Deriphyllin M Tab
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Deriphyllin M tablet is a combination of three medicines namely Etofylline, Theophylline and Montelukast. This medicine is used to treat disorders associated with the lungs and airways like asthma. Asthma is a condition where the airways are narrowed or swollen with increased production of mucous. This condition leads to difficulty in breathing, coughing and can affect physical activity. This medicine clears the obstruction, reduces cough, breathlessness and discomfort associated with it. Deriphyllin M tablet needs to be taken as a whole and as per the prescription given by the doctor. Some common side effects of this medicine are headache, anxiety, insomnia, increased urination and diarrhoea. Most of the side effects are temporary, in case these side effects persist then contact your doctor immediately.
Uses of Deriphyllin M Tab
- Deriphyllin M tablet is used to manage the airway obstruction or tightening associated with asthma or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
Contraindications of Deriphyllin M Tab
- If you are allergic to Theophylline, Etofylline, Montelukast or any other components of this medicine.
- If you have a rare blood disorder named Porphyria.
- If this medicine is given along with other asthma medicines like Ephedrine to children less than 6 years of age.
- Deriphyllin is contraindicated in children under 6 months of age.
Side effects of Deriphyllin M Tab
- Abdominal pain
- Increased urination
- Irregular heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Deriphyllin M Tab
Can I take the Deriphyllin M tablet during pregnancy?
Deriphyllin M tablet is not recommended during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety in pregnant women. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, before starting this medicine.
Can I take the Deriphyllin M tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of the Deriphyllin M tablet pass into the breastmilk which may affect the breastfed baby. Use this medicine under a doctor's supervision.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Deriphyllin M tablet?
This medicine is not known to affect driving ability. However, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with the Deriphyllin M tablet?
No, alcohol should not be consumed with this medicine as it interferes with the effect of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart problems including high blood pressure.
- You have any severe lung diseases.
- You have any viral infections.
- You have a thyroid problem.
- You have any liver problems or stomach ulcers.
- You have a history of fits or seizures.
- You have prostate-related issues (especially in aged males).
- You are a smoker or have a habit of drinking alcohol as these may alter the way this medicine works.
Mode of Action of Deriphyllin M Tab
How Does It Work?
- Deriphyllin M tablet contains Theophylline, Etofylline and montelukast.
- Etofylline is a derivative of theophylline. It works by dilating and relaxing the muscles of the airways.
- Theophylline reduces swelling in the lungs of asthma patients and relieves the feeling of blockage.
- Montelukast inhibits certain chemical substances which cause the narrowing of airways (bronchoconstriction), thereby reducing the discomfort associated with asthma.
Directions for Use of Deriphyllin M Tab
- Take this medicine as a whole with water, with or without eating a meal.
- You should take this medicine regularly at the same time without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed quantity.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Deriphyllin M Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Deriphyllin M tablets may interact with other medicines and create an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations.Read less
- Medicines used to control fits like Aminoglutethimide, Phenytoin, antibiotics such as Rifampicin, medicines used for HIV such as ritonavir; medicines used to treat gout such as sulphinpyrazone, medicines used to treat psychotic disorders such as barbiturates and St.John's Wort may reduce the effect of Deriphyllin M tablet.Read less
- Anti-viral medicines such as aciclovir, medicines used to treat gout such as allopurinol, medicines such as carbimazole used for thyroid disorders, anti-ulcer medicines such as cimetidine, medicines used to treat irregular heartbeats such as propafenone, mexiletine, medicines used for heart-related chest pain such as Verapamil, medicines used to treat worms like thiabendazole and antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin can increase the effects of this medicine which may lead to increased side effects when used together.Read less
- The use of Anaesthetics like Halothane with this medicine can result in irregular heartbeats.
- Anticancer medicines such as Lomustine when used with Deriphyllin M tablets may lead to decreased platelets.
- Deriphyllin M tablets, when used together with steroids and water pills may result in decreased potassium levels.
- The use of any other medicines containing theophylline or derivatives of theophylline may result in increased side effects.
Dosage of Deriphyllin M Tab
The symptoms of an overdose include blood vomiting, pain in the upper abdomen, restlessness, muscle stiffness, fits, low blood pressure and irregular heartbeats. If you feel you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Deriphyllin M tablet be given to patients with heart disorders?
A: Deriphyllin M tablet should be used cautiously in patients with heart disorders, as this medicine may cause an increase of heartbeats. It is mandatory to consult the doctor before using this medication.
Q: Can Deriphyllin M tablet be given to patients with diabetic patients?
A: Deriphyllin M tablet should be given to diabetic patients with caution; it may increase blood glucose. It is mandatory to consult the doctor before using this medication.
Q: Does Deriphyllin contain steroids?
A: No, Deriphyllin does not contain steroids.
Q: Does Deriphyllin cause drowsiness?
A: Yes, drowsiness is a side effect of Deriphyllin M tablet.
Q: Can I use Deriphyllin M tablet for cough?
A: Deriphyllin M tablet can be used for cough and breathlessness associated with Asthma or lung related disorders. However, occurence of cough could be due to various reasons. Hence it is recommended to consult a doctor before using this medication and self medication should be avoided.
Last Updated on: 08 Apr 2021 | 11:02 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved