Domol R Strip Of 10 Tablets
Domol R Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Domol R Tablet is an anti-reflux medicine. It contains a combination of domperidone and ranitidine. It is used to treat gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD). GERD is a condition where acid from the
stomach flows back to the food pipe. This backflow of acid irritates the lining of the food pipe and leads to chest pain and heartburn. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to it, are suffering from any heart, liver or kidney diseases. It should be taken before food. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Rantac Dom Strip Of 20 TabletsBy J B Chemicals And Pharmaceuticals20 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 61.05₹ 51.8952% CHEAPER₹ 2.59/Tablet
- R Loc D Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 19.95₹ 16.9679% CHEAPER₹ 1.13/Tablet
Uses of Domol R Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Domol R Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Domperidone, Ranitidine or any other ingredient of Domol R Tablet.
- If you have an obstruction or perforations (tear) in your intestine.
- If you have any bleeding problem in the digestive tract.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- If you have a heart-related disorder such as heart failure, heart rhythm problems and an electrolyte imbalance.
- If you have a tumour of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you are on medications like Nelfinavir (used to treat HIV infection), Verapamil (used to control high blood pressure), Clarithromycin (antibiotics), Ketoconazole (antifungal).
Side effects of Domol R Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Domol R Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from any problems with your heart, liver or kidney.
- You are above 60 years of age.
- You have stomach ulcers or cancer.
- You are suffering from any lung-related diseases.
- You have diabetes.
- You have a weak immune system.
- You have porphyria (an autoimmune disorder of the skin).
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition.
Mode of Action of Domol R Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Domol R Tablet works by the combined effects of both its components - Domperidone and Ranitidine.
- Domperidone works by increasing the motility (movement) of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
- Ranitidine works by blocking the secretion of gastric acid thus reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Directions for Use of Domol R Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions of Domol R Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Domol R Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines used to treat your heart problems (like quinidine, amiodarone, verapamil), medicines used to treat your mental health (haloperidol, citalopram), antibiotics (erythromycin), medicines used to treat your fungal infections (pentamidine, ketoconazole), medicines used to treat malaria (halofantrine), medicines used to treat allergies (mizolastine), medicines used to treat cancer (vandetanib)....
- Concomitant use of Domol R Tablet along with blood thinners like warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Domol R Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Domol R Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Domol R Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Domol R Tablet?
Q: How to take Domol R Tablet?
Q: How long should I take Domol R Tablet?
Q: What is GERD?
- Domperidone 10mg Tablets- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Domperidone 10mg Tablets- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Ranitidine 150mg Tablets- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Ranitidine 150mg Tablets- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]