nasal passages and bleeding from the nose
- Indigestion, heartburn and nausea
- Increased risk of bleeding
- Breathing difficulty
- Severe allergic reactions like swelling of your lips, face or body, fainting, difficulty in swallowing and wheezing (serious side effect)
- Reddening of the skin with high fever (serious side effect)
- Abnormal liver function and increased creatinine level
Precautions and Warnings of Durastat Asp Capsule
Can I take Durastat Asp Capsule during pregnancy?
- Pregnant women should not take this medicine as it is unsafe during pregnancy
- If you are a woman of childbearing age, you should discuss with your physician about the importance of birth control methods and potential hazards to the unborn baby
- If you think you are pregnant or might become pregnant, discontinue the treatment and seek a safer alternative
Can I take Durastat Asp Capsule while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breast milk. You should not take this medicine if you are breastfeeding unless advised by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding as this medicine may harm your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Durastat Asp Capsule?
It does not affect your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Durastat Asp Capsule?
It would be best if you do not take alcohol while taking this medicine. Drinking alcohol may increase the risk of bleeding in the stomach and intestines. If you have any liver disease or history of liver disease, there are increased chances of further liver damage with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have liver or kidney disease
- If you experience muscle pain, cramps, weakness and fever after taking this medicine, immediately inform your doctor
- If you experience any muscle problems after taking other lipid-lowering medicine
- If you have breathing difficulty
- If you are addicted to alcohol
- If you have any thyroid problems
- If you are undergoing surgery or had an operation recently
- If you have any unusual bleeding
- If you notice black tarry stools or blood in vomit
- If you have asthma, this medicine can worsen your asthma
- If you have high blood pressure
- If you have ulcers in your stomach or small intestine
- If you are suffering from gout
- If you experience heavy menstrual bleeding, do not take this medicine as it can increase the bleeding
- If you are taking medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid as this may cause serious muscle injury
- If you have diabetes, regular blood glucose check-up is needed
Mode of Action of Durastat Asp Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Atorvastatin inhibits this enzyme. Therefore, lowering cholesterol and bad cholesterol (LDL levels). It also increases the good cholesterol known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL levels)...
- Aspirin in low doses stops the platelets from forming a clot so that the blood can flow without any obstruction in the arteries
Directions for Use of Durastat Asp Capsule
The dosage of Durastat Asp Capsule should be taken as per the physician's guidelines. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Swallow it as a whole.
Interactions of Durastat Asp Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Atorvastatin and Aspirin. Any interactions that are seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination
- Never take this medicine with hepatitis medicines like Glecaprevir/ Pibrentasvir
- Medicines used for thinning of the blood (e.g. Warfarin) can increase the risk of bleeding
- Increased risk of muscle damage and serious side effects if taken with Niacin, Cyclosporine, Clarithromycin, Itraconazole, Tacrolimus and Ezetimibe
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure or any heart problems like Amlodipine and Digoxin can increase the side effects of this medicine
- This medicine may interfere with medicines used for high BP like Ramipril and Lisinopril
- Avoid the use of painkillers as it can lead to stomach bleeding
Interactions with food items
Intake of grapefruit juice should be limited in quantity as grapefruit may alter the effect of Atorvastatin.
Storage and disposal of Durastat Asp Capsule
Store it in a cool and dry place and away from light.
Dosage of Durastat Asp Capsule
- As Durastat Asp Capsule contains Aspirin, symptoms of overdose include ringing in the ears, dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting and stomach ache, sweating, fever, increased pulse or breathing rate, fits and low blood sugar...
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking the medicine?
A: Try to take your medicine at the same time every day. Try connecting your medicine with daily activities such as brushing your teeth at night or having your dinner. It may help you to remember. Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go off at the time you need to take your medicine. You can also use a pillbox with the days of the week on it.
Q: What are the precautions I need to follow while taking this medicine?
A: Before you undergo any surgeries or during medical emergencies, inform your doctor that you are on treatment with this medicine, as it contains Aspirin and excess of it can cause bleeding disorders.
Q: I am on Durastat Asp Capsule and planning a pregnancy. What precautions do I need to take?
A: This medicine should not be taken during or before conceiving. Use effective contraception to avoid pregnancy when on this medicine. If you are planning a pregnancy, inform the same to your doctor. Your doctor may change this medicine to a safer alternative.
Expires on or After
Yoga Asanas for Hair Growth: A Comprehensive Research-Based Guide
Key Highlights: Introduction The world is now acknowledging the importance of hair health, and people are actively seeking ways to ensure that they have strong and shiny locks. Yoga, an ancient discipline with numerous potential physical and mental health benefits, has lately gained popularity as a means to promote hair growth and reduce hair loss.
Yoga for Constipation: Effective Poses for Digestive Relief
Key Highlights: Introduction Good digestive health is key to a happy life. Constipation, a very common gut problem, can be a pain and mess with your daily tasks. Among many approaches to relieve, yoga is a natural way that may ease constipation. In this article, we will look into how yoga may help with your
Low Platelet Count: Understanding Causes and Tips for Improving Platelet Levels
Key Highlights: Introduction Platelets play a crucial role in blood clotting, and having inadequate platelet counts can affect our well-being. Their number can decrease due to many factors. This situation is medically known as thrombocytopenia, that is, low platelet count. In this article, we delve into the production, functions, and health issues associated with platelets.
Low RBC Count: A Comprehensive Guide to Causes and Remedies
Key Highlights: Introduction Every part of our body needs red blood cells (RBCs). As they bring oxygen from the lungs to all cells, they make sure we work well and feel good. Anaemia or low RBC count occurs when our body doesn’t make enough RBCs, or it gets rid of them too quickly. In this
High MCH: Understanding Its Implications and Causes Based on Research
Key Highlights: Introduction Mean Corpuscular Haemoglobin (MCH) plays a vital role in determining the overall health of your body. A high MCH level can indicate various medical conditions that demand prompt attention. It’s crucial to understand the implications and causes of high MCH based on research to ensure proper diagnosis and management. In this article,
Can CBC Test Detect Cancer? Unveiling the Potential of Blood Tests
Key Highlights: Introduction Cancer comes in all shapes and sizes. It includes various types, stages, and origins. Detecting cancer early and finding out what type of cancer it is key for good management plan with a good outcome. A Complete Blood Count (CBC) test is often done by doctors to check up on their patients’
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.