Delisprin 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Delisprin 75 MG Description
Delisprin 75 tablet is an antiplatelet medicine containing acetylsalicylic acid (also called aspirin). It is used to prevent blood clot formation within the body. It is also used to prevent heart att
acks, strokes and chest pains associated with the heart. This medicine should not be used by individuals with bleeding disorders. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration. Please do not modify the dose or stop it before the prescribed duration, even if you feel better. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history including all the medicines you are currently taking.
Uses of Delisprin 75 MG
- Prevention of heart attack or strokes.
- Prevention of heart problems like stable or unstable angina (chest pain).
- Treatment of acute heart attack.
- Prevention of blood clot formation posts heart surgery.
Contraindications of Delisprin 75 MG
- If you are allergic to acetylsalicylic acid or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have bleeding disorders.
- If you have a history of ulcers in the stomach or small intestine.
- If you have gout.
- If you have a serious liver or kidney problem.
- If you are pregnant (last three months) or are breastfeeding.
- If you are taking medicines for cancer or rheumatoid arthritis (like methotrexate - more than 15mg per week).
Side effects of Delisprin 75 MG
- Increased risk of bleeding
Precautions and Warnings of Delisprin 75 MG
- Delisprin 75 tablet should be taken during pregnancy only if considered essential by the doctor after assessing the benefits over risks.
- Hence, it's important to consult the doctor before using this medicine during pregnancy or planning pregnancy.
Other General Warnings
- You are undergoing surgery or had surgery recently.
- You experience an allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You are suffering from asthma. Then, this medicine can worsen your asthma.
- You have any pre-existing medical condition such as kidney or liver disease, hypertension, ulcers in your stomach or small intestine, gout, etc.
- You have any unusual bleeding.
- You experience heavy menstrual bleeding, do not take Delisprin 75 tablet as it can increase the bleeding.
- It should not be used in children below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Delisprin 75 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Delisprin 75 MG
- Do not crush or chew Delisprin 75 tablet.
- Swallow the tablets as a whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of Delisprin 75 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Delisprin 75 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- Concomitant use of methotrexate (used to treat certain types of cancer) with aspirin should be avoided.
- Aspirin can reverse the effect of probenecid (used to treat gout). Hence, this combination should be avoided.