Cosart 25mg Tablet
Cosart 25 MG Description
Cosart 25 tablet is an antihypertensive medicine. It is used to manage high blood pressure in adults and children aged 6 to 18 years. It also helps to reduce other heart problems. Cosart 25 tablet co
ntains losartan as the active substance. It works by relaxing the blood vessels which helps to lower blood pressure. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended by your doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before starting Cosart 25 tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, breastfeeding, and about your complete medical history. Along with taking this medicine, it is recommended to make certain lifestyle changes like eating a balanced diet, reducing salt intake, exercising regularly, and avoiding smoking and alcohol for better control of your blood pressure levels.
- Losakind 25mg TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 26.62₹ 22.6312% CHEAPER₹ 2.26/Tablet
- Zilos 25mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 21.18₹ 21.1818% CHEAPER₹ 2.12/Tablet
- Losanorm 25mg TabletBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 36.15₹ 30.73₹ 3.07/Tablet
- Lostat 25mg TabletBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 34.00₹ 34.00₹ 3.4/Tablet
- Giftan 25mg TabletBy Systopic Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 18.00₹ 15.3040% CHEAPER₹ 1.53/Tablet
- Omnitan 25mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 61.60₹ 52.36₹ 3.49/Tablet
- Lorsave 25mg Tablet 15'sBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 56.27₹ 41.08₹ 2.74/Tablet
- Losar 25mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 75.85₹ 64.47₹ 4.3/Tablet
- Repace 25mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 45.00₹ 38.25₹ 3.83/Tablet
- Covance 25mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 45.00₹ 38.25₹ 3.83/Tablet
Uses of Cosart 25 MG
Contraindications of Cosart 25 MG
- If you are allergic to losartan or any other ingredients of Cosart 25 tablet.
- If you are more than 3 months pregnant.
- If you have liver disorders.
- If you have diabetes or kidney disorders and are being treated with a medicine containing aliskiren. If you are not sure what this medicine is, please confirm with your doctor.
Side effects of Cosart 25 MG
- Increased blood potassium levels
Precautions and Warnings of Cosart 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You ever had angioedema (swelling of the face, lips, throat, or tongue).
- You have vomiting or diarrhoea.
- Your blood vessels leading to your kidneys are narrow or had a kidney transplant.
- You are taking medicines like diuretics.
- You have a liver problem.
- You are suffering from heart failure or any heart disease.
- You are diabetic and taking medicines like enalapril, lisinopril, and ramipril.
Mode of Action of Cosart 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cosart 25 MG
- Cosart 25 tablet should be taken exactly as recommended by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not crush, break, or chew the medicine.
- Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Cosart 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way how Cosart 25 tablet works or this medicine itself might affect the working of other medicines.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, herbals, or supplements that you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are on certain medications like blood thinners (warfarin or heparin), anti-cancer medicines, antidepressants like lithium, potassium supplements or medicines containing potassium, other antihypertensives like water pills (furosemide), medicines for heart-related disorders like digoxin, etc....
- If you have diabetes, do not take aliskiren along with this medicine.
- Concomitant use of Cosart 25 tablet and painkillers should be avoided as it may impair kidney function.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are antibacterial medicines such as trimethoprim, corticosteroids used to treat the inflamed area of body parts, etc.
Storage and disposal of Cosart 25 MG
- Store Cosart 25 tablet below 25°C protected from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cosart 25 MG
- Overdose symptoms of Cosart 25 tablet include dizziness, increased levels of potassium in the blood, and loss of consciousness.
- Seek emergency medical help if you experience any of the side effects or think you have taken an excess of the medicine.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Cosart 25 tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare professional before I start treatment with Cosart 25 tablet?
- You must give an account of your past and present diseases, especially diabetes, and all the ongoing medications, supplements, and herbal medicines that you are taking.
- If you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- If you had any surgery recently.
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions to be followed when I am taking Cosart 25 tablet?
- Avoid high potassium-containing foods (spinach, banana, peas, kidney beans).
- Low-salt diet is preferred.
- Avoid fruits, foods, and health supplements with a high potassium content.
Q: Why is Cosart 25 tablet given?
Q: When to take Cosart 25?
Q: Can I take Cosart 25 with other medicines?
Q: What is Cosart 25 used for?
- Cozaar 100mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 October 2022]
- Cozaar 100mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 October 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 12 October 2022]