Diovan 80mg Tablet
Diovan 80 MG Description
Diovan Tablet contains valsartan as its active ingredient. Diovan Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It lowers blood pressure by inhibiting the action of certain natural substan
es that tighten the blood vessels. This allows the blood to flow more smoothly through blood vessels and the heart to pump more efficiently. It is also used to improve survival and reduce the risk of heart related problem following a heart attack. While taking this medicine you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Valent 80mg TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 164.70₹ 139.9928% CHEAPER₹ 14.0/Tablet
- Valembic 80mg Tablet 10'sBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 103.50₹ 87.9754% CHEAPER₹ 8.8/Tablet
- Valzaar 80mg Tablet 15'sBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 299.60₹ 254.6612% CHEAPER₹ 16.98/Tablet
Uses of Diovan 80 MG
- Diovan Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It is also used to improve survival and reduce the risk of heart problems following a heart attack.
Contraindications of Diovan 80 MG
- If you are allergic to Valsartan or any other ingredients of Diovan Tablet.
- If you are on any medicine containing Aliskiren.
- If you are pregnant for more than 3 months.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you are suffering from jaundice or you have diabetes.
Side effects of Diovan 80 MG
- Stomach pain
- Body pain
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Diovan 80 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from heart disease.
- You have problems with your kidney or liver.
- You have dehydration, diarrhoea or are vomiting.
- You have problems with your adrenal glands.
- You are on treatment with high doses of water tablets (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide).
- You are on a low salt diet.
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels or on medicines that increase the amount of potassium in your blood (like heparin, amiloride, etc).
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like Ramipril, Lisinopril, Aliskiren, etc.
- You are less than 18 years old and are on Valsartan in combination with other medicines.
- You are pregnant, think you may be or are planning a pregnancy.
Mode of Action of Diovan 80 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Diovan 80 MG
Interactions of Diovan 80 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Diovan Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Diovan Tablet when taken with other antihypertensive medications like benazepril, captopril, lisinopril may alter its effects.
- Concomitant use along with medicine used in heart diseases and high blood pressure like perindopril, candesartan, aliskiren may increase the risk of side effects with Diovan Tablet.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with potassium supplements, medications like amiloride, spironolactone is not recommended as it may lead to increased potassium levels in the blood.
- Medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, etc may lead to kidney failure when taken together with Diovan Tablet.
- Lithium should not be taken simultaneously with Diovan Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Diovan 80 MG
- Diovan Tablet should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Diovan 80 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Diovan Tablet?
Q: What lifestyle changes should I make to control high blood pressure?
- You should plan your diet, consume a balanced diet that has proteins, whole grain fibrous fruits and vegetables.
- Limit carbohydrate, salt and sugar intake.
- Exercise regularly and reduce weight.
- Avoid smoking or drinking.
- Consult your doctor before starting any diet or food habits.
Q: How to take Diovan Tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Diovan Tablet if I start feeling better and my symptoms are gone?
- Valsartan 40mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 May 2021]
- Valsartan 40mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 8 May 2021]