Cordarone Injection 3ml
Cordarone 150 MG Description
Setmax 100 mg tablet is an antidepressant used to treat major depressive disorders (depression). It has been found beneficial in relieving symptoms of anxiety illnesses like OCD (obsessive-compulsive
disorder) and panic disorders. It has also been used to treat symptoms of PMMD (premenstrual dysphoric disorder) and PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). Setmax 100 mg tablet has Sertraline as its active ingredient, which belongs to a class of medicines called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI). It increases the levels of a natural chemical messenger(serotonin) in the brain, thereby improving your mood, relieving anxiety and increasing your energy level. Obsessive-compulsive disorder is characterised by excessive thoughts leading to repetitive behaviour. A panic attack is a sudden episode of intense fear even when there is no apparent cause or real danger. Setmax 100 mg tablet is a prescription medicine. The dose and duration of Setmax 100 mg tablet are decided by your doctor after he has confirmed that you are suffering from any of the above-mentioned illnesses. The common side effects of the tablet are nausea, diarrhoea (loose stools), decreased appetite, dyspepsia (indigestion), tremors, decreased libido and ejaculation problems. Do not stop the medicine abruptly or skip the doses. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or a lactating mother. The doctor should also be informed about concurrent use of any other medications (prescription/non-prescription medicines, herbal supplements and vitamins) or any medical health condition you are suffering from.
|You Save||₹49.32 (11% on MRP)|
|Uses||Major depressive disorder, Post-traumatic stress disorder, Social anxiety disorder, OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder), Premenstrual dysphoric disorder|
|Side effects||Nausea, Diarrhoea (loose stools), Decreased appetite, Dyspepsia (indigestion), Tremors, Decreased libido and ejaculation problems|
Uses of Cordarone 150 MG
- Setmax 100 mg tablet is used to treat the following cases:
- Treatment of Major depressive disorder (depression)
- Treatment of OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Treatment of PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder)
- Relieve symptoms of Panic disorders and social anxiety disorders
- Relieve symptoms of PMMD (premenstrual dysphoric disorder)
Contraindications of Cordarone 150 MG
- Setmax 100 mg tablet is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you are allergic to Setmax 100 mg tablet or any of its constituents (If you develop any serious side effects following the consumption of the tablet, like difficulty in breathing or swelling of the face)...
- If you are taking MAO (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) inhibitors like Selegiline, triptans, lithium, Tricyclic antidepressants or tryptophan. There is an increased risk of serotonin syndrome (increased body temperature, flushing, palpitations, labile blood pressure, excessive sweating, loss of consciousness, muscle spasm and dizziness) with concomitant use of the above medicines. Serotonin syndrome can become life-threatening....
- If you have Pimozide (increased risk of arrhythmia; irregular heart rate)
- If you have alcohol (concomitant use of alcohol results in disulfiram-like reaction)
Side effects of Cordarone 150 MG
- Setmax 100 mg tablet has the following side effects:
- Nausea and diarrhoea (loose stools)
- Dyspepsia (indigestion)
- Tremors and increased sweating
- Irritability and agitation
- Insomnia or somnolence
- Ejaculation problems and a decreased libido (sexual drive)
- Dry mouth
- Fatigue and decreased appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Cordarone 150 MG
Other General Warnings
- You develop a severe allergic reaction to the medicine.
- You experience persistent side effects (trouble sleeping, behavioural changes, panic attacks or irritability).
- You have a history of mental illness (depression or bipolar disorder) or fits(seizures) or a history of stroke (paralysis).
- You have kidney or liver, or heart problems.
- You are pregnant or planning to conceive or are a nursing mother.
- You have a history of high blood sugar levels (diabetes).
- You have high blood pressure or low blood sodium levels.
- You want to discontinue the medicine. Sudden stoppage of the medicine should be avoided. The medicine needs to be slowly tapered by your doctor.
- You have a history of alcoholism.
- You use other medicines (prescription medications and non-prescription medicines, including all herbal supplements and vitamins).
Mode of Action of Cordarone 150 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cordarone 150 MG
- Do not start the medicine without consulting a doctor.
- Take the dose and duration of the medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- Take the medicine orally with or without food with a glass of water, preferably at the same time daily.
- Do not abruptly stop the medicine or skip doses.
- Consult your doctor immediately in cases of persistent side effects or serious allergic reactions.
Interactions of Cordarone 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Phenytoin (treats seizures/fits) increases blood levels of phenytoin with concomitant use of Setmax.
- Warfarin, Heparin, and Aspirin (prevent clot formation) increase the risk of bleeding with the concomitant use of Setmax.
Interactions with food items
- Setmax 100 mg tablets can be taken with or without food. Consult your doctor for more information.