Cyclofas 40mg Inj 2ml
By INDOCO REMEDIES LTD
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
Cyclofas 40mg Inj 2ml contains Drotaverine, a medicine that helps in spasm related painful conditions.
Uses of Cyclofas 40mg Inj 2ml
This medicine is used in stomach and abdominal pain, cramps, spasms and menstrual pain.
Contraindications of Cyclofas 40mg Inj 2ml
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have liver, kidney or heart-related problem
- If you are suffering from a blood disorder called porphyria
- If you are breastfeeding a baby
- This medicine is not recommended to be used in children below 12 years of age
Side effects of Cyclofas 40mg Inj 2ml
- Spinning of head
- Dry mouth
- Pain and swelling at the injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Cyclofas 40mg Inj 2ml
Can I take Cyclofas 40mg Inj 2ml during pregnancy?
This injection should not be given to pregnant women as there is limited information available on its safety during pregnancy.
Can I take Cyclofas 40mg Inj 2ml while breastfeeding?
This medicine is not recommended to be used by breastfeeding women.
Can I drive if I have taken Cyclofas 40mg Inj 2ml?
After taking this medicine, you may feel dizziness. So, it is advised to be cautious before driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Cyclofas 40mg Inj 2ml?
There is limited information on the interaction of this medicine with alcohol. Yet, it is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment as it can worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If your liver and kidneys are not functioning properly
- If you have any heart-related disease or heart blockage
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have a low blood pressure problem
Mode of Action of Cyclofas 40mg Inj 2ml
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by inhibiting the action of an enzyme phosphodiesterase. This leads to relaxation of smooth muscle and dilation of blood vessels. Therefore, it provides relief from spasm and pain.
Directions for Use of Cyclofas 40mg Inj 2ml
- This injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Follow any instructions suggested by doctor or nurse during the procedure or for after care.
Interactions of Cyclofas 40mg Inj 2ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease like levodopa may not work properly if taken along with this medicine and you may experience shakiness, disbalance and rigidity.
- Other medicines like pain killers, medicines used to treat bladder problems and medicines used to calm the mind or relax the body like Alprazolam and Diazepam in mental disorders should be used cautiously.read less
Storage and disposal of Cyclofas 40mg Inj 2ml
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
- Store it under the conditions mentioned on the pack
Dosage of Cyclofas 40mg Inj 2ml
This injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely to get an overdose of this medicine. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this injection, seek medical help.
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse as to when the medicine should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long should I take this injection?
A: You should take this medicine for the treatment as prescribed by the doctor.
Q: Any special warning of this medicine I should be aware of?
A: This medicine should not be used by a patient with any kind heart blockage (AV block), liver or kidney disease.
Q: When is this injection given?
A: It is given if the patient is not able to take medicines by oral route or in case of severe pain when immediate relief is needed.
Q: What to do when stomach pains even after taking this injection?
A: Consult your doctor to find out the cause of your stomach pain. There can be several reasons for stomach pain ranging from infections, food poisoning, menses, allergies, ulcer etc. Your doctor may evaluate and treat you accordingly. Do not self-medicate.
Q: What is use of Cyclofas 40mg Inj 2ml?
A: This is is used to relief pain due to spasms and other severe painful conditions.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved