Duoclox 250mg Cap
By FDC LIMITED
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Non ReturnableRead More
Duoclox 250mg Cap is an antibiotic medicine that contains a combination of Ampicillin and Cloxacillin.
Uses of Duoclox 250mg Cap
- It is used to treat infections of lungs, throat, airways, skin & soft tissue, bone, ear, nose, blood and other bacterial infections
- It is also used to treat infection of wounds and lungs after surgery
Contraindications of Duoclox 250mg Cap
- If you are allergic to Ampicillin, Cloxacillin or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are allergic to similar antibiotics like Cefixime, Cefpodoxime, Amoxicillin, etc.
- This medicine should never be used for eye infections and eye contact should be avoided
Side effects of Duoclox 250mg Cap
- Nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea
- Skin allergies with itching, rashes red bumps and blister
Precautions and Warnings of Duoclox 250mg Cap
Can I take Duoclox 250mg Cap during pregnancy?
The effect of this medicine in pregnant women is not clearly known and animal studies have not shown any undesirable effects on the developing fetus and it is usually considered safe. However, it should be used only if considered essential by your doctor.
Can I take Duoclox 250mg Cap while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breast milk and can cause side effects like diarrhea and fungal infection of mouth in a breastfed baby. Therefore it is advised not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Duoclox 250mg Cap?
You can drive while taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Duoclox 250mg Cap?
This medicine is known to have side effects like nausea and vomiting. Consuming alcohol may exaggerate such symptoms related to the stomach. Avoid drinking when you are taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have a history of allergy to penicillins
- If you experience serious allergic reactions and skin rashes after taking this medicine
- If you are having watery diarrhoea or severe stomach pain, immediately stop this medicine and consult your doctor
- If you develop other infections while taking this medicine
- If you have existing kidney problems
- You should not give this medicine to newborn babies suffering from jaundice
- It is advised to complete the course of antibiotics and not skip any dose even if you feel better
Mode of Action of Duoclox 250mg Cap
How Does It Work?
This medicine inhibits the formation of the outer membrane of bacteria and thereby kills the bacteria responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Duoclox 250mg Cap
This medicine should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and on an empty stomach or one hour before a meal.
Interactions of Duoclox 250mg Cap
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience skin allergies if you are taking medications like Allopurinol along with this medicine
- Antibiotics like Chloramphenicol, Azithromycin, Sulphonamides, Doxycycline interfere with the way this medicine works
- This medicine hampers the way in which the oral contraceptive medication works. Thus it is advised to use alternative physical contraceptive measures like condoms
- Other medicines like Probenecid, Sulfasalazine and Aspirin
Storage and disposal of Duoclox 250mg Cap
- Store in a dry place below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Duoclox 250mg Cap
- The overdose of this medicine may cause serious kidney failure if you have existing kidney problems
- Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you don't miss a dose of antibiotic as it may lead to treatment failure
- If you have missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Never take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage given by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Q: Can I take this medicine for cold and flu as well?
- No, you cannot take this medicine for treating cold and flu. This is specific for treating bacterial infections while cold and flu are caused by viruses. So, taking this medicine in such conditions may lead to antibiotic resistance.read less
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved