Cymet Er 25mg Tablet
By SYSTOPIC LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cymet Er Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and various other heart-related conditions such as angina (chest pain), heart failure, preventing further complications. It contains metoprolol as its active ingredient that acts by relaxing the blood vessels, reducing the load on the heart and decreasing blood pressure. Cymet Er Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not abruptly stop taking the medicine. This tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the Cymet Er Tablet....
|You Save||₹3.60 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||High blood pressure, angina (chest pain), prevent heart attack and migraine|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, dizziness, headache, low blood pressure|
Check more medicines with composition as Metoprolol(25.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Cymet Er 25mg Tablet
Uses of Cymet Er 25 MG
Cymet Er Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure mainly, along with certain heart conditions such as angina (chest pain) and heart failure. Decreased blood pressure helps prevent other conditions like stroke, heart attack and migraine....
Contraindications of Cymet Er 25 MG
- If you are allergic to metoprolol or other ingredients of Cymet Er Tablet.
- If you have a heart condition such as heart block, uncontrolled heart failure.
- If you have asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) or lung condition.
- If you have low blood pressure, diabetes, renal or liver disease, a decreased heart rate.
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance, acid-base imbalance.
- If you are taking medication like verapamil, diltiazem, disopyramide (heart medicine).
Side effects of Cymet Er 25 MG
- Stomach pain
- A sudden drop in blood pressure when you stand from a seated or lying down position (orthodynamic hypotension)
Precautions and Warnings of Cymet Er 25 MG
Can I take Cymet Er Tablet during pregnancy?
Cymet Er Tablet is not recommended during pregnancy unless prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor about the pregnancy and also if you think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Cymet Er Tablet while breastfeeding?
Metoprolol passes into the breastmilk in low amounts, thus consult your doctor before using the Cymet Er Tablet while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cymet Er Tablet?
Cymet Er Tablet can make you feel dizzy or sleepy. Hence, be cautious while driving after taking this medicine
Can I consume alcohol with Cymet Er Tablet?
Do not consume alcohol with the Cymet Er Tablet as it may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience an allergic reaction after taking the Cymet Er Tablet.
- You have medical conditions such as diabetes, heart conditions, liver or kidney disease.
- You have respiratory conditions like asthma, obstructive lungs disease (COPD).
- You are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding.
- You have a tumour of the adrenal gland tissue (Pheochromocytoma).
- You have an overactive thyroid (a condition when the thyroid gland produces too much of the thyroxine hormone).
- You are suffering from a type of skin disease psoriasis.
- You have circulation related problems in the toes, arm, legs or fingers.
- You are suffering from a type of chest pain (Prinzmetal’s angina).
- You recently had a heart attack, chest pain or heart surgery.
- Cymet Er Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Cymet Er 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Cymet Er Tablet works by relaxing the blood vessels, slowing down the heart rate. By doing this, it reduces the workload on the heart of pumping the blood effectively.
Directions for Use of Cymet Er 25 MG
Cymet Er Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Cymet Er 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Cymet Er works or this medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for a brain-related disorder....
Storage and disposal of Cymet Er 25 MG
- Store Cymet Er Tablets below 25°C. Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Cymet Er 25 MG
Excess of Cymet Er Tablet may cause decreased heart rate, low blood pressure, nausea, vomiting and coma. If you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
Take a dose as soon as you remember you have missed a dose. However, if you are close to the next dose, do not take the missed dose. Try to follow the Cymet Er Tablet dosage regimen regularly. Do not take extra doses of the medicine to make up for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Cymet Er Tablet a beta-blocker?
A: Yes, Cymet Er Tablet is a selective beta-blocker, which is specific to the heart muscles.
Q: Can I stop taking Cymet Er if my blood pressure level comes in control?
A: Keep taking Cymet Er for as long as advised by your doctor. Even if you feel well, do not stop this medicine on your own. Abrupt discontinuation can worsen the condition.
Q: Is Cymet Er blood thinner?
A: No, the Cymet Er is not a blood thinner. It works by relaxing the blood vessels, slowing down the heart rate. By doing this, it reduces the workload on the heart of pumping the blood effectively.
- Metoprolol film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- METOPROLOL SUCCINATE- metoprolol succinate ER tablets tablet, film coated, extended release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Lactmed - Metoprolol [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Metoprolol film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.