Dexin Syp 60ml
By SHIELD PHARMACEUTICALS
60ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dexin Syrup is an antibiotic and is used for the treatment of different types of bacterial infections of the ear, nose, sinuses (such as sinusitis), throat (tonsillitis), chest and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia), urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections). It contains cephalexin (or cefalexin) as its active ingredient. Dexin Syrup should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. You must complete the entire course of this medicine. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Dexin Syrup.
Uses of Dexin Syp 60ml
Dexin Syrup is used for the treatment of various types of bacterial infections of the nose, ear, throat, chest, lungs, kidney, skin and urinary tract.
Contraindications of Dexin Syp 60ml
- If you are allergic to cephalexin or any other ingredients of Dexin Syrup.
- If you are allergic to a similar class of antibiotics called cephalosporins.
- If you are suffering from a hereditary condition called porphyria.
Side effects of Dexin Syp 60ml
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash, itching
Precautions and Warnings of Dexin Syp 60ml
Can I take Dexin Syrup during pregnancy?
Please consult your doctor before using Dexin Syrup during pregnancy as there is limited information for its use in pregnant women.
Can I take Dexin Syrup while breastfeeding?
Cephalexin passes into the breastmilk in small amounts, thus you should be cautious when using Dexin Syrup while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dexin Syrup?
You should be cautious while driving a vehicle or operating heavy machinery as Dexin Syrup may make you feel dizzy.
Can I consume alcohol with Dexin Syrup?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Dexin Syrup, as it may worsen the side effects such as dizziness or nausea.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking Dexin Syrup, immediately contact your doctor.
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- You develop bloody diarrhoea or mucous in diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
- Dexin Syrup should be taken only on your doctor’s prescription and complete the course of the medicine. Discontinuing the medicine in between treatment may lead to the bacteria becoming resistant to this medicine.Read less
Mode of Action of Dexin Syp 60ml
How Does It Work?
Cephalexin in Dexin Syrup works by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall, which ultimately leads to the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Dexin Syp 60ml
- Take Dexin Syrup as instructed by your doctor.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Shake it well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
Interactions of Dexin Syp 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Dexin Syrup works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines used to treat cancer, gout (Probenecid), water tablets (ethacrynic acid, furosemide), diabetes (metformin), or other antibiotics.
- Dexin Syrup should not be concomitantly used with medicine like clindamycin, doxycycline to treat your bacterial infection.
- Medicines used to thin your blood like warfarin should be used with caution along with Dexin Syrup as it may increase bleeding.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Storage and disposal of Dexin Syp 60ml
- Dexin Syrup should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Dexin Syp 60ml
Symptoms of an overdose may include nausea, vomiting, stomach discomfort, diarrhoea and blood in the urine. Seek urgent medical help if you feel you have taken Dexin Syrup in excess.
Missed a Dose
In case you have missed taking any dose of Dexin Syrup, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Dexin Syrup?
A: Dexin Syrup is used in the treatment of various types of bacterial infections of the nose, ear, throat, chest, lungs, kidney, skin and urinary tract
Q: How to take Dexin Syrup?
A: Dexin Syrup should be taken as instructed by your doctor. Shake well before taking it. Use a measuring cup, spoon, or dropper for the exact quantity.
Q: Is Dexin Syrup an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Dexin Syrup is an antibiotic.
Last Updated on: 05 Jun 2021 | 02:17 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved