Combiflam Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
Combiflam Bottle Of 60ml Suspension Description
Combiflam suspension contains Ibuprofen and acetaminophen/paracetamol as its active ingredients both of which provide temporary pain relief. It is used for toothache, muscle ache, joint pain, pain du
ring recovery post-surgery, period pain and headaches like a migraine. It should not be administered in babies aged 3-6 months for more than 24 hours and children between 6 months- 3 years for more than 3 years. Combiflam suspension should be used in caution with patients suffering from heart failure as it may cause water built up and swelling in the body. This syrup is not recommended during pregnancy. Long term use of this medicine is dangerous for the kidney and liver.
|You Save||₹6.10 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ibuprofen(100.0 Mg/5ml) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(162.5 Mg/5ml)|
|Uses||Relieve pain and inflammation|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, indigestion, stomach pain|
Uses of Combiflam Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
Contraindications of Combiflam Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
- If you are allergic to Ibuprofen and/or paracetamol/acetaminophen.
- If you have allergic reactions like inflammation of the nasal membrane (rhinitis) leading to itchy, watery red eyes and sneezes; red, itchy rash on the skin with swelling (urticaria); asthma; in response to medicines of class non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID's)....
- If you are suffering from severe kidney damage due to overconsumption of pain-killers (analgesic kidney impairment).
- If you are suffering from severe kidney damage.
- If you are suffering from severe heart failure (class IV) or have had a recent heart surgery like by-pass.
- If you are suffering or have a history of bleeding, perforation, ulcers in the stomach and digestive tract, which may be caused previously by consumption of painkillers like NSAID's.
- If you are intolerant/ allergic to fructose.
- If you are taking aspirin more than 75mg daily.
- If you are dehydrated.
Side effects of Combiflam Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
- Nausea, Vomiting
- Stomach pain, loss of appetite
- Diarrhoea, Indigestion
- Drowsiness, dizziness, headache, nervousness
- Difficulty to pass urine, swollen ankles, passing the blood through stools, vomiting (black particles)
- Yellow eyes, skin, nausea, pale stools may indicate liver damage
Precautions and Warnings of Combiflam Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients in the syrup.
- You have experienced any allergic reaction to Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID's).
- You are suffering from high blood pressure, kidney disease and/or liver diseases.
- You are suffering from heart failure or have undergone surgery related to the heart (by-pass surgery).
- You are suffering from asthma, inflammation to the lungs (bronchitis), damage of the air sacs in the lungs, a condition that causes difficulty in breathing.
- You are on aspirin or other NSAID's, painkillers with a daily dose of more than 75 mg.
- You are suffering from chronic has chronic inflammatory intestinal disease such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease or gastrointestinal bleeding.
- You are planning for pregnancy or are having trouble getting pregnant as this drug may have a negative impact on fertility.
- You are dehydrated.
- You are a diabetic.
- You have high lipid and cholesterol levels.
- You are on oral contraceptive pills, water pills, blood-thinning medicines, medicines for fits, mood disorders, antibiotics to fight infection, medicines used to treat conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and types of cancers, medicines to treat HIV, medicines used to treat inflammatory conditions, medicines used to treat heart failure and other NSAID's....
- You are allergic to fructose.
Mode of Action of Combiflam Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Combiflam Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
- Take this syrup as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Combiflam Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Combiflam suspension is not recommended with water-pills (medicines used to remove excess salt and water from the body), blood-thinning medicines like aspirin/acetylsalicylic acid, warfarin, ticlopidine) as the additive effect of both the medicines have adverse effects....
- Combiflam suspension should not be used with other Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs(NSAIDs) as it may aggravate the side-effects
- When Combiflam suspension is used along with medicines used to treat a condition like rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and types of cancers (Methotrexate), it may lead to toxicity of methotrexate due to its increased concentration in the blood, hence it should be strictly avoided....
- This syrup should used in caution with medicines used to treat HIV (Zidovudine), as the combined use of the two has shown to cause a reduction in the bone marrow and red blood cells increasing the risk of bleeding, infection and low haemoglobin....
- The risk of bleeding in the stomach and intestine is increased when Combiflam suspension is used along with medicines used to treat inflammatory conditions - Corticosteroids (Hydrocortisone). Thus, it is recommended to use this combination with caution....
- This syrup interferes with the working of the medicines used in the treatment of heart failure (Cardiac Glycosidase-Digoxin) thereby increasing the severity of the disease.
- When Combiflam suspension is administered along with medicine used to suppress the body's immune system (Ciclosporin or Tacrolimus), it may have a poisonous effect on the kidney that may cause kidney damage....
- Combiflam suspension decreases the effect of the medicines used to medically terminate a pregnancy (mifepristone), thus concomitant use should be done with caution.
- When antibiotics (like ciprofloxacin) used to fight against infections are administered along with this syrup there is an increased risk of fits.
- Medicines used to treat fits (anticonvulsants), medicines used as oral contraceptives may reduce the effect of Combiflam suspension hence should be used with caution.
- Medicines used to treat various mood and brain-related disorders (amobarbital, pentobarbital, secobarbital, Amitriptyline, Amoxapine, Nortriptyline) may increase the risk of liver damage when used with this syrup....
- The absorption of paracetamol in Combiflam suspension is increased when used with medicines that relieve nausea and vomiting ( domperidone or metoclopramide) and decreased when used along with reducing levels of cholesterol and other fats in the blood (colestyramine)....
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Other general Interactions
Storage and disposal of Combiflam Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
Dosage of Combiflam Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
Missed a Dose
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have recently been diagnosed with Heart failure (Class II) can I take Combiflam suspension?
Q: Can Combiflam suspension relieve my menstrual cramps?
Q: Will Combiflam suspension make me sleepy?
Q: Can Combiflam suspension be given to elderly patients?
Q: How many hours does Combiflam suspension work?
Q: What is the dose of Combiflam suspension for 2 year old child?
Q: What is the use of Combiflam suspension?
- Paracetamol 120 mg/5 ml Oral Suspension (04917/0009) - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 February 2022]
- Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen Information - Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2021 [cited 28 February 2022]
- Ibuprofen 100 mg/5 ml Oral Suspension - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 February 2022]
- Ibuprofen 100 mg/5 ml Oral Suspension - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 February 2022]
- Paracetamol 120 mg/5 ml Oral Suspension (04917/0009) - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 February 2022]
- Ibuprofen [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 28 February 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- COMBIFLAM STRIP OF 20 TABLETS
- COMBIFLAM ICYHOT FAST PAIN RELIEF SPRAY - 35 GMS
- COMBIFLAM ICYHOT FAST PAIN RELIEF GEL - 30 GMS TUBE
- COMBIFLAM ICYHOT FAST PAIN RELIEF SPRAY - 55 GMS
- COMBIFLAM ICYHOT FAST PAIN RELIEF GEL - 15 GMS TUBE
- COMBIFLAM PLUS HEADACHE RELIEF TABLET - STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- COMBIFLAM PAED SUSPENSION 100ML
- COMBIFLAM STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- COMBIFLAM STRIP OF 30 TABLETS