Clotawin 250mg Tablet
By BESTOCHEM FORMULATIONS INDIA LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clotawin 250 MG Description
Clotawin 250mg tablet contains etamsylate, a hemostatic agent which prevents blood loss by improving platelet adhesion.
|You Save||₹16.13 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Stop bleeding(hemostatic agent), Hereditary haemorrhagic telangiectasia|
|Side effects||Fall in blood pressure, Skin reactions like rashes or swelling, Headache, Nausea, Dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Etamsylate(250.0 Mg)
4 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Clotawin 250mg Tablet
- Cosklot 250mg TabletBy Oaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 144.51₹ 134.39₹
- Botrostat 250mg TabletBy Juggat Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 146.50₹ 124.52₹
- Ethasyl 250mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 123.90₹ 106.55₹
- Sylate 250mg TabletBy Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 187.55₹ 163.17₹
Uses of Clotawin 250 MG
- Arrest bleeding(hemostatic action)
- Hereditary haemorrhagic telangiectasia.
Contraindications of Clotawin 250 MG
- Allergy to etamsylate or any other ingredients of Clotwin tablets
- Thrombocytopenic purpura
Side effects of Clotawin 250 MG
- Fall in blood pressure
- Skin reactions like rashes or swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Clotawin 250 MG
Can I take Clotawin tablets during pregnancy?
Clotawin tablet is not recommended during pregnancy. Although, it is used for post episiotomy pain relief combined with other medications.
Can I take Clotawin tablets while breastfeeding?
Clotawin tablet is not recommended while breastfeeding. However, your doctor may prescribe it in combination with other medications post labour. Please do not take it without a doctor's prescription.
Can I drive if I have consumed Clotawin tablets?
Some of the side effects of the medication, like dizziness and headache, may impair your ability to drive or operate heavy machinery. Please avoid driving or operating heavy machinery until these symptoms wear off.
Can I consume alcohol with Clotawin tablets?
Consumption of alcohol may worsen some of the side effects of the medicine. Hence please let the doctor know if you have a habit of drinking alcohol before using the medicine. .
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an allergy to etamsylate or Clotawin tablets
- You have disorders of blood
Mode of Action of Clotawin 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Etamsylate stops the bleeding in various ways. First, It increases the activity of platelets induced by arachidonic acid (AA), thromboxane A2, collagen and calcium ionophore A23187. Then, it also increases the protein formation needed for the blood clotting process and reduces the formation of a type of fat (prostacyclin 12) that blocks clotting....
Directions for Use of Clotawin 250 MG
- Please take this medication as directed by your doctor. The tablet has to be swallowed whole with a glass of water.
Storage and disposal of Clotawin 250 MG
Store at room temperature away from direct sunlight and protect from moisture. Store out of reach from children. Do not throw away the unused medicine in the household trash. Instead, please ask your pharmacist for safe disposal practices....
Dosage of Clotawin 250 MG
Please go to the emergency department closest to you in case of overdose. In addition, please carry the product package with you to provide the doctor treating you with the necessary details.
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, please take it as soon as you realise it. Then, please skip the missed dose and take the next one if it is time for your next dose. Do not take two doses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Clotawin tablets be used in children?
A: Clotawin tablets can be used in children with caution. Please do not use these tablets in children without a paediatrician's prescription.
Q: Does Clotawin tablet have any effect on menstrual blood loss?
A: Yes, Clotawin tablets are used to reduce menstrual blood loss in women.
Q: What special dietary instructions should I follow?
A: Please continue your well-balanced diet unless your doctor recommends a specific diet.
- Kovacs L, Annus J. Effect of Etamsylate on menstrual blood loss in women using IUDs. Contracept Deliv Syst. 1980 Apr;1(2):155-9. PMID: 12336243.
- P; GRPCCH. Therapeutic efficacy and mechanism of action of ethamsylate, a long-standing hemostatic agent [Internet]. American journal of therapeutics. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022Apr26]. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16772766/
- Okuma M;Takayama H;Sugiyama T;Sensaki S;Uchino H; Effects of etamsylate on platelet functions and arachidonic acid metabolism [Internet]. Thrombosis and haemostasis. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022Apr26]. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/6819650/
- Langdon L. Transient hypotension following intravenous ethamsylate (dicynene) [Internet]. British medical journal. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 1977 [cited 2022Apr26]. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1607699/?page=1
- Ema. EU/3/18/2087 [Internet]. European Medicines Agency. 2020 [cited 2022Apr26]. Available from: https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/medicines/human/orphan-designations/eu3182087
- Etamsylate [Internet]. National Center for Biotechnology Information. PubChem Compound Database. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022Apr26]. Available from: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Etamsylate#section=Chemical-Co-Occurrences-in-Literature
- M; HRFD. Indomethacin and ethamsylate alone and in combination for the relief of post episiotomy pain [Internet]. Irish journal of medical science. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022Apr26]. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1428773/
- Ethamsylate Pharmacology & Usage Details | Medicine India [Internet]. Medicineindia.org. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicineindia.org/pharmacology-for-generic/725/ethamsylate
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.