Combiflam Suspension - 60 Ml Bottle
60ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Combiflam Liquid contains Ibuprofen and acetaminophen/paracetamol as its active ingredients both of which provide temporary pain relief. It is used for toothache, muscle ache, joint pain, pain during recovery post-surgery, period pain and headaches like a migraine. It should not be administered in babies aged 3-6 months for more than 24 hours and children between 6 months- 3 years for more than 3 years. It should be used in caution with patients suffering from heart failure as it may cause water built up and swelling in the body. This syrup is not recommended during pregnancy. Long term use of this medicine is dangerous for the kidney and liver.
Uses of Combiflam Suspension - 60 Ml Bottle
To relieve pain associated with conditions like body ache due to a fever, cold- flu-like symptoms and sore throat, headache due to migraine or other reasons, pain during recovery after surgery, dental pain, muscle and /or joint pain; pain due to sprain and strain, backache; pain due to arthritis in the pain due to periods/ menstrual cycle.
Contraindications of Combiflam Suspension - 60 Ml Bottle
- If you are allergic to Ibuprofen and/or paracetamol/acetaminophen.
- If you have allergic reactions like inflammation of the nasal membrane (rhinitis) leading to itchy, watery red eyes and sneezes; red, itchy rash on the skin with swelling (urticaria); asthma; in response to medicines of class non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID's).Read less
- If you are suffering from severe kidney damage due to overconsumption of pain-killers (analgesic kidney impairment).
- If you are suffering from severe kidney damage.
- If you are suffering from severe heart failure (class IV) or have had a recent heart surgery like by-pass.
- If you are suffering or have a history of bleeding, perforation, ulcers in the stomach and digestive tract, which may be caused previously by consumption of painkillers like NSAID's.
- If you are intolerant/ allergic to fructose.
- If you are taking aspirin more than 75mg daily.
- If you are dehydrated.
Side effects of Combiflam Suspension - 60 Ml Bottle
- Nausea, Vomiting
- Stomach pain, loss of appetite
- Diarrhoea, Indigestion
- Drowsiness, dizziness, headache, nervousness
- Difficulty to pass urine, swollen ankles, passing the blood through stools, vomiting (black particles)
- Yellow eyes, skin, nausea, pale stools may indicate liver damage
Precautions and Warnings of Combiflam Suspension - 60 Ml Bottle
Can I take Combiflam Liquid during pregnancy?
It is not recommended to be used during pregnancy especially during the last 3 months of pregnancy as it may have undesirable effects on the developing foetus. Please consult your doctor before use.
Can I take Combiflam Liquid while breastfeeding?
This medicine is not seen to pass into the breastmilk in large quantities, hence this medicine can be safely used while breastfeeding. However, please consult your doctor before use and avoid self-medication.
Can I drive if I have consumed Combiflam Liquid?
It generally does not affect the ability to drive or operate complex machines. But, in some individuals it may cause dizziness, drowsiness and confusion, thus avoid driving if you experience such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Combiflam Liquid?
Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Combiflam Liquid, as the syrup may increase dizziness and drowsiness and eventually lead to liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients in the syrup.
- You have experienced any allergic reaction to Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID's).
- You are suffering from high blood pressure, kidney disease and/or liver diseases.
- You are suffering from heart failure or have undergone surgery related to the heart (by-pass surgery).
- You are suffering from asthma, inflammation to the lungs (bronchitis), damage of the air sacs in the lungs, a condition that causes difficulty in breathing.
- You are on aspirin or other NSAID's, painkillers with a daily dose of more than 75 mg.
- You are suffering from chronic has chronic inflammatory intestinal disease such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease or gastrointestinal bleeding.
- You are planning for pregnancy or are having trouble getting pregnant as this drug may have a negative impact on fertility.
- You are dehydrated.
- You are a diabetic.
- You have high lipid and cholesterol levels.
- You are on oral contraceptive pills, water pills, blood-thinning medicines, medicines for fits, mood disorders, antibiotics to fight infection, medicines used to treat conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and types of cancers, medicines to treat HIV, medicines used to treat inflammatory conditions, medicines used to treat heart failure and other NSAID's.Read less
- You are allergic to fructose.
Mode of Action of Combiflam Suspension - 60 Ml Bottle
How Does It Work?
Combiflam Liquid is a combination of paracetamol/acetaminophen and ibuprofen. Paracetamol/Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen both relieve pain by blocking the production of a chemical substance prostaglandin that is involved in inflammatory reactions in the body and causes pain.
