Dilcontin Xl 120mg Tab
By MODI MUNDI PHARMA PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Non ReturnableRead More
Dilcontin Xl 120mg Tab, an anti-hypertensive medicine that belongs to the group of medications called as calcium channel blockers, is primarily used for treating high blood pressure.
Uses of Dilcontin Xl 120mg Tab
- High blood pressure
- Angina (chest pain because of reduced oxygen supply to the heart muscles)
Contraindications of Dilcontin Xl 120mg Tab
- Heart failure
- Allergy to the medicine
- Irregular or slow heartbeats
Side effects of Dilcontin Xl 120mg Tab
- The common side effects of Dilcontin Xl 120mg Tab include tiredness; feeling abnormal heartbeats; nausea; headache; flushing; skin rash; swelling of hands, feet and ankle; dizziness and stomach pain
- The serious side effects of Dilcontin Xl 120mg Tab include drowsiness and difficulty in sleeping
Precautions and Warnings of Dilcontin Xl 120mg Tab
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
You should avoid using this medicine if you are pregnant as it is dangerous for the foetus.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
It is unsafe to use this medicine while breastfeeding as it passes into the breastmilk.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
The usage of this medicine may lead to certain undesirable effects. In such cases, please do not drive or operate tools and machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
You should avoid the consumption of alcoholic beverages along with this medicine as it is unsafe and may cause adverse effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You wish to alter or stop the medicine
- You want to give the medicine to children or infants
- You have completed the course of this medicine
Mode of Action of Dilcontin Xl 120mg Tab
How Does It Work?
The composition of Dilcontin Xl 120mg Tab is diltiazem. It inhibits the cardiac and vascular muscle contraction, causing the heart and arteries to dilate, therefore reducing the load on the heart and decreasing tension in the blood vessels.
Directions for Use of Dilcontin Xl 120mg Tab
- This medicine is for oral consumption only
- Administer this medication as prescribed by your doctor
- Swallow this medicine whole with water
- You should not chew, crush or break this medicine
- Follow-up with your doctor on the completion of the course of this medicine
Interactions of Dilcontin Xl 120mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
Interactions with food items
Dilcontin Xl 120mg Tab for high blood pressure interacts with grapefruit, its juices and extracts and leads to a considerable decrease in blood pressure. You should avoid the intake of such food products.
Other general Interactions
- Irregular or slow heartbeats
- Heart failures
Storage and disposal of Dilcontin Xl 120mg Tab
- Store this medication away from children
- You should avoid using this medicine beyond the date of expiry
- This medicine needs to be stored in a closed container
- You should keep this medicine in a cool and dry place
- No special storage condition is required for this medicine
- You should follow medical waste management instructions when disposing this medicine
Dosage of Dilcontin Xl 120mg Tab
This medicine should be used in limited doses. You should avoid overdosage of this medicine because it may lead to severe side effects. In the case of overdose (accidental or otherwise), you should seek immediate medical attention.
Missed a Dose
Dilcontin Xl 120mg Tab dosage is not to be missed because it is for regular usage. If in case of missed dose, you should take the medicine at the earliest. If it is time for the next scheduled dose, you should skip the missed dose and avoid doubling the dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before starting to use this medicine?
A: You should report your complete medical history to your doctor along with any history of liver or heart disorders.
Q: How long should I take this medicine?
A: The duration of the course of this medication is determined by your doctor. You should consult your doctor for more details on the same.
Q: Can I buy this medicine on online platforms?
A: This medicine is available on online medical platforms. However, it is advisable to purchase this medicine at your nearest pharmacy by producing your doctor's prescription.
Q: When can I stop taking this medicine?
A: It is not advisable to stop the usage of this medication on your own. On the completion of the course of this medicine, you should follow-up with your doctor.
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions with the use of this medicine?
A: It is advisable to follow an appropriate diet along with this medication. You should consult your doctor for more details.
- EMC. Adizem® -XL 120 mg, 180 mg, 200 mg, 240 mg and 300 mg capsules
- Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2006-. Diltiazem. [Updated 2018 Oct 31].
- WebMD. Diltiazem Hcl
- DailyMed. DILTIAZEM HCL CD- diltiazem hydrochloride capsule, coated, extended release
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 03:05 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved