Contramal Dt 50mg Tablet
Contramal Dt 50 MG Description
Contramal DT is a prescription medication primarily used to treat and prevent mild to moderate pain. Contramal Tablet contains Tramadol as its active ingredient that relieves pain due to arthritis, h
eadache or lower back pain, etc. Contramal DT belongs to a group of opioid analgesics that are essentially pain killers. Pain is caused due to certain receptors in the body, and it is an unpleasant sensation that can be triggered due to an injury or disease. Contramal Tablets can relieve general or localised pain. Contramal DT is generally given under the supervision of a healthcare provider and should not be self-administered at home. The dosage and frequency of the medication will be decided by the doctor depending on your symptoms and the severity of your condition. Contramal works like other opioids. It blocks pain signals from the brain and reduces pain perception. Some common side effects of the Contramal Tablet include dizziness, sleepiness, vomiting or dry mouth. If any of these side effects get worse or last for a longer time, consult a doctor. Consult your doctor before starting or stopping the medicine or even increasing its dosage.
|You Save||₹13.56 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Mild to moderate pain, chronic pain, pain due to an injury or illness|
|Side effects||Nausea, sweating, vomiting, dizziness, shortness of breath, constipation, sleepiness.|
|Therapy||ANALGESIC FOR SEVERE PAIN|
Uses of Contramal Dt 50 MG
- Treatment of moderate to severe pain
- Treatment of long term (chronic) pain due to a disease or injury
Contraindications of Contramal Dt 50 MG
Side effects of Contramal Dt 50 MG
- Dry Mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Contramal Dt 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are having suicidal thoughts. Contramal tablets can increase the risk of confusion and developing suicidal thoughts. It is necessary to report any change in your thoughts or signs to your doctor.
- You have a prior history of medication dependence. Contramal has a high potential for addiction and can become habit-forming when used for a long time. Your doctor should monitor your behaviour and instil safety precautions to reduce the risk of medicine abuse....
- You have breathing issues. Patients with a history of respiratory disorder should use the medicine with extreme caution since Contramal can increase the risk of worsening the symptoms.
- You experience seizure or convulsion. Contramal toxicity has been associated with an increased risk of seizures.
Mode of Action of Contramal Dt 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Contramal Dt 50 MG
- Always use the Contramal DT when directed by your doctor.
- Read the prescription pamphlet carefully before using it. Talk to your doctor if you are unclear about the instructions.
- The dosage is decided based on the intensity of your pain and pain sensitivity. Generally, a lower pain-relieving dosage is recommended.
- Take this medicine with or without food or as prescribed.
- Take the tablet orally, all at once, with a whole glass of water. Don't crush, break or chew it.
- Do not take more than the recommended or prescribed doses. Talk to your doctor if you feel the currently prescribed dosage isn't relieving your pain effectively.
- Do not abruptly stop taking medicine without consulting your doctor, as it may cause withdrawal symptoms.
Interactions of Contramal Dt 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and non-prescription medications, herbal products, vitamins and nutritional supplements you are taking or plan to take, as there is a chance of medicine Interaction with certain medicine. ...
- Medicines like:
- Warfarin or other anticoagulants (blood thinners),
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs treat depression),
- Antipsychosis (medications to treat psychosis),
- Other painkillers or opioids,
- Carbamazepine (treats epilepsy),
- Buprenorphine (painkiller),
- Ondansetron (prevents nausea and vomiting),
- Rifampicin (antibiotic)
- Medicines used to treat HIV/AIDS.
- These are some of the medicines which may lead to medicine interaction and can cause severe complications.
Interactions with food items
- Food doesn’t influence the effect of Contramal DT. Talk to your doctor about any supplements or herbal drinks you are currently taking before using Contramal.
Storage and disposal of Contramal Dt 50 MG
Dosage of Contramal Dt 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Contramal DT cause withdrawal symptoms?
Q: Can Contramal DT cause epilepsy or fits?
Q: Can Contramal DT be taken along with other antidepressants?
- Tramadol: strong painkiller to treat severe pain [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 20 January 2022]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 20 January 2022]. Available from:
- Tramadol Information [Internet]. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. 2022 [cited 20 January 2022]. Available from:
- Katzung BG. eds. Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14e. McGraw Hill; 2017. Accessed January 19, 2022.