Defcort Oral Susp 30ml
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
30ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Defcort Oral Susp 30ml is a liquid containing a steroid hormone.
Uses of Defcort Oral Susp 30ml
- Defcort Oral Susp 30ml is broadly used for treating allergy and inflammatory conditions. Other Defcort Oral Susp 30ml uses include the treatment of autoimmune diseases (such as systemic lupus erythematosus, autoimmune hepatitis and sarcoidosis), joint and muscle diseases, asthma, blood disorders, and diseases of the skin, kidney, heart, digestive system, and eyes. Defcort Oral Susp 30ml is also used to suppress the immune system in patients who have undergone organ transplantation....Read more
Contraindications of Defcort Oral Susp 30ml
- Allergy or hypersensitivity to Defcort Oral Susp 30ml
- Recently received a live vaccine.
- Infection that has spread to the entire body (systemic infection) and is not under treatment.
Side effects of Defcort Oral Susp 30ml
- Some of the common Defcort Oral Susp 30ml side effects include weight gain, increased thirst and increased frequency of urination. The other side effects are high blood pressure, tuberculosis, muscular weakness, skin problems like acne, easy bruising and stretch marks, increased chances of getting an infection, irregular periods, difficulty in swallowing and white patches inside the mouth, headache and fits, eye problems like cataract and increased pressure inside the eye, restricted growth in children and teenagers....Read more
- It can also lead to serious mental health problems like depression, suicidal tendencies, mood changes and anxiety.
Precautions and Warnings of Defcort Oral Susp 30ml
Can I take Defcort Oral Susp 30ml during pregnancy?
Avoid Defcort Oral Susp 30ml use during pregnancy because it can cross the placenta and can affect the developing baby. If you are on Defcort Oral Susp 30ml and become pregnant, do not stop this medicine abruptly on your own. Consult your doctor immediately.
Can I take Defcort Oral Susp 30ml while breastfeeding?
It is not safe to use this medicine if you are breastfeeding because it can pass into human breast milk and can the growth of the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Defcort Oral Susp 30ml?
Defcort Oral Susp 30ml will not affect your driving ability. But avoid it if it causes dizziness or spinning of the head (vertigo).
Can I consume alcohol with Defcort Oral Susp 30ml?
There are no known interactions with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Take the medication regularly and make sure not to miss any dose.
- This medicine should never be stopped abruptly.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of depression, mania, fits, diabetes, high blood pressure, eye problems, stomach ulcers or tuberculosis.
Mode of Action of Defcort Oral Susp 30ml
How Does It Work?
Defcort Oral Susp 30ml interferes with the release of certain inflammation-inducing chemicals (steroids) in the body. Hence the main action of Defcort Oral Susp 30ml is to reduce inflammation and alle
rgies and to control autoimmune reactions (where the body's own tissues are interpreted as foreign and autoantibodies are produced against them)....
Directions for Use of Defcort Oral Susp 30ml
- Defcort Oral Susp 30ml is a suspension (liquid) to be taken by mouth. Take it at around the same time every day. Shake the bottle well before each use.
Interactions of Defcort Oral Susp 30ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Blood pressure medicines such as bACE inhibitors, calcium-channel blockers and ?-blockers,
- anti-diabetic medicines
- Inform your doctor if you have taken any vaccine recently.
Interactions with food items
- Do not mix with grape juice.
Other general Interactions
There is no relevant information for this product.
Storage and disposal of Defcort Oral Susp 30ml
Keep the liquid in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from moisture. Dispose of the unused liquid after 1 month.
Dosage of Defcort Oral Susp 30ml
- Inform your doctor immediately in case of an overdose.
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose take it as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose and do not take an extra dose of medicine to compensate for the missed Defcort Oral Susp 30ml dosage.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What special precautions should I follow before taking Defcort Oral Susp 30ml?
A: Before taking the syrup, tell your doctor if you are allergic to it or to any of its ingredients. Tell your doctor if you are allergic to other medications, and also about all the medications that you are taking or plan to take in the future.
Q: How should this medicine be used?
- Defcort Oral Susp 30ml is a syrup and is to be taken by mouth as prescribed by the physician.
Q: What should I do in case of an adverse reaction?
A: Inform your doctor as soon as possible. He may need to change the dose. Also, inform your doctor if your symptoms worsen.
Q: What should I do if I forget to take a dose?
A: Take a missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose and do not take an extra dose.
Q: What other information should I have while taking Defcort Oral Susp 30ml?
- Do not miss an appointment with your doctor.
- Before getting a laboratory test done, tell your doctor and the laboratory personnel that you are taking Defcort Oral Susp 30ml
- Do not let anyone else take your medication.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 01:20 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved