Darif 7.5mg Tablet
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Darif 7.5mg Tablet contains Darifenacin, which is used in the overactive bladder where the patient has a strong feeling to urinate with leakage of urine (urge urinary incontinence), strong feeling to urinate immediately (urgency) and to urinate often (increased frequency). It works by relaxing the bladder. It is to be taken with or without food. Swallow it as a whole with an adequate amount of water.
Uses of Darif 7.5mg Tablet
Darif 7.5mg Tablet is used to treat overactive bladder with symptoms of strong feeling to urinate with leakage of urine (urge urinary incontinence), strong feeling to urinate immediately (urgency), urinating often (increase frequency).
Contraindications of Darif 7.5mg Tablet
- If you are not able to empty your bladder.
- If your stomach emptying is slow or delayed.
- If you have an eye problem called uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma where there is a sudden rise in eye pressure.
Side effects of Darif 7.5mg Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Blurring of vision
- Nausea or Acidity
- Pain in the abdomen
- Infection of urinary tract
- Swelling of airways resulting in breathing difficulty
Precautions and Warnings of Darif 7.5mg Tablet
Can I take Darif 7.5mg Tablet during pregnancy?
- Components of this medicine are known to be harmful to the foetus. Thus, it should be avoided in pregnant women.
- If you become pregnant while on the treatment with this medicine, then immediately inform your doctor.
Can I take Darif 7.5mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available on the use of this medicine in lactating women. However, as a component of this medicine is known to be excreted in milk, this medicine should be avoided if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Darif 7.5mg Tablet?
This medicine may cause dizziness and blurring of vision. Therefore, avoid driving while on this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Darif 7.5mg Tablet?
Drinking alcohol increases symptoms of overactive bladder, a condition for which this medicine is used. Therefore, drinking alcohol should be avoided while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have difficulty emptying your bladder.
- You have liver disease.
- You have stomach or bowel problems or constipation.
- Your eye pressure is high.
- You have swelling of face, tongue, lips and/or swelling of the upper airway.
- You have headaches, sleepiness, confusion or unusual perception.
Mode of Action of Darif 7.5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Darifenacin works by relaxing bladder muscle, which will help to control the symptoms of overactive bladder, such as a strong feeling of urination, urine leakage and urine urgency.
Directions for Use of Darif 7.5mg Tablet
Darif 7.5mg Tablet should be swallowed whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Darif 7.5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Dosage of this medicine is to be kept minimal when taken together with other medicines such as Ketoconazole, Itraconazole, Ritonavir, Nelfinavir, Clarithromycin and Nefazodone.
- Taking this medicine with other medicines from an anticholinergic group of medicines increases the side effects of this medicine, such as dry mouth, constipation, blurring of vision.
Storage and disposal of Darif 7.5mg Tablet
- Store at 15°c to 30°c, away from light in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Darif 7.5mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose include blurred vision, dry mouth, etc. If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Darif 7.5mg Tablet?
A: Darif 7.5mg Tablet is used to treat overactive bladder with symptoms of a strong feeling to urinate with leakage of urine (urge urinary incontinence), strong feeling to urinate immediately (urgency), to urinate often (increased frequency).
Q: How Darif 7.5mg Tablet works?
- Darif 7.5mg Tablet works by relaxation of the bladder muscle.
Q: Does Darif 7.5mg Tablet cause loose motions?
A: Darif 7.5mg Tablet intake does not cause loose motions. In contrast, it causes constipation as a side effect.
Q: Does Darif 7.5mg Tablet cause edema?
A: Darif 7.5mg Tablet causes oedema of extremities but it is less common.
Last Updated on: 08 Nov 2020 | 12:16 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Flat Rs. 150 off on Urban Company Disinfection Services
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved