Desilam 10mg Tab
By MSN LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Desilam 10 mg Tab treats depression and other mental health issues such as anxiety, panic attacks, and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). It belongs to the class of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). Desilam 10 mg Tab is an antidepressant that improves mood while reducing anxiety and stress. The directions for use of Desilam 10 mg Tab should be strictly followed. The dose and frequency of administration are adjusted to control side effects. Typically, treatment is started with a lower dose and gradually scaled up. It is possible to take this medicine with or without meals. Without the doctor's recommendation, sudden stoppage of Desilam 10 mg Tab can aggravate the disease or cause unpleasant withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, disorientation, and sleep difficulties. Desilam 10 mg Tab should be taken daily for maximum benefit. In case of difficulties sleeping, it may be taken in the morning. This medicine takes up to two weeks for results to show. If there is no improvement after four weeks, it is necessary to consult a doctor. Side effects of Desilam 10 mg Tab include insomnia, reduced sexual drive, prolonged ejaculation, and difficulty attaining orgasm. Some people also feel sleepy after taking this medication. Any sudden changes in mood or self-harm thoughts should be reported to the doctor immediately. Desilam 10 mg Tab interactions will be considered at the time of prescription. The doctor should be notified of the affected person's complete medical history and any other medication taken currently. Those with epilepsy, diabetes, liver or renal illness, cardiac issues, or if taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) for depression should check with their physicians before taking Desilam 10 mg Tab....
|You Save||₹14.63 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Panic disorder, Anxiety disorder, Depression|
|Side effects||Delayed ejaculation, Difficulty sleeping, Decreased orgasm or anorgasmia in women, Increased sweating, Decreased libido, Fatigue, Sleepiness, Nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Citalopram(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Desilam 10 MG
- As per CDSCO, Desilam 10 mg Tab is used to treat:
- Panic disorder
- Anxiety disorder
Contraindications of Desilam 10 MG
- Do not take Desilam 10 mg Tab or use with caution:
- If you are allergic to any active component of Desilam 10 mg Tab
Side effects of Desilam 10 MG
- Side effects of Desilam 10 mg Tab include:
- Delayed ejaculation
- Difficulty sleeping
- Decreased orgasm or anorgasmia in women
- Increased sweating
- Decreased libido
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Desilam 10 MG
Can I take Desilam 10 mg Tab during pregnancy?
The use of Desilam 10 mg Tab in pregnancy may be dangerous. Animal research has shown adverse effects on the growing foetus. Before prescribing it to you, your doctor will consider the advantages and possible hazards. Please seek medical advice.
Can I take Desilam 10 mg Tab while breastfeeding?
The usage of Desilam 10 mg Tab during nursing is likely to be safe. Based on limited human studies, this medicine does not harm the newborn. However, if the infant displays indications of excessive drowsiness (more than average), difficulties nursing, respiratory issues, or limpness, see a doctor right away.
Can I drive if I have taken a Desilam 10 mg Tab?
No. Desilam 10 mg Tab can cause adverse effects like sleepiness, affecting your ability to drive or operate heavy machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Desilam 10 mg Tab?
Drinking alcohol while using Desilam 10 mg Tab is unsafe. It may raise your risk of dizziness, trouble concentrating, nausea, respiratory problems, tiredness, and other adverse effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You can't sleep at night. Your doctor might advise you to take the medicine first thing in the morning, so it does not keep you up at night.
- You experience abrupt mood swings or suicidal thoughts. Seek medical help.
- You want to stop taking this medicine. Do not abruptly stop drinking Desilam 10 mg Tab without seeing your specialist.
- You experience dizziness or drowsiness. Do not drive or engage in any activity that demands mental concentration until you better understand how this medication affects you.
Mode of Action of Desilam 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Desilam 10 mg Tab is an antidepressant that works by blocking serotonin reuptake. It acts by raising levels of the chemical messenger serotonin in the brain. This action helps with the mental and physical symptoms of depression, panic attacks, anxiety, and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)....
Directions for Use of Desilam 10 MG
- Consume Desilam 10 mg Tab once a day, with or without meals. Then, take Desilam 10 mg Tab each day at about the same time.
- Read the label instructions carefully, and if there is anything you don't understand, ask your healthcare provider or physician to clarify.
- Take Desilam 10 mg Tab precisely as directed by the doctor. Do not consume less or more of it, or take it more frequently.
- Your specialist will initiate you on a smaller dosage of Desilam 10 mg Tab and gradually raise it over time. As a result, you might not always experience the full benefit of Desilam 10 mg Tab for 1 to 4 weeks....
- Even if you feel fine, keep taking Desilam 10 mg Tab. Do not stop using Desilam 10 mg Tab without consulting your doctor. Your specialist will most likely progressively reduce your dose.
- You could have withdrawal symptoms, including irritation, restlessness, excessively stimulated mood, and trouble falling asleep if you suddenly stop using Desilam 10 mg Tab. Reach your healthcare provider if you experience any of these effects while lowering your Desilam 10 mg Tab dose or shortly after stopping it....
Interactions of Desilam 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Desilam 10 mg Tab might interact with the following medications and cause severe side effects: sleepiness, delayed ejaculation, or decreased libido.
- Antidepressants including Tranylcypromine, Phenelzine, and Iproniazid
- Blood-thinners such as Phenprocoumon, Warfarin, and Dipyridamole
- Antimalarials like Mefloquine
Storage and disposal of Desilam 10 MG
Store Desilam 10 mg Tab in dry conditions at room temperature, away from wet surfaces, direct sunlight, and humidity. Keep the tablets in their original container, away from children and pets. Always check and lock safety caps to prevent small children from accidental poisoning. Check the expiration date before taking the tablets. Dispose of the packaging carefully after use. Do not flush extra or expired tablets down the toilet. Instead, look for a medicine take-back programme. Consult your pharmacist or the garbage/recycling service in your area....
Dosage of Desilam 10 MG
Desilam 10 mg Tab overdose can lead to symptoms like vomiting, a racing heart, disorientation, coma, or unconsciousness for an extended length of time. If you overdose on Desilam 10 mg Tab and experience any of these symptoms, immediately seek emergency medical treatment from a hospital close to you. In case the user has passed out, had a seizure, has breathing difficulties, or cannot be awakened, rush them to an emergency centre right away....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of Desilam 10 mg Tab, try to take it as soon as you remember. If you recall the missed dose when it is almost time for the next one, skip the missed one and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take both of them together; this can lead to adverse reactions....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it preferable to take Desilam 10 mg Tab at bedtime or in the morning?
A: You can consume Desilam 10 mg Tab once a day in the morning because it might keep you up if taken late at night. Take Desilam 10 mg Tab with or without meals. It's best to consume Desilam 10 mg Tab at the same time every day so that you do not skip a dose.
Q: Can I stop taking Desilam 10 mg Tab on my own?
A: Do not discontinue Desilam 10 mg Tab suddenly since withdrawal symptoms may occur. Even though withdrawal symptoms are usually minimal and go away within two weeks, it is not advisable to stop the medication without consulting your specialist. The doctor will taper your dose before stopping it completely.
Q: Is hair loss a side effect of Desilam 10 mg Tab?
A: Desilam 10 mg Tab has been associated with hair loss in several studies. So, if you're losing a lot of hair, be cautious and seek medical help.
- New Drugs Approved by CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in [cited 8 Mar 2022] -
- Clonazepam: Bullous dermatosis in an elderly patient: case report [Internet]. React Wkly. 2013. 1440(1): 13–13 [cited 8 Mar 2022]
- Escitalopram: Galactorrhoea: case report [Internet]. React Wkly. 2014. 1526(1): 60–60 [cited 8 Mar 2022] - h
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.