Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps
Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps Description
Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps contains a combination of two medicines - Ipratropium and Levosalbutamol and is used to treat difficulty in breathing, coughing and whistling sound while breathing which
are the symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). COPD is the disorder where your lung is damaged and making the passage of air in the lungs difficult. This medicine blocks the effect of substances which produces tightening of air tubes in the lungs and relaxes them. Patient who have diabetes, glaucoma, prostate or heart problems should cautiously use this medicine. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding, and about all the medicines, supplements or herbs you take, and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from or suffered before starting this medicine.
|You Save||₹12.80 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ipratropium(40.0 Mcg) + Levosalbutamol / Levalbuterol(100.0 Mcg)|
Uses of Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps
Contraindications of Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps
- If you are allergic to Ipratropium or Levosalbutamol or any other ingredients of Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps
- If you are allergic to atropine or its derivatives
- If you have any problems with your heart
- If you are below 12 years of age (as there is no information on safety)
Side effects of Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps
- Headache, dizziness
- Cough, runny nose
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, indigestion, constipation
- Dry mouth, sore throat
- Shakiness, nervousness
- Muscle pain or cramps
- Breathing problem
- Palpitations, chest pain
- Blurred vision
- Skin rash, itching, swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps
- There is limited information about the effects of this medicine in human pregnancy. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is really needed and the advantage overweighs the risk. Please consult a doctor before using any medicine....
- It is unknown if the components of this medicine pass into breast milk. Hence, you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding....
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from any heart problems.
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You have diabetes.
- You have glaucoma.
- You have high blood pressure.
- You had or have fits.
- You have an overactive thyroid gland.
- You have difficulty passing urine due to bladder problems or an enlarged prostate (mostly in men).
- You are suffering from a condition called cystic fibrosis. It increases the chances of getting stomach disturbances if you use Duolin with it.
- The chances of side effects increase significantly in the elderly population, so elderly patients should be cautious while using this medicine.
- Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps is not recommended for use in children less than 12 years old.
Mode of Action of Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps
How Does It Work?
- COPD is a common lung problem that produces damage to the lungs over the period. This condition produces symptoms like coughing with mucous for a long time and eventually leading to breathing difficulties....
- Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps works by the anticholinergic effect of Ipratropium and the bronchodilator effect of Salbutamol.
- Few chemical substances (Acetylcholine) released in the body are responsible for the tightness of breathing tubes.
- Ipratropium blocks the effect of this substance and decreases the tone of breathing tubes, thus making breathing easier.
- Salbutamol acts mainly on smaller lung tubes and dilates them by relaxing the muscles.
Directions for Use of Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps
- Take Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps exactly as directed by your doctor. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Shake the inhaler.
- You should not take more puffs than that told by your doctor.
Interactions of Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps along with medicines used to treat psychiatric illness (Amitriptyline, selegiline, etc.) or medicines used to treat asthma (Albuterol, Epinephrine) should be avoided as it may alter the effects of this medicine....
- Concomitant use of this medicine with beta-blockers like Propranolol, Labetalol, etc. (used to treat high blood pressure and heart problems), may decrease the effectiveness of Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps....
- Concomitant use of this medicine with water pills like Furosemide, Hydrochlorothiazide may decrease the potassium level in the body which leads to heart rhythm abnormalities. Your doctor may advise the monitoring of blood potassium levels....
- Other medicines like Digoxin (used to treat heart problems), Xanthine preparations like Theophylline (used in asthma) and should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps
- Store Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps used for?
Q: I am taking medicines for diabetes, can I use Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps?
- Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps may alter the blood glucose level in the body. If you have diabetes, tell your doctor before starting the treatment.
- Your doctor may evaluate your situation and prescribe it in dose and duration accordingly. He may ask you to do some blood glucose monitoring tests if necessary.
Q: Can I stop taking Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps on my own?
Q: How does Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps work?
- Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps is a combination of two medications, Ipratropium and Levosalbutamol.
- Ipratropium decreases the resistance in breathing tubes in the lungs, while Levosalbutamol relaxes the smaller airway tube muscles so that more air reaches the lungs. Thus, it is useful in relieving symptoms of COPD like coughing, wheezing and breathing difficulties....
Q: Can I give this medicine to my son, who is 10 years old?
Q: Is Duolin Bottle Of 30 Rotacaps habit-forming?
Q: Does this medicine contain steroids?
Other Products from this Brand
- DUOLIN 3 500MCG/1.25MG 3ML PACKET OF 5 RESPULES
- DUOLIN 20/50MCG BOX OF 200MD METERED DOSE INHALER
- DUOLIN LD 2.5ML PACKET OF 5 RESPULES
- DUOLIN BOTTLE OF 60 ROTACAPS
- DUOLIN FORTE BOX OF 200MD METERED DOSE INHALER
- DUOLIN 1.25/500MCG AMPOULE OF 2.5ML RESPULES
- DUOLIN LD AMPOULE OF 2.5ML RESPULES
- DUOLIN 100/40MCG BOTTLE OF 45 ROTACAPS
- DUOLIN ROTACAP