Coffdryl Syrup 100ml
Coffdryl 15 MG Description
Coffdryl Syrup is used to treat dry cough. It contains dextromethorphan, an antitussive medicine that suppresses the cough. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as p
rescribed. Driving and handling any machinery should be avoided because this medicine can make you feel dizzy. Before using the Coffdryl Syrup, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Coffdryl 15 MG
Contraindications of Coffdryl 15 MG
- If you are allergic to dextromethorphan or any of the ingredients of Coffdryl Syrup.
- If you are already taking any medicines for psychiatric disorders such as Escitalopram, Mirtazapine.
- If you are at risk of developing respiratory disorders like breathing difficulty.
- It should not be given to children below 12 years of age.
Side effects of Coffdryl 15 MG
- Itching, rashes
- Dizziness, drowsiness, sleepiness
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Coffdryl 15 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from persistent cough or asthma.
- You have a liver problem because it requires much caution.
- You have been told by your doctor that you are a slow metabolizer of medicines used for psychiatric disorders (CYP2D6). Doctors advise caution for such patients.
- You are already taking any other cough/cold medicines or any other medicines to treat mental conditions, as it may enhance the side effects.
- Your child develops an allergy, then it should be used with caution.
- You have previously suffered from withdrawal symptoms like aggression, anxiety, sweating when you suddenly stopped taking drugs or alcohol.
Mode of Action of Coffdryl 15 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Coffdryl 15 MG
- Take Coffdryl Syrup as per doctor's prescription.
- Shake well before the use and use a measuring cup or spoon for measurement.
- Do not take more than four doses in 24 hours.
Interactions of Coffdryl 15 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Coffdryl Syrup works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of the Coffdryl Syrup and medicine to treat psychiatric disorders such as Selegiline, Rasagiline should be avoided, as there are chances of adverse effects like high fever, hallucinations, excitations, or sometimes coma....
- Simultaneous use of this medicine along with the medicines used to treat psychiatric disorders such as Amitriptyline, Citalopram, can lead to adverse effects like aggression, confusion, diarrhoea, respiratory problem....
- Other medicines are Amiodarone, Flecainide, and Propafenone, Sertraline, Bupropion, Methadone, Cinacalcet, Haloperidol, Perphenazine, and Thioridazine, Quinidine, and Terbinafine, which may affect the mental condition. The patient should be monitored closely, and the doctor may change the dose accordingly....
- Concomitant use of this medicine with alcohol, antiallergic medicines, and medicines used to treat psychiatric diseases may enhance the sedative effect of the medicine
Storage and disposal of Coffdryl 15 MG
- Store Coffdryl Syrup below 30°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Coffdryl 15 MG
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Coffdryl Syrup, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have a cough, can I take Coffdryl Syrup?
Q: Any precautions do I need to take before starting this treatment with Coffdryl Syrup?
Q: Does Coffdryl Syrup contain steroids?
Q: How long should I take Coffdryl Syrup?
Q: Is Coffdryl Syrup for dry cough?
Q: When should you take Coffdryl Syrup?
- CDSCO - Dextromethorphan [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]
- Benylin Dry Coughs 7.5mg / 5ml Syrup - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]
- Lactmed - Dextromethorphan [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]
- Benylin Dry Coughs 7.5mg / 5ml Syrup - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]