Dns 10% Bottle Inj 500ml
By BAXTER INDIA PVT LTD
500ml Injection in Infusion
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Injection DNS bottle contains Sugar and Sodium-chloride electrolytes solution which works by restoring body fluid and electrolytes lost during any surgery, trauma and provides calories in the body. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to any of the components of this medicine as well as if you have a high blood sugar level. It may cause side effects like an allergic reaction, shivering, fever, infection at the site of injection, formation of a blood clot at the site of injection, increase in body fluid level causing facial swelling, leg swelling, decrease in the sodium level in body. This medicine is to be given by a doctor or any healthcare worker under the doctor’s observation and not to be self-administered. Before adding any medicine or any other additives in this bottle, always consult your doctor or pharmacist or any healthcare worker available there. This medicine is only for intravenous use only. Always consult your doctor before using this medicine during pregnancy or lactation.
Uses of Dns 10% Bottle Inj 500ml
This medicine is used as a replacement for water, electrolytes and calories in the body.
Contraindications of Dns 10% Bottle Inj 500ml
If you are allergic to any of the components of this medicine. If you have a high blood sugar level.
Side effects of Dns 10% Bottle Inj 500ml
- Infection at the site of injection
- Formation of a blood clot at the site of injection
- Increase in body fluid level causing facial swelling
- Leg swelling
- Decrease in sodium level in the body
- If you notice any of the reactions as above, immediately inform your doctor or any healthcare worker at the place where you are taking this injection
Precautions and Warnings of Dns 10% Bottle Inj 500ml
Can I use the Injection DNS during pregnancy?
This medication is known to cause any developmental or congenital effects if used during pregnancy. However, inform your doctor if you are pregnant while taking this medicine.
Can I use the Injection DNS while breastfeeding?
There is limited information regarding the use of this medicine in lactating mothers, so always consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you are breastfeeding your child.
Can I drive if after using the Injection DNS?
Yes, you can drive as this medicine does not impair the driving ability after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with the Injection DNS?
Alcohol can add to the side effects caused by this medicine like change in salt and water balance, so avoid using alcohol with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an allergy due to any of the components of this medicine.
- You have high blood sugar.
- You have low sodium levels.
- You have low potassium levels.
- You notice swelling around your legs and face.
Mode of Action of Dns 10% Bottle Inj 500ml
How Does It Work?
This medicine contains a solution of sugar and sodium-chloride electrolytes which works by restoring body fluid and electrolytes lost during any surgery, trauma or any kind of loss.
Directions for Use of Dns 10% Bottle Inj 500ml
- This medicine will be given by your doctor or any other healthcare worker under a doctor’s observation.
- The bottle should not be removed from the container until ready to use and before tearing the overwrap it should be observed visually for any kind of contamination, change in colour, crystal formation, leakage or any kind of damage.read less
- Before adding any medicine or any other additives in this bottle, always consult your doctor or pharmacist or any health care worker available there.
- After the addition of other medicine or additives, mix them thoroughly, observe for any crystal formation and ensure that solution is clear.
- This medicine is only for intravenous use.
Interactions of Dns 10% Bottle Inj 500ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Excretion of Sodium and Lithium substances may increase during the administration of this medicine.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatments for any other disorders.read less
Storage and disposal of Dns 10% Bottle Inj 500ml
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Store this at room temperature.
- Avoid exposure to excessive heat.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Dns 10% Bottle Inj 500ml
This medication is given under the supervision of a doctor or a nurse, Hence, an overdose is unlikely. However, if you notice generalised or local swelling on your legs and face or feel any discomforts immediately and report to your doctor.
Missed a Dose
This medication is given under the supervision of a doctor or a nurse, so missing a dose is highly unlikely.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is this injection DNS a steroid?
A: No, this medicine contains sugar, sodium and chloride electrolytes which can be used to restore body fluid and the electrolyte level.
Q: What food or diet plan I must follow while using this medicine?
A: As per data, there are no restrictions for any food but as this medicine can increase the blood sugar level in the body, you must avoid excessive sugar consumption while taking this medicine.
Last Updated on: 06 Apr 2021 | 10:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved