Cymet Er 50mg Tablet
By SYSTOPIC LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
This medicine belongs to the class of medicine known as beta blockers that are used for the control and regulation of chest pain and elevated blood pressure. The generic name of Cymet Er 50mg Tab is metoprolol.
Uses of Cymet Er 50mg Tab
- Chest pain (angina)
- Heart failure
- High blood pressure
- Heart attacks
- Kidney problems
Contraindications of Cymet Er 50mg Tab
- Severe liver disease
- Asthma or other respiratory issues
- Allergic reaction to this medicine or other beta blockers
- Heart problems like heart blocks
- Untreated heart failure
- Slow heart rate or low blood pressure
Side effects of Cymet Er 50mg Tab
- The usual side effects of Cymet Er 50mg Tab are fatigue, sleeplessness, headache, shortness of breath, dizziness, diarrhoea, constipation, stomach pain, visual problems, drowsiness and ataxia
- The severe side effects of this medicine are sexual dysfunction, diabetes, excessive slowing of the heart rate and worsening of heart failure
Precautions and Warnings of Cymet Er 50mg Tab
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
This medicine should only be taken during pregnancy if it is prescribed by a physician. There should be a thorough discussion of the adverse effects and benefits of this medicine with your physician prior treatment.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
This medicine should not be taken during breastfeeding as it may pass into breastmilk. The infant would need a close monitoring if this medicine had to be given during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
One should be cautious while driving as administration of this medicine may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive in any case if you feel any of these symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
Consuming alcohol along with this medicine may cause an increase in sleepiness or a drop in blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have diabetes (as this medicine may cause low blood sugar and change body's response to low blood sugar)
- You have heart problems and muscle weakness
- You have kidney or liver problems
- You have asthma or COPD
- You have heart conduction disorder
- You have Prinzmetal's angina (a type of chest pain)
Mode of Action of Cymet Er 50mg Tab
How Does It Work?
The composition of Cymet Er 50mg Tab relaxes the blood vessels and slow down the heart rate. This makes the heart pump blood easily.
Directions for Use of Cymet Er 50mg Tab
The medicine should be taken with a meal or just after the meal in the exact dose as prescribed by the physician, preferably at the same time each day.
Interactions of Cymet Er 50mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Phenobarbital (treatment of fits)
- Amlodipine (treatment of heart problems)
- Diclofenac (treatment of pain and fever)
- Antipsychotic medicine
- Antiretroviral like ritonavir
- Antihistamines like diphenhydramine
- Anti-malaria medicines like hydroxychloroquine
- Medicines to treat any fungal infection
Interactions with food items
Apple, grapefruit and orange juice should be avoided during the prescribed period of this medicine as this medicine interacts with them.
Other general Interactions
- Brady arrhythmia/AV block
- Cardiogenic shock/hypotension
- Ischemic heart disease
- Liver disease
- Cerebrovascular insufficiency
- Hyperthyroidism PKs
- Myasthenia gravis
Storage and disposal of Cymet Er 50mg Tab
This medicine should be stored at room temperature far from direct sunlight, moisture, heat and children's reach. Standard waste management protocols needs to be adhered in the correct disposal of this medicine.
Dosage of Cymet Er 50mg Tab
Overdose of Cymet Er 50mg Tab may lead to lethargy, breathing disorders, wheezing (whistle-like sound from the chest), missing heartbeat, excessive slowing of heartbeats, swelling of the hands, feet, ankles or lower legs, shakiness, dizziness, sweating or confusion, blurred vision, headache, pale colour, numbness or tingling of the mouth, etc. Seek urgent medical care in case of an overdose.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as possible or skip the dose if it is time for the next dose. Never take double doses to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Cymet Er 50mg Tab on my own?
A: You should never stop taking this medicine without your doctor's consultation. Abruptly stopping a beta blocker medicine may cause serious side effects like chest pain, irregular heartbeat or heart attack.
Q: What special precautions should I follow while I am on this medication?
A: Inform your doctor if you experience side effects such as dizziness, syncope, vision problem, sexual dysfunction and slowing of heart rate after its administration. The doctor will modify the dose according to your blood pressure, heart rate and concentration of medicine in the serum.
- electronic Medicines Compendium (eMC). Package leaflet: information for the user. Metoprolol tartrate 50 mg film-coated tablets. Metoprolol tartrate 100 mg film-coated tablets. Metoprolol tartrate.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Metoprolol.
- Drugs.com. Metropolol.
- MedlinePlus. Metropolol.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 12:52 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved