Diamox 250mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Diamox 250 MG Description
Diamox tablets are used for the treatment of an eye condition called glaucoma. It is a condition, where the nerve that connects our eye to our brain is injured mainly because of high eye pressure. It
can also cause blindness if not treated early. Diamox tablet contains acetazolamide as the active ingredient. Diamox works by reducing the production of fluid in the eye and thus reduces the pressure inside the eye. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration. Inform your doctor about all medical conditions along with medications you are currently taking or had recently.
|Side effects||Fever, tiredness, dizziness, vomiting|
Check more medicines with composition as Acetazolamide(250.0 Mg)
1 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Diamox 250mg Tablet
- Actamid 250mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Jawa Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 42.52₹ 37.4235.18% CHEAPER₹ 3.74/Tablet
Uses of Diamox 250 MG
Diamox is used for treating increased pressure in the eye, known as glaucoma.
Contraindications of Diamox 250 MG
- If you are allergic to acetazolamide and any other ingredient of Diamox tablet.
- If you have low salt and electrolyte levels in the body.
- If you have an increased level of chlorine in the body.
- If you have a history of kidney failure or other kidney problems.
- If you have adrenal glands (glands situated over kidneys) dysfunction.
- If you have a history of liver failure or other liver problems.
- If you are under 12 years of age.
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
Side effects of Diamox 250 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Diamox 250 MG
Can I take Diamox Tablet during pregnancy?
Diamox tablets should not be used during pregnancy due to insufficient information on their safety in pregnancy, especially during the first trimester of pregnancy.
Can I take Diamox Tablet while breastfeeding?
Diamox tablets can be taken by a lactating woman if prescribed by a doctor. However, it should be used with caution in lactating women.
Can I drive if I have consumed Diamox Tablet?
If you experience symptoms such as drowsiness, confused mind and fblurred vision after taking this medicine, then it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Diamox tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Diamox, as it may increase drowsiness and other side effects. Talk to your doctor, if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any form of kidney problem like stones.
- You have liver disease.
- You have a blood glucose-related problem.
- You are of age above 65.
- You have lung-related disorder like difficulty in breathing.
- You are taking any medicine to treat fits or seizures.
Mode of Action of Diamox 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Acetazolamide present in Diamox works by reducing the production of fluids in our eye by inhibiting the action of certain enzymes responsible for the production of fluids in the eye. Thus, it reduces the fluid pressure in the eye that ultimately prevents eye damage....
Directions for Use of Diamox 250 MG
Diamox tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, after meals. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Diamox 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- aSome medicines can affect the way Diamox tablet works, or Diamox itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, or medicine to treat urinary conditions immunomodulatory medicines, or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- If you are taking medicines like digoxin for the treatment of heart failure.
Storage and disposal of Diamox 250 MG
- Diamox should be stored below 30°C in its original package to protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Diamox 250 MG
The overdose of Diamox tablet results in symptoms like shortness of breath, swelling in eyelids/face/lips, itching in the whole body, fever, ulcers in the mouth, fits, include headache, nausea, vomiting, loss of hunger, tiredness, pale-colored stools, etc. If you happen to take too much of this medicine report to your doctor as soon as possible or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
It is advised to continue to take the tablets for as long as the doctor recommends. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. If you forget to take a dose take it as soon as you remember it and then take the next dose at the right time....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are Diamox tablets used for?
A: Diamox is used for reducing pressure inside the eye for an eye condition known as Glaucoma.
Q: Can I take Diamox tablets after cataract surgery?
A: No, this should only be used when prescribed by a doctor and for treating conditions. For more information take your doctor to advice.
Q: What are the side effects of Diamox tablets?
A: You may experience dizziness, lightheadedness and increased urine output especially during the initial days of the treatment. Dry mouth, nausea, blurred vision, loss of appetite may also be experienced by a few individuals treated with this medicine.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 16 August 2021]
- Acetazolamide 250mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 August 2021]
- Acetazolamide [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 16 August 2021]
- Acetazolamide 250mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 August 2021]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed