Drotikind Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
Drotikind 20 MG/ML Description
Drotikind injection contains drotaverine as its active ingredient. It is an anti-spasmodic medicine used to provide relief from pain due to spasms. Drotikind injection is used to relieve stomach and
abdominal pain, cramps, spasms and menstrual pain. Drotaverine works by relaxing the smooth muscles, thus relieving the pain and spasms. This medicine should not be used in children below 12 years of age and also by a breastfeeding mother. This injection will be given to you by your doctor or nurse. Do not self inject. You may experience pain at the injection site, which might resolve on its own.
Uses of Drotikind 20 MG/ML
Contraindications of Drotikind 20 MG/ML
- If you are allergic to drotaverine or any of the ingredients of Drotikind injection.
- If you have liver, kidney or heart-related problems.
- If you are suffering from a blood disorder called porphyria.
- If you are breastfeeding a baby.
- This medicine is not recommended to be used in children below 12 years of age.
Side effects of Drotikind 20 MG/ML
- Spinning of head
- Dry mouth
- Pain and swelling at the injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Drotikind 20 MG/ML
Other General Warnings
- Your liver and kidneys are not functioning properly.
- You have any pre-existing health condition such as heart-related disease, liver or kidney problem.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have a low blood pressure problem.
Mode of Action of Drotikind 20 MG/ML
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Drotikind 20 MG/ML
- Drotikind injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare
Interactions of Drotikind 20 MG/ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease like levodopa may not work properly if taken along with this medicine and you may experience shakiness, disbalance and rigidity.
- Other medicines like pain killers, medicines used to treat bladder problems and medicines used to calm the mind or relax the body like Alprazolam and Diazepam in mental disorders should be used cautiously....
- Some medicines can affect the way the Drotikind injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine you are currently taking or any herbal supplements to avoid interactions....
Storage and disposal of Drotikind 20 MG/ML
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
- Store it under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
Dosage of Drotikind 20 MG/ML
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long should I take Drotikind injection?
Q: Any special warning of Drotikind injection I should be aware of?
Q: When is Drotikind injection given?
Q: What to do when stomach pains even after taking this injection?
Q: What is the use of Drotikind injection?
- Drotaverine: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | MIMS Malaysia [Internet]. Mims.com. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- Drotaverine [Internet]. Ravimiregister.ee. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- Drotaverine | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Drugbank.ca. 2021 [cited 12 April 2021].
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Drugs Acting on Autonomic Nervous System: 92-140.