Directions for Use of Combiflam Suspension - 60 Ml Bottle
- Take this syrup as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Combiflam Suspension - 60 Ml Bottle
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Combiflam Liquid is not recommended with water-pills (medicines used to remove excess salt and water from the body), blood-thinning medicines like aspirin/acetylsalicylic acid, warfarin, ticlopidine) as the additive effect of both the medicines have adverse effects.Read less
- Combiflam Liquid should not be used with other Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs(NSAIDs) as it may aggravate the side-effects
- When Combiflam Liquid is used along with medicines used to treat a condition like rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and types of cancers (Methotrexate), it may lead to toxicity of methotrexate due to its increased concentration in the blood, hence it should be strictly avoided.Read less
- This syrup should used in caution with medicines used to treat HIV (Zidovudine), as the combined use of the two has shown to cause a reduction in the bone marrow and red blood cells increasing the risk of bleeding, infection and low haemoglobin.Read less
- The risk of bleeding in the stomach and intestine is increased when Combiflam Liquid is used along with medicines used to treat inflammatory conditions - Corticosteroids (Hydrocortisone). Thus, it is recommended to use this combination with caution.Read less
- This syrup interferes with the working of the medicines used in the treatment of heart failure (Cardiac Glycosidase-Digoxin) thereby increasing the severity of the disease.
- When Combiflam Liquid is administered along with medicine used to suppress the body's immune system (Ciclosporin or Tacrolimus), it may have a poisonous effect on the kidney that may cause kidney damage.Read less
- Combiflam Liquid decreases the effect of the medicines used to medically terminate a pregnancy (mifepristone), thus concomitant use should be done with caution.
- When antibiotics (like ciprofloxacin) used to fight against infections are administered along with this syrup there is an increased risk of fits.
- Medicines used to treat fits (anticonvulsants), medicines used as oral contraceptives may reduce the effect of Combiflam Liquid hence should be used with caution.
- Medicines used to treat various mood and brain-related disorders (amobarbital, pentobarbital, secobarbital, Amitriptyline, Amoxapine, Nortriptyline) may increase the risk of liver damage when used with this syrup.Read less
- The absorption of paracetamol in Combiflam Liquid is increased when used with medicines that relieve nausea and vomiting ( domperidone or metoclopramide) and decreased when used along with reducing levels of cholesterol and other fats in the blood (colestyramine).Read less
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Other general Interactions
This medicine may give a false-positive result for the urine test done to detect slow-growing cancerous tumours (5-HIAA Urine test).
Storage and disposal of Combiflam Suspension - 60 Ml Bottle
Store it at room temperature (10-30°C) in a cool and dry place. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Combiflam Suspension - 60 Ml Bottle
If you consume this syrup in more than the recommended quantities it may lead to symptoms like nausea, stomach pain, vomiting (may be blood-streaked), headache, loss of appetite, ringing in the ears, confusion and shaky eye movement. In very high doses it may cause liver damage, drowsiness, chest pain, palpitations, loss of consciousness, fits (particularly in children), weakness and dizziness, blood in the urine, cold body feeling and breathing problems. If you think you have taken an excess of this syrup or are experiencing any of these symptoms reach out to your doctor or nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine then take it as soon as you remember. If it is already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow your regular dosing schedule. Keep in mind to have a sufficient gap between the two doses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have recently been diagnosed with Heart failure (Class II) can I take Combiflam Liquid?
A: Please consult your doctor before taking this syrup, because due to heart failure there is already fluid built up in the body, this medicine can also cause water to accumulate in the body causing swelling which can worsen the condition.
Q: Can Combiflam Liquid relieve my menstrual cramps?
A: Yes Combiflam Liquid can be helpful in relieving pain caused during menstruation.
Q: Will Combiflam Liquid make me sleepy?
A: This syrup is known to develop adverse effects like dizziness, drowsiness and confusion. But, each individual is different, so are the bodily responses to a particular medicine. Please consult your doctor before use.
Q: Can Combiflam Liquid be given to elderly patients?
A: No, Combiflam Liquid should be administered with caution as there is a high risk of side effects in the elderly population.
- Paracetamol 120 mg/5 ml Oral Suspension (04917/0009) - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 April 2021]
- Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen Information - Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2021 [cited 8 April 2021]
- Ibuprofen 100 mg/5 ml Oral Suspension - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 April 2021]
- Ibuprofen 100 mg/5 ml Oral Suspension - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 April 2021]
- Paracetamol 120 mg/5 ml Oral Suspension (04917/0009) - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 April 2021]
- Ibuprofen [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 8 April 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
- Combiflam Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Combiflam Plus Headache Relief Tablet Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Combiflam Icyhot Fast Pain Relief Gel 30 Gms Tube
- Combiflam Icyhot Fast Pain Relief Spray 55 Gms
- Combiflam Icyhot Fast Pain Relief Gel 15 Gms Tube
- Combiflam Icyhot Fast Pain Relief Spray 35 Gms
- Combiflam Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Combiflam Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Combiflam Paed Susp 100 Ml
- Combiflam Cream 15 Gm
- Combiflam Cream 30 Gm
- Combiflam 400 325 Mg Tablet 60
|You Save||₹6.72 (20% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Ibuprofen(100.0 Mg),Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(162.5 Mg)|
|Uses||Relieve pain and inflammation|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, indigestion, stomach pain|
Last Updated on: 16 Apr 2021 | 10:44 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved