Drotikind Inj 2ml
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
2ml Injection in Ampoule
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Drotikind Injection contains Drotaverine as its active ingredient. It is an anti-spasmodic medicine used to provide relief from pain due to spasms. Drotikind Injection is used to relieve stomach and abdominal pain, cramps, spasms and menstrual pain. Drotaverine works by relaxing the smooth muscles, thus relieving the pain and spasms. This medicine should not be used in children below 12 years of age and also by a breastfeeding mother. This injection will be given to you by your doctor or nurse. Do not self inject. You may experience pain at the injection site, which might resolve on its own.
Uses of Drotikind Inj 2ml
Drotikind Injection is used in stomach and abdominal pain, cramps, spasms and menstrual pain.
Contraindications of Drotikind Inj 2ml
- If you are allergic to drotaverine or any of the ingredient of Drotikind Injection.
- If you have liver, kidney or heart-related problem.
- If you are suffering from a blood disorder called porphyria.
- If you are breastfeeding a baby.
- This medicine is not recommended to be used in children below 12 years of age.
Side effects of Drotikind Inj 2ml
- Spinning of head
- Dry mouth
- Pain and swelling at the injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Drotikind Inj 2ml
Can I take Drotikind Injection during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information available about the effect of Drotikind Injection on pregnancy. Thus it is recommended to avoid taking this medicine unless advised by your doctor.
Can I take Drotikind Injection while breastfeeding?
Drotikind Injection is not recommended to be used by breastfeeding women.
Can I drive if I have consumed Drotikind Injection?
After taking Drotikind Injection, you may feel dizziness. So, it is advised to be cautious before driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Drotikind Injection?
There is limited information on the interaction of Drotikind Injection with alcohol. Yet, it is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment as it can worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your liver and kidneys are not functioning properly.
- You have any heart-related disease.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have a low blood pressure problem.
Mode of Action of Drotikind Inj 2ml
How Does It Work?
Drotikind Injection works by inhibiting the action of an enzyme responsible for smooth muscle contraction. This leads to the relaxation of smooth muscle and dilation of blood vessels, thereby providing relief from spasm and pain.
Directions for Use of Drotikind Inj 2ml
- Drotikind Injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare
Interactions of Drotikind Inj 2ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease like levodopa may not work properly if taken along with this medicine and you may experience shakiness, disbalance and rigidity.
- Other medicines like pain killers, medicines used to treat bladder problems and medicines used to calm the mind or relax the body like Alprazolam and Diazepam in mental disorders should be used cautiously.read less
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine you are currently taking or any herbal supplements to avoid interactions.
Storage and disposal of Drotikind Inj 2ml
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
- Store it under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
Dosage of Drotikind Inj 2ml
Drotikind Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely to get an overdose of this medicine. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this injection, seek medical help.
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse as to when the medicine should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long should I take Drotikind Injection?
A: Your doctor will give you Drotikind Injection, based on your conditions and its severity.
Q: Any special warning of Drotikind Injection I should be aware of?
A: Drotikind Injection should not be used by a patient with any kind heart blockage (AV block), liver or kidney disease.
Q: When is Drotikind Injection given?
A: It is given if the patient is not able to take medicines by oral route or in case of severe pain when immediate relief is needed.
Q: What to do when stomach pains even after taking this injection?
A: Consult your doctor to find out the cause of your stomach pain. There can be several reasons for stomach pain ranging from infections, food poisoning, menses, allergies, ulcer etc. Your doctor may evaluate and treat you accordingly. Do not self-medicate.
Q: What is use of Drotikind Injection?
A: Drotikind Injection is is used to relief pain due to spasms and other severe painful conditions.
Last Updated on: 16 Apr 2021 | 10:44 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved