By SYNCOM FORMULATIONS INDIA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
CTZ Tablet is an anti-allergic medicine. It contains Cetirizine as its active ingredient. Ctz Tablet provides relief from various allergic conditions such as a runny or blocked nose, watery eyes, fever, rash, sinus and the common cold. This medicine blocks the release of histamine, a natural chemical substance known to cause the allergic condition. Take the CTZ Tablet as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine even if you start feeling better, as it may result in treatment failure. This medicine should not be used in children below 6 years of age and also in patients with severe kidney problems.
Uses of Ctz Tablet
CTZ Tablet is used to treat allergic conditions such as dust or pet allergies characterised by sneezing, itchy, a runny or blocked nose, red and watery eyes, swelling, redness and itchiness of the skin, insect bite and hives.
Contraindications of Ctz Tablet
- If you are allergic to Cetirizine, Hydroxyzine or any other components of CTZ Tablet.
- If you have severe kidney disease.
Side effects of Ctz Tablet
- Sleepiness, drowsiness
- Swelling and irritation inside the nose (rhinitis)
- Dry mouth
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Ctz Tablet
Can I take the CTZ Tablet during pregnancy?
It is recommended not to take the CTZ Tablet unless it is advised by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Can I take the CTZ Tablet while breastfeeding?
CTZ Tablet passes into breast milk; therefore, it is advised not to take this medicine while breastfeeding, unless it is prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed the CTZ Tablet?
CTZ Tablet is known to cause sleepiness, dizziness. If you experience these symptoms you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with CTZ Tablet?
You should avoid alcohol consumption along with CTZ Tablet as it may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a kidney problem.
- You have bladder problems; this medicine can increase the risk of urinary retention.
- You have a history of fits (epilepsy).
- CTZ Tablet should not be used in children below 6 years of age.
Mode of Action of Ctz Tablet
How Does It Work?
CTZ Tablet works by blocking the release of histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Ctz Tablet
CTZ Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ctz Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- The effectiveness of the CTZ Tablet may increase or decrease when other medicines are taken at the same time.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Ctz Tablet
- Store it at a temperature below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ctz Tablet
- An overdose may cause tiredness, headache, confusion, dizziness, discomfort, skin irritation, restlessness, drowsiness, rapid heartbeats, tremor and urinary retention.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions I need to take while on medication of the CTZ Tablet?
- Yes, CTZ Tablet is known to cause sleepiness or drowsiness, hence never drive or do any activity like operating machinery after taking this medicine.
- If you develop any rash, difficulty in breathing or itching immediately after taking this medicine, it could be a severe side effect, immediately seek medical help.
Q: Are CTZ Tablet and Cetirizine the same?
A: Yes, they both are the same. CTZ Tablet contains Cetirizine as its active ingredient.
Q: Is the CTZ Tablet safe during pregnancy?
A: There is limited information available about the effects of CTZ Tablet during pregnancy. Thus, it is recommended to use only if it is prescribed by your doctor after assessing the need and benefits. Do not self-medicate.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 08 Mar 2021 | 10:12 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Upto Rs.300 Cashback on ICICI Debit & Credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved