Defcort 30mg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
5 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Defcort 30 Tablet contains a steroid known as Deflazacort. It is used for managing various conditions associated with asthma, arthritis, other allergic and inflammatory conditions. It reduces inflammation and allergy and improves the immune system. Caution is advised in persons having gastrointestinal disorders and diabetes. You should not take Defcort 30 Tablet exactly in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. Also, inform your doctor of a detailed medical history of health condition including pregnancy or planning a pregnancy, breastfeeding. Tell about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Defcort 30mg Tablet
- Defcort 30 Tablet is used in asthma, rheumatoid arthritis and various allergic & inflammatory conditions.
Contraindications of Defcort 30mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are having or recently had any vaccination with a live vaccine.
- If you have an untreated or undertreated infection.
Side effects of Defcort 30mg Tablet
- Swelling of hands, feet, ankles, face
- Weight gain
- Increased blood glucose
- Increased hunger
- Increased risk of getting infections
- Irregular periods
- Mood changes - irritability, suicidal thoughts
- Acne, hair growth on the face
- Allergic reactions like itching, hives, rashes (urticaria)
Precautions and Warnings of Defcort 30mg Tablet
Can I take Defcort 30 Tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine may cause abnormalities in the foetus. However, your doctor may prescribe you this medicine if necessary after accessing benefits to the mother and child outweigh the risks.
Can I take Defcort 30 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, as Corticosteroids pass in breast milk and may harm your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Defcort 30 Tablet?
This medicine can cause dizziness or spinning of the head (vertigo). If you experience any of these side effects, caution is advised while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Defcort 30 Tablet?
No information is available on the interaction of this medicine when taken with alcohol, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of depression or mania or a family history of mental illness.
- You have fits.
- You have any underlying medical condition like diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney, liver or heart disease, stomach ulcers, overactive thyroid, muscle weakness, weak or brittle bones or tuberculosis etc.read less
- You have a tumour of adrenal gland tissue (pheochromocytoma).
- You have an infection in your eye due to herpes simplex virus (Ocular herpes).
- You have irregular menses.
- Anyone in your family has chickenpox, measles and you have never had it earlier. You could be seriously affected.
- You are going to take any vaccine.
Mode of Action of Defcort 30mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Corticosteroids are present naturally in the body, taking extra Corticosteroid like Deflazacort helps to treat various diseases involving inflammation. Deflazacort controls inflammation and helps in reducing allergies and autoimmune reactions.
Directions for Use of Defcort 30mg Tablet
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, with or without food.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Defcort 30mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way defcort works or defcort itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking anti-diabetic medicines, anti-epileptic medicines like Phenytoin or Carbamazepine, Painkillers like aspirin, anti-fungal medicines like ketoconazole, blood thinners like warfarin, anti-tuberculosis medicines like Rifampicin, medicines used for breathing-related disorders like Salbutamol and Theophylline etc.read less
- Try to keep a gap of at least two hours between defcort and antacids.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Defcort 30mg Tablet
- Store the medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Defcort 30mg Tablet
- If you think you have taken too many Defcort tablets, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Defcort 30 Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: In the past, I had a blood clot problem. Is this medicine safe to use?
A: Before you start taking this medication, you need to tell your doctor if you have any problem with your blood vessels like blood clots. The doctor may change the dose or may suggest an alternate for this medicine or monitor your blood reports more closely.
Q: Can I stop taking Defcort 30 Tablet on my own as I feel that I have recovered?
- No, you must not stop taking this medicine on your own, even if you are feeling fine.
- Please discuss with your doctor as he/ she shall decrease your dose gradually over a few weeks.
- Stopping the treatment abruptly can lead to severe consequences like high temperature, joint pain, itching, vomiting, headaches, dizziness, diarrhoea.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 27 Mar 2021 | 07:20 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved