Dolonex Dt 20mg Tablet
By PFIZER LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dolonex DT Tablet contains Piroxicam which is a pain killer. It is used to treat painful conditions and provide relief from various kinds of mild-to-moderate pain. Piroxicam in Dolonex DT works by altering the release of chemical substances responsible for pain and inflammation. This medicine can sometimes cause stomach discomforts, nausea, vomiting, constipation, ulcers from this medicine. However, most side effects get resolved on their own. If it worsens, contact your doctor or visit a nearby hospital or clinic. Use this medicine as directed by the doctor and do not take it for a longer duration than prescribed as there is a risk of bleeding and ulcers with this medicine.
Uses of Dolonex Dt 20mg Tablet
Dolonex DT tablet is used to treat painful joints, pain from bones, back pain, neck pain or muscular pain in long-standing diseases of the bones and muscles like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, cervical spondylitis and other musculoskeletal disorder.
Contraindications of Dolonex Dt 20mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Piroxicam or any other ingredients of Dolonex DT.
- If you have a present or past history of stomach or intestinal ulcers, bleeding or perforation in the stomach or gut.
- If you have problems with your stomach or intestines like Crohn’s disease, gastrointestinal cancers or inflammation.
- If you have a history of past or on-going treatment with blood thinners such as warfarin, heparin to prevent blood clots.
- If you have heart disease like heart failure.
- If you have a history of known allergy or skin reactions to pain killers like Ibuprofen, Celecoxib or Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) or develop it after starting treatment.
- If your age is more than 80 years.
- If you are already taking another pain killer medicines like Ibuprofen, Celecoxib or Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin).
- If you are more than 6 months pregnant.
- If you have a history of developing asthma or nasal polyps after consuming pain killers like Ibuprofen, Celecoxib or Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin).
Side effects of Dolonex Dt 20mg Tablet
- Headache, dizziness, drowsiness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain or discomfort
- Constipation, diarrhoea, increased passing of gas
- Decreased appetite, mouth ulcers
- Raised blood sugar, palpitations
- Buzzing or ringing sensation in your ears
- Skin rash, itching,
- Swelling over the ankle, weight gain, blood in stools
- Reduction in haemoglobin and platelets, changes in numbers of other blood cells
Precautions and Warnings of Dolonex Dt 20mg Tablet
Can I take Dolonex DT during pregnancy?
- Dolonex DT is not to be taken during the first 3 months and last 3 months to avoid fetal damage. The first 3 months are very important as the formation of organs and other body parts take place. Taking Dolonex DT in the last 3 months can cause heart problems in the baby. It is advised to consult your doctor for safer alternatives.read less
- If you are planning to get pregnant or are being tested for infertility, you should not consume Dolonex DT, as it may increase the risk of threatened pregnancy.
- You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Can I take Dolonex DT while breastfeeding?
Dolonex DT is not to be taken during breastfeeding as it passes into breastmilk and can affect the baby. It is advisable to consult your doctor for safer alternatives.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dolonex DT?
Undesirable effects such as fatigue, dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbances (like blurred vision) are possible after taking pain killers. Therefore, it is not advisable to drive or use machines when you have consumed Dolonex DT.
Can I consume alcohol with Dolonex DT?
Alcohol can cause abdominal discomfort. Consumption of alcohol also leads to increased acidity and increased chances of stomach or intestinal ulcer formation. Moreover, it damages the liver which can affect the systemic breakdown of the medicine which takes place in the liver. Therefore, it is advised not to consume alcohol with Dolonex DT.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have acidity or stomach ulcers.
- You have any bleeding disorders.
- You are suffering from a mental disorder.
- You have heart problems like raised blood pressure, heart disease, stroke.
- You have diseases requiring steroid therapy.
- You have any liver or kidney disease.
- You have asthma.
- You have grown in the nose.
- You are planning to have a baby or taking treatment for infertility should avoid Dolonex DT. It is advised to discuss everything with your physician before starting Dolonex DT.
- You are above 70 years, special caution is advised as such patients have less tolerance to stomach side effects while liver and kidney damage along with heart disease are more common in this age group.read less
- Caution is also advised if you have conditions that can increase the risk of bleeding in the digestive tract like bleeding disorders, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, cancers of the stomach or intestine or inflammation of any part of the digestive tract. Dolonex DT should be avoided if you are suffering from an intestinal ulcer or bleeding from any part of the digestive tract at present.read less
Mode of Action of Dolonex Dt 20mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
When our body suffers any damage internally or externally, it reacts by starting a cascade of reactions which eventually leads to pain, redness and swelling of that body part. This chain of events resulting in pain etc. is called inflammation. Dolonex DT decreases pain by stopping the process of inflammation at various stages. It inhibits an enzyme that produces substances causing inflammation from body fat. It also inhibits the movement and action of white blood cells which takes place at any inflamed place. This also helps in decreasing swelling, redness and raised temperature.
Directions for Use of Dolonex Dt 20mg Tablet
- Take Dolonex DT as directed by your doctor.
- Disperse the tablet in a sufficient amount of water immediately before consuming it, with food or after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort, for a duration decided by the treating physician.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Dolonex Dt 20mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Blood thinners like Warfarin, when taken simultaneously with Dolonex DT, may increase chances of stomach or intestinal bleeding, vomiting blood, etc. Thus, concomitant use of these medicines with Dolonex DT should be avoided.read less
- Aspirin which is very commonly used in heart disease and some stroke patients can cause increased chances of stomach or intestinal bleed when taking Dolonex DT. Hence, concomitant use of these medicines with Dolonex DT should be avoided.read less
- Some medicines used to treat mental illness like Fluoxetine, Citalopram, Escitalopram, Paroxetine, Fluvoxamine, Sertraline, Dapoxetine may increase chances of gastric or intestinal bleed when taken with Dolonex DT.read less
- Digoxin, a medicine derived from plants that are used in heart failure can cause kidney damage and aggravate kidney damage if used along with Dolonex DT.
- Steroids like Prednisolone, Dexamethasone etc when used with Dolonex DT poses a risk for stomach and intestinal bleed.
- Dolonex DT decreases the effects of certain blood pressure medicines like Captopril, Enalapril, Lisinopril or water pills (medicines increasing frequency of micturition) like Furosemide and Torsemide.
- Other medicines like Mifepristone, Methotrexate, Lithium, Highly protein-bound medicines like Phenytoin, Cefazolin, Ciprofloxacin, Levofloxacin should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
It is advised to avoid excess spicy or oily foodstuffs to avoid stomach discomfort.
Storage and disposal of Dolonex Dt 20mg Tablet
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine once the expiry date has passed. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- You should not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or it shows signs of tampering.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Dolonex Dt 20mg Tablet
- Excess of Dolonex DT will lead to damage to the stomach, intestines, liver and kidney.
- If you experience any of the symptoms like pain or discomfort in the stomach that doesn’t resolve on its own, vomiting blood or blood in the stool, yellowing of eyes, nails and urine, swelling over face and limbs with difficulty in urinating or if you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.read less
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of Dolonex DT may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Dolonex DT as a pain killer if I have stomach pain?
- No, Dolonex DT though is a pain killer medicines cannot be taken to manage stomach pain. It is strictly recommended not to use this medicine in stomach pain as the medicine itself can lead to acidity and stomach discomfort which can worsen the patient's symptoms.read less
- It is better to consult your doctor in case of pain in the stomach to get yourself diagnosed first and only then take medications as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I take Dolonex DT as a fever medication?
A: Even though Dolonex DT has been shown to have fever lowering effect, it should not be used as a fever medication. Dolonex DT can cause gastric or intestinal bleeding. In some viral fevers, there is a decrease in the platelet count which can increase chances of bleeding along the lining of the gastric or intestinal tract.
Q: How will I know if I'm allergic to Dolonex DT?
A: If a patient develops a sudden skin rash, breathing difficulty, itching, cold hands and feet, loss of consciousness immediately or shortly after consuming Dolonex DT, he/she may be suffering from allergy to the drug and should be promptly taken to an emergency medical facility for further treatment.
Q: Is Dolonex DT good for back pain?
A: Yes, Dolonex DT is particularly good for back pain, but you should not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor. Back pain can be due to issues related to muscle, bone or disc between the vertebrae. Self-medication should be avoided.
Q: Is Dolonex DT a muscle relaxer?
A: No, Dolonex DT is not a muscle relaxer.
Q: Is this a habit-forming medicine?
A: No, Dolonex DT is not a habit-forming medicine.
Q: Can I take Dolonex DT if I have diabetes?
A: There should be cautious while taking Dolonex DT when the patient is known to have diabetes as Dolonex DT has been reported to cause an increase in blood sugar uncommonly. Therefore, it is advised to consult the treating physician before consumption of the drug.
Q: Why do I need to take antacid with Dolonex DT?
A: Dolonex DT causes increased acidity and can pose a risk of a gastric or intestinal bleed. Hence, an antacid is generally prescribed along with Dolonex DT.
Q: What are the signs of adverse effects I should watch out for a while taking Dolonex DT for a prolonged time?
A: Prolonged consumption of Dolonex DT is to be done if it is prescribed by your doctor accordingly. Do not continue to self-prescribe this medicine. You should watch out for any abdominal discomfort or bloating, black stools, any redness or itching of skin post-consumption of medicines, swelling over feet and eyes, buzzing or ringing sounds in the ears. These are the main things to watch out for. However, in case you experience any other discomfort, report it to your doctor immediately.
Q: How long does the effect of Dolonex DT last?
A: The effect of Dolonex DT is seen up to 48 to 72 hours after having the medicine but it depends from person to person.
Q: Is Dolonex DT a pain killer?
A: Yes, Dolonex DT is a painkiller used to provide relief from various mild to moderate pain.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:45 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Upto Rs.300 Cashback on ICICI Debit & Credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved