Comtrix O 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Comtrix O 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Comtrix O Tablet tablet is an antibiotic medicine used in treating bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, airways, tonsils, middle ear and cervical/urethral infections. It is also
used to treat typhoid fever. Comtrix O Tablet contains a combination of Cefixime, and Lactobacillus sporogenes. It is advised to complete the entire course of Comtrix O Tablet mg tablet, do not stop taking this medicine even if your symptoms disappear.
|You Save||₹9.24 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cefixime(100.0 Mg) + Lactobacillus Sporogenes(60.0 M)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, indigestion|
Uses of Comtrix O 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Comtrix O Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of ear, nose or sinuses, urinary system, throat infections and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia).
- It is also effective for typhoid (enteric) fever and gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Comtrix O 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Side effects of Comtrix O 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach upset
- Skin itching
- Vaginal discharge
Precautions and Warnings of Comtrix O 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney disease or kidney failure or liver disease.
- You experience skin reactions after taking this medicine.
- You have or had encephalopathy (damage or disease that affects the brain and alters the way the brain works).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a condition where red blood cells get broken down faster than they are formed).
- You experience watery diarrhoea, stomach pain and fever.
Mode of Action of Comtrix O 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Comtrix O Tablet contains cefixime and Lactobacillus sporogenes. It works by inhibiting the growth of the cell walls of bacteria, which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
- Lactobacillus are a gut friendly bacteria, which is often used as a probiotic. It helps in improving digestion and also prevents diarrhoea caused due to use of antibiotics.
Directions for Use of Comtrix O 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Comtrix O Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as directed by your doctor.
- Do not consume it more than the prescribed medicine or for a longer duration.
- Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine and do not discontinue on your own.
Interactions of Comtrix O 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Comtrix O Tablet works or Comtrix O itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- Medicine used as a blood thinner such as warfarin should be used with caution, as it increases the risk of bleeding when used along with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Comtrix O 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store it below 25°C, protected from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Comtrix O 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Comtrix O Tablet for tooth infections?
Q: How many days the Comtrix O Tablet should be taken?
Q: Can we take the Comtrix O Tablet with milk?
Q: Can I take Comtrix O Tablet for fever and cold?
- DailyMed - CEFIXIME capsule [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 3 June 2022]
- Ziprax Tablet [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 3 June 2022]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 3 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 3 June 2022]
- Drugs, H. and Supplements, H., 2022. Bacillus Coagulans: MedlinePlus Supplements. [online] Medlineplus.gov. [Accessed 3 June 2022].