Crestor 10mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
By ASTRAZENECA PHARMA INDIA LTD
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Crestor 10mg 30'S is a hypolipidemic medicine that belongs to the statin class of medicines, which decreases the bad cholesterol and increase the good cholesterol levels in the body. The generic name of the medicine is rosuvastatin.
Uses of Crestor 10mg 30'S
The uses of Crestor 10mg 30'S are in the treatment/control of high cholesterol levels (hypercholesterolemia), hyperlipidaemia (an excessive build-up of lipid fats in the body) and hypertriglyceridemia (a condition of having increased triglycerides levels in the body) along with the prevention and decrease of the chances of getting a stroke due to blockage.
Contraindications of Crestor 10mg 30'S
- Liver (jaundice or hepatitis) or kidney problems
- Abnormal liver tests
- Breastfeeding women
- Allergic to rosuvastatin or the medicines of statin group
- Severe alcohol addiction
- When taking medicines such as cyclosporine and fusidic acid
Side effects of Crestor 10mg 30'S
- The common side effects of Crestor 10mg 30'S include abdominal pain, nausea, constipation, headache, heartburn and dizziness. Other side effects include jaundice and elevated liver enzymes (the liver should be properly monitored via regular check-ups)read less
- Critical side effects of the medicine are myopathy (characterised by fever, muscle pain and lethargy) and abnormal muscle breakdown (rhabdomyolysis)
Precautions and Warnings of Crestor 10mg 30'S
Can I take Crestor 10mg 30'S during pregnancy?
The use of the medicine during pregnancy harms the foetus; hence, it must not be consumed throughout the period of pregnancy or if you are planning to start a family. The use of effective contraceptive by women of childbearing age is essential during the prescription of this medicine.
Can I take Crestor 10mg 30'S while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes via breastmilk to the infant and may harm the infant; hence, it must not be consumed during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Crestor 10mg 30'S?
Yes, you can drive even if you have consumed this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Crestor 10mg 30'S?
Consumption of alcohol during the prescription of the medicine can lead to liver damage. So, it is better to avoid alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
You have kidney or liver ailments and muscles pain, a family history of muscle problems along with any history of muscular problems during treatment with cholesterol-lowering medicines, consume alcohol daily, or have consumed fusidic acid (a medicine used in case of bacterial infection) within the last seven days.
Mode of Action of Crestor 10mg 30'S
How Does It Work?
The composition of Crestor 10mg 30'S inhibits/regulates the activity of the enzyme, HMG-CoA reductase, responsible for the production of cholesterol. Thus, it causes a reduction in the levels of cholesterol and bad cholesterol (low density lipoprotein) and also an increase in the levels of good cholesterol (high density lipoprotein).
Directions for Use of Crestor 10mg 30'S
Crestor 10mg 30'S has to be consumed orally as per the dosage prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Crestor 10mg 30'S
Interactions with other medicines
- The administration of this medicine poses a high risk of myopathy when it is taken along with other lipid-lowering agents
- The medicine must be consumed in lowest possible dosages when consumed along with amiodarone, diltiazem or verapamil
- Cyclosporine, warfarin, oral contraceptive pills, itraconazole, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin and HIV protease inhibitors interact with the medicine, thereby reducing the level of statinsread less
- Antacids like aluminium hydroxide must not be taken within two hours of consuming the medicine
- It should not be taken along with or after the intake of fusidic acid (a gap of at least seven days); this might result in muscle breakdown
Interactions with food items
A limited quantity of grapefruit juice must be consumed along with this medicine. A low-fat diet is recommended to achieve the desired efficacy of this medicine.
Other general Interactions
Individuals with a history of muscular breakdown are advised to consult a doctor before taking up the prescription as the medicine is known to cause muscle-related side effects, which can further degrade the condition. Also, individuals with liver and kidneys' disorders should also inform the doctor prior to the treatment and discuss an alternative medicine for their respective conditions.
Storage and disposal of Crestor 10mg 30'S
The medicine needs to be stored at room temperature far away from any source of direct sunlight or moisture and reach of children. It should not be used after the expiry date and should be discarded via proper methods advised by a pharmacist.
Dosage of Crestor 10mg 30'S
An overdose of the medicine might result in its usual side effects like headache, stomach ache, dizziness, jaundice and elevated liver enzymes.
Missed a Dose
The missed dose should be taken immediately as soon as you recall it. But do not double the dose in order to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does the medicine takes to show its effects?
A: This medicine takes about two to four weeks to demonstrate a reduction in the levels of bad cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein).
Q: What all precautions are to be followed before the consumption of the medicine?
A: One should refrain from the intake of high-fat food and exercise regularly to achieve the desired results from the treatment with this medicine.
- electronic Medicines Compendium (eMC). Package leaflet: information for the user. Crestor® 5 mg film-coated tablets. Crestor® 10 mg film-coated tablets. Crestor® 20 mg film-coated tablets. Crestor® 40 mg film-coated tablets. Rosuvastatin.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Rosuvastatin.
- Label: Rosuvastatin – rosuvastatin calcium tablet, film coated.
- MedlinePlus. Rosuvastatin.
- U.S. National Library of Medicine. National Center for Biotechnology Information. PubChem. Rosuvastatin.
- Ahai Luvai, et al. Rosuvastatin: a review of the pharmacology and clinical effectiveness in cardiovascular disease. 2012.
Last Updated on: 11 Oct 2019 | 09:56 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved